- The report contains detailed information about SonoSite Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for SonoSite Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The SonoSite Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes SonoSite Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of SonoSite Inc. business.
About SonoSite Inc.
SonoSite, Inc. focuses on the development of hand-carried ultrasound (HCU) systems for use in various medical specialties in a range of clinical settings at the point-of-care.
The companys product portfolio consists of the NanoMaxx ultrasound tool, the M-Turbo system, the S Series ultrasound tools, the MicroMaxx system, the TITAN system, and the BioZ Dx system. All SonoSite ultrasound systems offer a digital beamformer, broadband imaging, an integrated color display, a control panel, an alphanumeric keyboard and multiple caliper measurement tools. Each of the systems provides 2/D velocity color Doppler, color power Doppler, M-mode, pulse wave and continuous wave Doppler imaging. All systems (except for the iLook) can be used with certain transducers that are capable of providing Tissue Harmonic Imaging. All systems (except for iLook) support basic ECG (electrocardiogram) synchronization to image gathering, essential for understanding cardiac cycle and anatomical variations. Image storage, image documentation to video printer or video recorder and direct personal computer connectivity are available on all SonoSite platforms. The company makes and sells a range of transducers to use with its systems to address a range of clinical applications.
The M-Turbo, MicroMaxx, and TITAN systems support dual screen imaging for comparative imaging. These systems can be used for stationary applications in a Mobile Docking Station (MDS), which supports connectivity to hospital information systems, multiple transducer connections and on-board documentation devices. The systems can be removed from the docking station to be hand-carried to the point-of-care.
NanoMaxx Ultrasound Tool: It has 5 transducers and can be configured to support a range of examinations and procedures, including thoracic assessment for hemothorax, hydrothorax and pneumothorax, vascular access, needle aspirations and injections, as well as abdominal, cardiac, nerve, OB/Gyn, musculoskeletal, small parts and vascular scanning. The NanoMaxx features a touch screen that responds to the tap of a finger, and one button optimization. A 5-year warranty comes standard on the system and most of the transducers.
M-Turbo System and S Series Ultrasound Tools: Clinicians can export images to a USB storage device in standard PC formats for review or storage on a Windows PC or Mac computers.
The M-Turbo system, at 7.5 pounds and a complement of 14 transducers, can be configured for the range of clinical and procedural guidance applications at the point-of-care, including abdominal, nerve, vascular, cardiac, venous access, small part and superficial imaging.
The S Series are the first ultrasound tools customized to specific clinical applications and designed to be wall or ceiling mounted or can be used from a stand. The company offers the S-MSK for musculoskeletal applications, the S-GYN and S-Womens Health.
MicroMaxx System: The MicroMaxx system weighs 7.6 pounds (with battery). It has 14 transducers and can be configured for use in anesthesia, cardiology, critical and acute care, emergency medicine, OB/Gyn, preventive cardiology, radiology, surgery and vascular applications. A 5-year warranty comes standard on the system and most of the transducers.
Accessories: The company offers a selection of accessories for its products. These include mobile docking stations, multiple transducer connections, image transfer and management software, printers, video recorders, auxiliary monitors, storage devices, carrying cases and disposable supplies.
Specialized Training and Education: The company develops education programs independently and in partnership with various medical societies and other experts in ultrasound education to provide courses for its customers through the SonoSite Institute for Training and Education. Additionally, with the introduction of the M-Turbo and S Series the company developed the Education Key programa USB thumb drive that contains a combination of system operation video tutorials, application-specific video refresher programs that provide peer-to-peer instruction on how to perform specific exams and procedures and an image
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SONOSITE INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SONOSITE INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SONOSITE INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SONOSITE INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SONOSITE INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. SonoSite Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of SonoSite Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of SonoSite Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. SonoSite Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. SonoSite Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. SONOSITE INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SONOSITE INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SONOSITE INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SONOSITE INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SONOSITE INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SONOSITE INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
SonoSite Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
SonoSite Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
SonoSite Inc. Major Shareholders
SonoSite Inc. History
SonoSite Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
SonoSite Inc. Offices and Representations
SonoSite Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
SonoSite Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
SonoSite Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
SonoSite Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Statistics
SonoSite Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
SonoSite Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
SonoSite Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
SonoSite Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
SonoSite Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
SonoSite Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
SonoSite Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
SonoSite Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?