- The report contains detailed information about Exactech Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Exactech Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Exactech Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Exactech Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Exactech Inc. business.
About Exactech Inc.
Exactech, Inc. engages in the development, manufacture, marketing, distribution, and sale of orthopaedic implant devices, related surgical instrumentation, and biologic services to hospitals and physicians in the United States and internationally.
The company manufactures some components of its knee, extremity, and hip joint replacement systems at its facility in Gainesville, Florida, utilizing automated computer aided manufacturing equipment. The company acquires and distributes other products and services through agreements, such as its agreement with Tecres S.p.A, and non-exclusive agreements, such as with RTI Biologics, Inc. (RTI) and Biomatlante SARL.
The companys joint replacement products are used by orthopaedic surgeons to repair or replace joints that have deteriorated as a result of injury or disease.
Knee Implants: The Optetrak comprehensive knee system addresses orthopaedic surgeons concerns for contact stress, patellar tracking, polyethylene wear, joint stability and bone preservation. This system provides symmetrical (same for right and left) implants for primary cruciate ligament sparing, posterior stabilized and a constrained condylar design usually intended for revision surgery.
The company also offers a complimentary asymmetrical femoral component product line extension to the Optetrak knee system. This line extension also includes a cruciate ligament sparing, posterior stabilized and a high flexion component, which allows for a range of motion. The Optetrak system also offers a new unicondylar knee system, featuring its new low profile instrumentation and a rotating bearing knee system for international markets. During 2009, the company initiated release of its PS Logic knee system which is the next step for its comprehensive Optetrak knee system.
Hip Implants: The companys line of hip implant and instrument products includes the AcuMatch Integrated Hip System, which is designed to address the majority of requirements for total hip replacement, including primary, or first time hip replacement surgery, and revision, or a surgery to replace or repair a previously implanted device. The system includes the C-Series cemented femoral stem, the A-Series acetabular components for the hip socket, the P-Series press-fit femoral stem, the M-Series modular femoral stem, the L-Series femoral stem system, bipolar and unipolar partial hip replacement components, various femoral heads, and a cemented acetabular component.
The companys AcuMatch C-Series Cemented Femoral Stem is a forged cobalt chromium stem designed to improve stability and reduce dislocation complications by improving the head/neck ratio and restoring anatomic offset for patients requiring cemented total hip arthroplasty, or joint reconstructive surgery. The AcuMatch P-Series Press Fit Femoral Stem System has multiple coating options for fixation to bone and features a scientifically sound solution to stiffness mismatch and rotational instability in the bone, potential underlying causes of post-operative residual thigh pain. The AcuMatch L-Series hip system features both cemented and press fit femoral components, as well as unipolar and bipolar endoprostheses, often used for the treatment of hip fractures.
The companys Novation hip system features both press-fit tapered and splined and cemented primary femoral stems, and offers a comprehensive acetabular system, the Novation Crown Cup, which incorporates the use of Connexion GXL enhanced polyethylene. In 2007 the company launched its ceramic-on-ceramic hip bearing system, Novation Ceramic AHS. During 2008, the company introduced the Novation Element hip system which is a flat wedge design system to allow Exactech to meet a portion of the primary hip market.
Biologics and Spine: The company makes and distribute various products designed for the healing and regeneration of bone and soft tissue, including products which contain human allograft. The company also distributes Regenaform and Regenafil allograft tissue implants for oral and dental applications.
The company markets OpteMx, a Tri-Calcium Phosphate/Hydroxyapatite based synthetic bone graft substitute, licensed under a non-exclusive the U.S. distribution agreement with Biomatlante. Additionally, the company markets a new platform of Demineralized Bone Matrix products, under the brand name Optecure.
As a result of its acquisition of Altiva Corporation in January 2008, the company added spinal fusion products to its biologics and spine product portfolio. These product lines include two Pedicle Screw fixation systems for lumbar fusion, two plating systems for anterior cervical fixation, intervertebral body fusion devices utilizing PEEK material, and an anterior plate used in thoracolumbar fusion.
The Hydralok pedicle screw fixation system is a rod and screw system used for stabilization of the lumbar spine as an adjunct to fusion. The system incorporates a 6.0mm rod design and provides stability to the surgeon during attachment to the vertebrae.
Extremities: In November 2004, the company received United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) clearance to market the Equinoxe primary and fracture shoulder systems in the United States. The company added the Reverse shoulder to the Equinoxe family in 2007, which has fueled significant growth over the last three years.
Other Products: The AcuDriver Automated Osteotome System is an air-driven impact hand piece that assists surgeons during joint implant revision procedures by aiding in removal of failed prostheses and bone cement. The AcuDriver accomplishes this by providing the surgeon with precise positioning without the inconvenience and inconsistency of striking the osteotome, a cement removal tool, with a mallet.
The companys competitors in the orthopaedic device market are DePuy, Inc., a division of Johnson and Johnson; Zimmer, Inc., a subsidiary of Zimmer Holdings, Inc.; Stryker Howmedica Osteonics, a subsidiary of Stryker Corp.; Smith and Nephew plc; and Biomet Orthopaedics, a subsidiary of Biomet, Inc.
Exactech, Inc. was founded in 1985.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. EXACTECH INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. EXACTECH INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. EXACTECH INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. EXACTECH INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. EXACTECH INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Exactech Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Exactech Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Exactech Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Exactech Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Exactech Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. EXACTECH INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. EXACTECH INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. EXACTECH INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. EXACTECH INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. EXACTECH INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. EXACTECH INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Exactech Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Exactech Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Exactech Inc. Major Shareholders
Exactech Inc. History
Exactech Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Exactech Inc. Offices and Representations
Exactech Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Exactech Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Exactech Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Exactech Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Statistics
Exactech Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Exactech Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Exactech Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Exactech Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Exactech Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Exactech Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Exactech Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Exactech Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?