- The report contains detailed information about Medicis Pharmaceutical Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Medicis Pharmaceutical Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Medicis Pharmaceutical Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Medicis Pharmaceutical Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Medicis Pharmaceutical Corp. business.
About Medicis Pharmaceutical Corp.
Medicis Pharmaceutical Corporation operates as a specialty pharmaceutical company in the United States and Canada. The company focuses primarily on helping patients attain a healthy and youthful appearance and self-image through the development and marketing in the U.S. of products for the treatment of dermatological and aesthetic conditions. It also markets products in Canada for the treatment of dermatological and aesthetic conditions.
The company offers a range of products addressing various conditions or aesthetic improvements, including facial wrinkles, acne, fungal infections, rosacea, hyperpigmentation, photoaging, psoriasis, seborrheic dermatitis and cosmesis (improvement in the texture and appearance of skin). The company offers 17 branded products. Its primary brands are DYSPORT (abobotulinumtoxinA) 300 Units for Injection, the LIPOSONIX system, PERLANE Injectible Gel, RESTYLANE Injectible Gel, SOLODYN (minocycline HCl, USP) Extended Release Tablets, TRIAZ (benzoyl peroxide) 3%, 6% and 9% Cleansers, Gels and Pads, and 3% and 6% Foaming Cloths, VANOS (fluocinonide) Cream 0.1%, and ZIANA (clindamycin phosphate 1.2% and tretinoin 0.025%). The company also sells various other products that it considers less critical to its business. It has various products under development, ranging from new products to existing product line extensions and reformulations of existing products.
Facial Aesthetic Products
DYSPORT: It is an injectable botulinum toxin type A formulation, is an acetylcholine release inhibitor and a neuromuscular blocking agent. The company markets DYSPORT in the U.S. for the aesthetic indication of temporary improvement in the appearance of moderate to severe glabellar lines in adults younger than 65 years of age. DYSPORT was approved by the U.S. Food Drug Administration (FDA) in 2009. The company owns the rights to the aesthetic use of DYSPORT in the U.S., Canada, and Japan.
RESTYLANE, RESTYLANE-LTM, PERLANE, PERLANE-LTM, RESTYLANE FINE LINES and RESTYLANE SUBQ are injectable, transparent, stabilized hyaluronic acid gels, which require no patient sensitivity tests in advance of product administration. Their particle-based gel formulations offer structural support and lift when implanted into the skin. The company offers RESTYLANE and PERLANE in the U.S.
In January 2010, the FDA approved RESTYLANE-L and PERLANE-L, which include the addition of 0.3% lidocaine. The company offers RESTYLANE, PERLANE, RESTYLANE FINE LINES and RESTYLANE SUBQ in Canada. It owns the U.S. and Canadian rights to these facial aesthetic products.
SOLODYN is the oral minocycline approved for once daily dosage in the treatment of inflammatory lesions of non-nodular moderate to severe acne vulgaris in patients 12 years of age and older. SOLODYN is lipid soluble, and its mode of action occurs in the skin and sebum. SOLODYN is available by prescription in 45mg, 65mg, 90mg, 115mg, and 135mg extended release tablet dosages.
TRIAZ, a topical therapy prescribed for the treatment of various forms and varying degrees of acne. TRIAZ products are manufactured using the active ingredient benzoyl peroxide in a patented vehicle containing glycolic acid and zinc lactate. VANOS Cream is a super-high potency (Class I) topical corticosteroid indicated for the relief of the inflammatory and pruritic manifestations of corticosteroid responsive dermatoses (psoriasis) in patients 12 years of age or older. The active ingredient in VANOS is fluocinonide 0.1%, and is the only fluocinonide available in the Class I category of topical corticosteroids. VANOS Cream is available by prescription in 30 gram, 60 gram and 120 gram tubes. VANOS Cream is protected by one U.S. patent that expires in 2021 and two U.S. patents that expire in 2024.
ZIANA Gel, which contains clindamycin phosphate 1.2% and tretinoin 0.025%, was approved by the FDA. ZIANA is the combination of clindamycin and tretinoin approved for once daily use for the topical treatment of acne vulgaris in patients 12 years and older. ZIANA is the approved acne product to combine an antibiotic and a retinoid. ZIANA is available by prescript
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. MEDICIS PHARMACEUTICAL CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. MEDICIS PHARMACEUTICAL CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. MEDICIS PHARMACEUTICAL CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. MEDICIS PHARMACEUTICAL CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. MEDICIS PHARMACEUTICAL CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Medicis Pharmaceutical Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Medicis Pharmaceutical Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Medicis Pharmaceutical Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Medicis Pharmaceutical Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Medicis Pharmaceutical Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. MEDICIS PHARMACEUTICAL CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. MEDICIS PHARMACEUTICAL CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. MEDICIS PHARMACEUTICAL CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. MEDICIS PHARMACEUTICAL CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. MEDICIS PHARMACEUTICAL CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. MEDICIS PHARMACEUTICAL CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Medicis Pharmaceutical Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Medicis Pharmaceutical Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Medicis Pharmaceutical Corp. Major Shareholders
Medicis Pharmaceutical Corp. History
Medicis Pharmaceutical Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Medicis Pharmaceutical Corp. Offices and Representations
Medicis Pharmaceutical Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Medicis Pharmaceutical Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Medicis Pharmaceutical Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
Medicis Pharmaceutical Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
Medicis Pharmaceutical Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Medicis Pharmaceutical Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Medicis Pharmaceutical Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Medicis Pharmaceutical Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
Medicis Pharmaceutical Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
Medicis Pharmaceutical Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Medicis Pharmaceutical Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Medicis Pharmaceutical Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?