- The report contains detailed information about ZIOPHARM Oncology, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for ZIOPHARM Oncology, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The ZIOPHARM Oncology, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes ZIOPHARM Oncology, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of ZIOPHARM Oncology, Inc. business.
About ZIOPHARM Oncology, Inc.
ZIOPHARM Oncology, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, develops and commercializes a portfolio of in-licensed cancer drugs. The companys focus is on the licensing and development of proprietary small molecule drug candidates that are related to cancer therapeutics already on the market or in development and that can be developed in intravenous (IV) and/or oral forms of administration.
The companys product candidate portfolio includes palifosfamide (Zymafos, ZIO-201), darinaparsin (Zinapar, ZIO-101), and indibulin (Zybulin, ZIO-301).
The company has completed Phase I and Phase II trials for the IV form of darinaparsin and reported favorable Phase II results in peripheral T-cell lymphoma (PTCL). The company has completed Phase I trials of an oral form of indibulin both as a single agent and in combination.
ZIO-101, Darinaparsin, Zinapar
Darinaparsin is a novel anti-mitochondrial agent (organic arsenic) covered by issued the U.S. patents and the U.S. and international applications.
ZIO-201, Palifosfamide, Zymafos
Palifosfamide, or isophosphoramide mustard (IPM), is a proprietary active metabolite of the pro-drug ifosfamide. Ifosfamide, as well as the related drug cyclophosphamide, are alkylating agents.
ZIO-301, Indibulin, Zybulin
Oral indibulin is a novel small molecular-weight tubulin polymerization inhibitor that the company acquired from Baxter Healthcare in 2006. The microtubule component, tubulin, is an anti-tumor targets available for the treatment of cancer.
License Agreement with DEKK-Tec, Inc.: In 2004, the company entered into a license agreement with DEKK-Tec, Inc., pursuant to which it was granted a worldwide license for palifosfamide.
Option Agreement withh southern Research Institute (SRI): In 2004, the company entered into an option agreement with SRI, pursuant to which the company was granted an exclusive option to obtain a license to SRIs interest in certain intellectual property, including exclusive rights related to certain isophosphoramide mustard analogs.
Collaboration Agreement withh Harmon Hill, LLC: In 2008, the company signed a collaboration agreement for Harmon Hill, LLC (Harmon Hill) to provide consulting and other services for the development and commercialization of oncology therapeutics by ZIOPHARM.
ZIOPHARM Oncology, Inc. was founded in 2003.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ZIOPHARM ONCOLOGY, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ZIOPHARM ONCOLOGY, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ZIOPHARM ONCOLOGY, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ZIOPHARM ONCOLOGY, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ZIOPHARM ONCOLOGY, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. ZIOPHARM Oncology, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of ZIOPHARM Oncology, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of ZIOPHARM Oncology, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. ZIOPHARM Oncology, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. ZIOPHARM Oncology, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. ZIOPHARM ONCOLOGY, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ZIOPHARM ONCOLOGY, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ZIOPHARM ONCOLOGY, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ZIOPHARM ONCOLOGY, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ZIOPHARM ONCOLOGY, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ZIOPHARM ONCOLOGY, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
ZIOPHARM Oncology, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
ZIOPHARM Oncology, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
ZIOPHARM Oncology, Inc. Major Shareholders
ZIOPHARM Oncology, Inc. History
ZIOPHARM Oncology, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
ZIOPHARM Oncology, Inc. Offices and Representations
ZIOPHARM Oncology, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
ZIOPHARM Oncology, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
ZIOPHARM Oncology, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
ZIOPHARM Oncology, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
ZIOPHARM Oncology, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
ZIOPHARM Oncology, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
ZIOPHARM Oncology, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
ZIOPHARM Oncology, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
ZIOPHARM Oncology, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
ZIOPHARM Oncology, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
ZIOPHARM Oncology, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
ZIOPHARM Oncology, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?