Anika Therapeutics Inc. Fundamental Company Report Including Financial, SWOT, Competitors and Industry Analysis
(Coronavirus Impact Assessment - Special Edition)
- The report contains detailed information about Anika Therapeutics Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Anika Therapeutics Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Anika Therapeutics Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Anika Therapeutics Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Anika Therapeutics Inc. business.
About Anika Therapeutics Inc.
Anika Therapeutics, Inc. engages in the development, manufacture, and commercialization of therapeutic products for tissue protection, healing, and repair. These products are based on hyaluronic acid (HA), a naturally occurring, biocompatible polymer found throughout the body.
The companys wholly owned subsidiary, Fidia Advanced Biopolymers S.r.l. (FAB), has approximately 20 products commercialized, primarily in Europe. These products are also all made from hyaluronic acid, and based on two technologies HYAFF, which is a solid form of HA, and ACP gel, an autocross-linked polymer of HA.
Products and related activities
Orthopedic/Joint Health Business
The companys joint health products include ORTHOVISC, ORTHOVISC mini, and MONOVISC. ORTHOVISC is available in the U.S., Canada, Turkey and other international markets for the treatment of osteoarthritis of the knee, and in Europe for the treatment of osteoarthritis in all joints. ORTHOVISC mini is available in Europe, and is designed for the treatment of osteoarthritis in small joints. MONOVISC is a single injection osteoarthritis treatment indicated for all joints in Europe, and for the knee in Turkey and Canada. ORTHOVISC mini and MONOVISC are two newest joint health products.
In the U.S., ORTHOVISC is indicated for the treatment of pain caused by osteoarthritis of the knee in patients who have failed to respond adequately to conservative non-pharmacologic therapy and to simple analgesics, such as acetaminophen. ORTHOVISC has been approved for use in all joints in Europe and certain other international markets. It is a sterile, clear, viscoelastic solution of hyaluronan dissolved in physiological saline, and dispensed in a single-use syringe. ORTHOVISC is injected into joints in a series of three intra-articular injections one week apart.
The products available in Europe, include Hyalograft C Autograft for cartilage regeneration; Hyalofast, a biodegradable support for human bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells; Hyalonect, a woven gauze used as a graft wrap; and Hyaloss, HYAFF fibers used to mix blood/bone grafts to form a paste for bone regeneration. FAB also offers Hyaloglide, an ACP gel used in tenolysis treatment, but with potential for flexor tendon adhesion prevention, and in the shoulder for adhesive capsulitis. FABs products are commercialized directly in Italy, and through a network of distributors, primarily in Europe, the Middle East, Argentina, and Korea.
Advanced Wound Care Business
FAB offers approximately seven products for treatment of skin wounds ranging from burns to diabetic ulcers. The products cover a variety of wound treatment solutions including debridement agents, advanced therapies and skin substitutes. Its products include Hyalograft 3D, for the regeneration of skin; and Hyalomatrix, for treatment of burns and ulcers and the only product not contra-indicated for 3rd degree burns. FABs products are commercialized directly in Italy, and through a network of distributors, primarily in Europe, the Middle East, Argentina, and Korea. Several of the products are also approved for sale in the United States.
Ophthalmic business includes HA viscoelastic products used in ophthalmic surgery. The ophthalmic products that the company manufactures include the AMVISC and AMVISC Plus product line, STAARVISC-II, and ShellGel. They are injectable, high molecular weight HA products used as viscoelastic agents in ophthalmic surgical procedures, such as cataract extraction and intraocular lens implantation. These products coat, lubricate and protect sensitive tissue such as the endothelium, and maintain the shape of the eye, thereby facilitating ophthalmic surgical procedures.
INCERT, approved for sale in Europe and Turkey, is designed as a family of HA based products, with chemically modified, cross-linked HA, for prevention of post-surgical adhesions. INCERT is marketed in three countries.
Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT) Business
FAB offers eight products used in connection with the treatment of ENT disorders. The main product is Merogel, a thick, viscous hydrogel composed of cross-linked hyaluronic acida biocompatible agent that creates a moist wound- healing environment. FAB is partnered with Medtronic for worldwide distribution.
Aesthetic Dermatology Business
Aesthetic dermatology business is designed to have a family of products for facial wrinkles and scar remediation. The companys initial aesthetic dermatology product is a dermal filler based on proprietary chemically modified, cross-linked HA, and is approved in Europe, Canada, the U.S and certain countries in South America. This product is marketed in the U.S. by Coapt under the name of HYDRELLE. Internationally the product is marketed under the ELEVESS name. In 2009, Anika received a CE mark for a less concentrated formulation product branded ELEVESS Light.
HYVISC is a high molecular weight injectable HA product for the treatment of joint dysfunction in horses due to non-infectious synovitis associated with equine osteoarthritis. HYVISC has viscoelastic properties that lubricate and protect the tissues in horse joints. HYVISC is distributed by Boehringer Ingelheim Vetmedica, Inc. in the United States.
Anika Therapeutics, Inc. was incorporated in 1992.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ANIKA THERAPEUTICS INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ANIKA THERAPEUTICS INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ANIKA THERAPEUTICS INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ANIKA THERAPEUTICS INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ANIKA THERAPEUTICS INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Anika Therapeutics Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Anika Therapeutics Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Anika Therapeutics Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Anika Therapeutics Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Healthcare Equipment and Supplies Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Anika Therapeutics Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. ANIKA THERAPEUTICS INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ANIKA THERAPEUTICS INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Consensus
7.2. Experts Revisions
8. ANIKA THERAPEUTICS INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ANIKA THERAPEUTICS INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ANIKA THERAPEUTICS INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ANIKA THERAPEUTICS INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF FIGURES
Anika Therapeutics Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Anika Therapeutics Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Anika Therapeutics Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Anika Therapeutics Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Anika Therapeutics Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Anika Therapeutics Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Anika Therapeutics Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Anika Therapeutics Inc. Key Executives
Anika Therapeutics Inc. Major Shareholders
Anika Therapeutics Inc. History
Anika Therapeutics Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Anika Therapeutics Inc. Offices and Representations
Anika Therapeutics Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Anika Therapeutics Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Anika Therapeutics Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Anika Therapeutics Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Healthcare Equipment and Supplies Industry Statistics
Anika Therapeutics Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Anika Therapeutics Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?