- The report contains detailed information about Humana Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Humana Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Humana Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Humana Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Humana Inc. business.
About Humana Inc.
Humana Inc. offers various health and supplemental benefit products for employer groups, government benefit programs, and individuals. As of December 31, 2009, the company had approximately 10.3 million members in its medical benefit plans, as well as approximately 7.2 million members in its specialty products. Under its Medicare Advantage CMS contracts in Florida, the company provided health insurance coverage to approximately 377,900 members.
The company manages its business with two segments, Government and Commercial.
The Government segment consists of beneficiaries of government benefit programs, and includes three lines of business: Medicare, Military, and Medicaid.
The Commercial segment consists of members enrolled in its medical and specialty products marketed to employer groups and individuals. When identifying its segments, the company aggregated products with similar economic characteristics. These characteristics include the nature of customer groups as well as pricing, benefits, and underwriting requirements.
The company provides health insurance benefits under health maintenance organization (HMO), private fee-for-service (PFFS), and preferred provider organization (PPO) plans. In addition, it provides other benefits with specialty products, including dental, vision, and other supplementary benefits.
Products Marketed to Government Segment Members and Beneficiaries
The company participates in the Medicare program for private health plans. It employs strategies, including health assessments and clinical guidance programs, such as lifestyle and fitness programs for seniors to guide Medicare beneficiaries in making decisions with respect to their health care. Medicare is a federal program that provides persons age 65 and over and disabled persons under the age of 65 certain hospital and medical insurance benefits.
Medicare Advantage Products
The company contract with the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) under the Medicare Advantage program to provide an array of health insurance benefits, including wellness programs, to Medicare eligible persons under HMO, PPO, and PFFS plans in exchange for contractual payments received from CMS. The companys Medicare HMO and PPO plans, which cover Medicare-eligible individuals residing in certain counties, may eliminate or reduce coinsurance or the level of deductibles on many other medical services while seeking care from participating in-network providers or in emergency situations. As of December 31, 2009, the company provided health insurance coverage under CMS contracts to approximately 1,508,500 Medicare Advantage members. Under its Medicare Advantage contracts with CMS in Florida, the company provided health insurance coverage to approximately 377,900 members.
Medicare Stand-Alone Prescription Drug Products
The company offers stand-alone prescription drug plans (PDPs) under Medicare Part D. Its PDP offerings consist of plans offering basic coverage with benefits mandated by Congress, as well as plans providing enhanced coverage with varying degrees of out-of-pocket costs for premiums, deductibles, and co-insurance.
Medicaid is a federal program that is state-operated to facilitate the delivery of health care services primarily to low-income residents. The companys Medicaid business consists of contracts in Puerto Rico and Florida, with the majority in Puerto Rico.
The company, under its TRICARE South Region contract with the United States Department of Defense (DoD), provides health insurance coverage to the dependents of active duty military personnel and to retired military personnel and their dependents. Its TRICARE South Region contract covers approximately 3.0 million eligible beneficiaries as of December 31, 2009 in Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, Mississippi, Alabama, Tennessee, Louisiana, Arkansas, Texas, and Oklahoma.
The company has a subsidiary, Humana Europe in the United Kingdom to provide commissioning support to Primary Care Trusts (PCTs) in England. Under the contracts, the company works in
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. HUMANA INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. HUMANA INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. HUMANA INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. HUMANA INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. HUMANA INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Humana Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Humana Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Humana Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Humana Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Healthcare Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Humana Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. HUMANA INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. HUMANA INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. HUMANA INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. HUMANA INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. HUMANA INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. HUMANA INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Humana Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Humana Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Humana Inc. Major Shareholders
Humana Inc. History
Humana Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Humana Inc. Offices and Representations
Humana Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Humana Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Humana Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Humana Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Healthcare Services Industry Statistics
Humana Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Humana Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Humana Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Humana Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Humana Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Humana Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Humana Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Humana Inc. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?