- The report contains detailed information about Accretive Health, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Accretive Health, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Accretive Health, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Accretive Health, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Accretive Health, Inc. business.
About Accretive Health, Inc.
Accretive Health, Inc. provides healthcare revenue cycle management services. The company helps the U.S. hospitals, physicians, and other healthcare providers manage their revenue cycle operations.
The companys customers are multi-hospital systems, including faith-based or community healthcare systems, academic medical centers and independent ambulatory clinics, and their affiliated physician practice groups. As of June 30, 2009, the company provided its integrated revenue cycle service offerings to 21 customers representing 53 hospitals.
Core Service Offering
The companys core offering consists of integrated technology and revenue cycle management services. The company assumes full responsibility for the management and cost of the customers end-to-end revenue cycle operations.
Front Office (Patient Access): A hospitals front office revenue cycle operations consist of scheduling, pre-registration, registration, and collection of patient co-payments.
AHtoAccess, its integrated suite of proprietary patient admission tools, is designed to minimize downstream collections issues by standardizing up-front patient information gathering through direct connections between the customer and each of its third-party payors and automated workflow navigation of authorization and referral requirements. AHtoAccess is used by its on-site management teams and hospital employees to handle various front office tasks.
Middle Office (Health Services Billing): Once treatment has been provided to a patient, a hospitals middle office revenue cycle operations consist of transcribing physicians dictated records of patient care and related diagnoses, assigning treatment codes so that bills may be generated and consolidating all patient information into a single patient file.
The company deploys several proprietary software tools in the middle office. AHtoCharge is an automated variance detection tool used to identify missing charges in patient bills and to detect coding errors in patient records.
Back Office (Collections): A hospitals back office revenue cycle operations consist of bill creation and submission, follow-up to resolve unpaid or underpaid claims and re-submit incomplete claims, the collection of amounts due from patients, and the application of cash payments to outstanding balances.
Accretive Direct Service Offering
The companys Accretive Direct service offering is a focused technology and services solution for smaller hospitals where implementation of the suite of on-site management assistance included with its core service offering. This service offering incorporates additional automation and standardization into its revenue cycle management solution with less reliance on infused management personnel. The company has one customer that uses its Accretive Direct services, which include implementation of its AHtoAccess tool in the customers front office revenue cycle operations; implementation of its AHtoCharge tool and its physician advisory services in the customers middle office revenue cycle operations; outsourcing of the customers pre-service patient calling activities, back office revenue cycle operations and patient financial services activities to its shared services operating centers; and support for audits of Medicare charges.
Customers for its core service offering are multi-hospital systems, including faith-based or community healthcare systems, academic medical centers and independent clinics, and the physician practice groups affiliated with those systems. The companys major customer is Ascension Health.
The company targets various market segments in the United States for its integrated revenue cycle service offering:
Academic Medical Centers and Ambulatory Clinics: The companys customers in this market segment include the Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center and the Henry Ford Health System.
Catholic Community Healthcare Systems: Ascension Health is a Catholic and non-profit healthcare system, with a network of 78 hospitals and related healthcare facilities located in 20 states and the District of Columbia.
Other Faith-Based Community Healthcare Systems: The company also target the market for other faith-based community healthcare systems. It serves several regional healthcare systems in this market segment.
Not-for-Profit Community Hospitals: The company serves several customers in this market segment.
Physicians Billing Organizations: The companys customer work in this market includes the billing activities involving physicians at the Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center and the Henry Ford Health System.
The company competes with software-as-a-service or other technology-supported revenue cycle management business process outsourcing companies, such as athenahealth, Eclipsys and MedAssets; traditional consultants, either specialized healthcare consulting firms or healthcare divisions of large accounting firms, such as Deloitte Consulting and Huron Consulting; and IT outsourcers, which are non-healthcare focused business process outsourcing and information technology outsourcing firms, such as Perot Systems and Computer Science Corporation/First Consulting.
Accretive Health, Inc. was founded in 2003. The company was formerly known as Healthcare Services, Inc. and changed its name to Accretive Health, Inc. in August 2009.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ACCRETIVE HEALTH, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ACCRETIVE HEALTH, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ACCRETIVE HEALTH, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ACCRETIVE HEALTH, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ACCRETIVE HEALTH, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Accretive Health, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Accretive Health, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Accretive Health, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Accretive Health, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Healthcare Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Accretive Health, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. ACCRETIVE HEALTH, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ACCRETIVE HEALTH, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ACCRETIVE HEALTH, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ACCRETIVE HEALTH, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ACCRETIVE HEALTH, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ACCRETIVE HEALTH, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Accretive Health, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Accretive Health, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Accretive Health, Inc. Major Shareholders
Accretive Health, Inc. History
Accretive Health, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Accretive Health, Inc. Offices and Representations
Accretive Health, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Accretive Health, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Accretive Health, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Accretive Health, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Healthcare Services Industry Statistics
Accretive Health, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Accretive Health, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Accretive Health, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Accretive Health, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Accretive Health, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Accretive Health, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Accretive Health, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Accretive Health, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?