- The report contains detailed information about OraSure Technologies Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for OraSure Technologies Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The OraSure Technologies Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes OraSure Technologies Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of OraSure Technologies Inc. business.
About OraSure Technologies Inc.
OraSure Technologies, Inc. engages in the development, manufacture, marketing, and sale of oral fluid diagnostic products and specimen collection devices.
The company offers products using its proprietary oral fluid technologies, as well as other diagnostic products, including immunoassays and other in vitro diagnostic tests that are used on other specimen types, and other medical devices used for the removal of benign skin lesions by cryosurgery or freezing. The companys diagnostic products include tests which are performed on a rapid basis at the point of care and tests which are processed in a laboratory. These products are sold in the United States and internationally to various clinical laboratories, hospitals, clinics, community-based organizations and other public health organizations, distributors, government agencies, physicians offices, and commercial and industrial entities. One of its products is sold in the over-the-counter (OTC) or consumer retail markets in North America, Europe, Central and South America, and Australia.
OraQuick ADVANCE HIV-1/2: It is a rapid, point-of-care test for antibodies to the Human Immunodeficiency Virus Type 1 (HIV-1) and Type 2 (HIV-2 and together with HIV-1, HIV-1/2) that can be visually read at the point of care in approximately 20 minutes.
OraQuick HIV-1/2 OTC: It is a rapid, point-of-care oral fluid HIV-1/2 test intended to be sold in various OTC markets.
OraQuick HCV (hepatitis C virus): It is a rapid, point-of-care test for antibodies to the HCV.
OraSure: It is an oral fluid collection device for the detection of antibodies to HIV-1 in an oral fluid sample in a laboratory setting.
Intercept: It is an oral fluid collection device, along with nine related immunoassays, for oral fluid drugs of abuse (DOA) testing in a laboratory setting.
MICRO-PLATE DOA Assays: It is used to detect the following drugs in an oral fluid sample: marijuana, cocaine, opiates, amphetamines, methamphetamines, PCP, benzodiazepines, barbiturates and methadone.
Homogeneous DOA Assays: These are homogeneous fully-automated oral fluid DOA assays jointly developed with Roche Diagnostics for use with Intercept collection device.
Cryosurgical SystemsProfessional: Cryosurgical (freezing) system for the removal of warts and other benign skin lesions, marketed under the Histofreezer tradename primarily to the physicians office market.
Cryosurgical SystemsOTC: Cryosurgical system for the removal of common and plantar warts, sold in various OTC markets.
The company also sells certain immunoassay tests and reagents for insurance risk assessment, substance abuse testing and forensic toxicology applications; an oral fluid western blot HIV-1 confirmatory test for confirming positive HIV-1 test results obtained from the use of its OraSure collection device; and the FDA 510(k) cleared Q.E.D. rapid point-of-care saliva alcohol test.
Sales and Marketing
The company markets its products in the United States and internationally.
Infectious Disease Testing: The company markets the OraQuick ADVANCE rapid HIV-1/2 antibody test directly to customers in the public health market for HIV testing. This market consists of a range of clinics and laboratories and includes states, counties, and other governmental agencies, family planning clinics, colleges and universities, correctional facilities, and the military.
Substance Abuse Testing: The companys substance abuse testing products are marketed to laboratories serving the workplace testing, forensic toxicology, criminal justice, and drug rehabilitation markets.
Cryosurgical Systems: Most of its Histofreezer sales occur in the United States to distributors that, in turn, resell the product to primary care physicians and podiatrists in the United States. The companys U.S. distributors include Cardinal Healthcare, McKesson HBOC, Physicians Sales & Service, AmerisourceBergen Corporation, and Henry Schein. Internationally, the company sells the Histofreezer product through a network of distributors in approximately 20 countries worldwide.
The company distributes cryosurgical wart removal products in the OTC footcar
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ORASURE TECHNOLOGIES INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ORASURE TECHNOLOGIES INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ORASURE TECHNOLOGIES INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ORASURE TECHNOLOGIES INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ORASURE TECHNOLOGIES INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. OraSure Technologies Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of OraSure Technologies Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of OraSure Technologies Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. OraSure Technologies Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. OraSure Technologies Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. ORASURE TECHNOLOGIES INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ORASURE TECHNOLOGIES INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ORASURE TECHNOLOGIES INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ORASURE TECHNOLOGIES INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ORASURE TECHNOLOGIES INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ORASURE TECHNOLOGIES INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
OraSure Technologies Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
OraSure Technologies Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
OraSure Technologies Inc. Major Shareholders
OraSure Technologies Inc. History
OraSure Technologies Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
OraSure Technologies Inc. Offices and Representations
OraSure Technologies Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
OraSure Technologies Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
OraSure Technologies Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
OraSure Technologies Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Statistics
OraSure Technologies Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
OraSure Technologies Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
OraSure Technologies Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
OraSure Technologies Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
OraSure Technologies Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
OraSure Technologies Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
OraSure Technologies Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
OraSure Technologies Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?