- The report contains detailed information about Vical Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Vical Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Vical Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Vical Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Vical Inc. business.
About Vical Inc.
Vical Incorporated engages in the research and development of biopharmaceutical products based on its patented DNA delivery technologies for the prevention and treatment of infectious diseases, cardiovascular diseases and cancer.
Independent Programs Targeting Infectious Diseases
Cytomegalovirus Vaccine: The companys cytomegalovirus (CMV) is a ubiquitous herpes virus that can cause serious complications in two distinct patient populations, such as immunocompromised transplant patients and children born to women initially infected during pregnancy. The company is developing two CMV vaccines, such as TransVax and CyMVectin. TransVax is designed to serve the first patient population by preventing CMV reactivation or infection in transplant recipients. CyMVectin is designed to serve the second much larger patient population by preventing congenital infection by vaccinating women before pregnancy.
TransVax: The company developed TransVax as a pathway to establish a CMV vaccine proof of concept in a small patient population. It decided to specifically target patients who were susceptible to CMV reactivation in hematopoietic cell transplant, or HCT, transplants. It designed a vaccine that would primarily induce a cellular immune response. TransVax is a plasmid DNA vaccine that induces both T-cell and antibody responses by expressing two antigens, phosphoprotein 65, or pp65, and glycoprotein B, or gB.
CyMVectin: CMV is the cause of infectious disease related birth defects. CyMVectin was designed to prevent CMV infection prior to pregnancy by primarily inducing an antibody response. CyMVectin consists of pDNA that encodes the human CMV gB antigen either alone or with pDNA that encodes the human CMV pp65 antigen.
Pandemic Influenza Vaccine
The company has applied DNA delivery technology towards the development of a pandemic influenza vaccine formulated with its proprietary adjuvant Vaxfectin.
The company completed its Phase 1 H5N1 pandemic influenza trials.
The company has a Cooperative Research and Development Agreement with the Naval Medical Research Center of the U.S. Navy, or NMRC, to develop a H1N1 DNA vaccine formulated with its Vaxfectin adjuvant. It initiated the development of a Vaxfectin-formulated H1 HA DNA vaccine derived from the A/California/04/09 (H1N1) virus.
Other Infectious Diseases
The company is also developing vaccines for other infectious diseases. The company performed preclinical development and completed a Phase 1 clinical trial of an anthrax vaccine designed to provide broader protection against weaponized forms of anthrax.
Independent Program Targeting Cancer
Allovectin-7: Allovectin-7 is a plasmid/lipid complex containing the DNA sequences encoding HLA-B7 and b2 microglobulin, which together forms a major histocompatibility complex (MHC) class I. The company is conducting a Phase 3 clinical trial using its Allovectin-7 immunotherapeutic in patients with metastatic melanoma which is being funded, up to certain limits, by AnGes MG, Inc.
Vaxfectin: Vaxfectin is the companys proprietary cationic lipid formulation optimized to improve the immune response to vaccines. Vaxfectin formulations have demonstrated safety and adjuvant activity in pDNA vaccine applications in multiple animal models, including nonhuman primates.
Protein Vaccines: The company evaluated the potential of Vaxfectin to be used as a dose-sparing agent with a protein-based H5N1 pandemic influenza vaccine stockpiled by the U.S. government.
Collaboration and Licensing Agreements
The company has entered into various arrangements with corporate, academic, and government collaborators, licensors, licensees, and others. It has licensing arrangements with AnGes MG, Inc.; the sanofi-aventis Group; Merck & Co., Inc.; Aqua Health Ltd. of Canada; and Merial Limited.
The company has various Collaborative Research and Development Agreements, or CRADAs, with the NIH, the Naval Medical Research Center, and the U.S. Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases to promote the development and use of its technologies in DNA vaccine candidates.
Vical Incorporated was founded in 1987.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. VICAL INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. VICAL INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. VICAL INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. VICAL INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. VICAL INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Vical Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Vical Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Vical Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Vical Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Vical Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. VICAL INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. VICAL INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. VICAL INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. VICAL INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. VICAL INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. VICAL INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Vical Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Vical Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Vical Inc. Major Shareholders
Vical Inc. History
Vical Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Vical Inc. Offices and Representations
Vical Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Vical Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Vical Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Vical Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
Vical Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Vical Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Vical Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Vical Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Vical Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Vical Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Vical Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Vical Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?