- The report contains detailed information about Cardium Therapeutics Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Cardium Therapeutics Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Cardium Therapeutics Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Cardium Therapeutics Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Cardium Therapeutics Inc. business.
About Cardium Therapeutics Inc.
Cardium Therapeutics, Inc., a development stage medical technology company, focuses on the acquisition and development of therapeutic products and devices for cardiovascular, ischemic, and related indications.
Cardium Biologics and Tissue Repair CompanyTherapeutics and Devices for Ischemic Injuries and Other Indications
The product candidate from its Cardium Biologics unit is Generx (alferminogene tadenovec, Ad5FGF-4), which is developed as a treatment for myocardial ischemia (insufficient blood flow with in the heart muscle) due to coronary heart disease. Generx represents a new therapeutic class of cardiovascular biologics designed to promote collateral angiogenesis, a natural process of blood vessel growth with in the heart muscle, to increase blood supply to ischemic areas of the heart following a one-time intracoronary administration.
Tissue Repair Company
The companys Tissue Repair Company subsidiary is focused on the development of therapeutics and devices for the treatment of chronic wounds, such as non-healing diabetic ulcers and other wounds, as well as the repair of other tissues, including both hard tissue injuries, such as bone fracture, as well as soft tissue injuries affecting ligaments, tendons or cartilage. The Tissue Repair companys Excellarate product candidate comprises a mixture of its collagen-based gel with a biologic encoding a stimulatory growth factor (PDGF-B).
Incidence of Chronic Wounds
Regranex Gel (becaplermin), which is marketed by Johnson & Johnsons Ethicon Wound Management Division, is a FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration)-approved prescription medicine to treat such wounds. Regranex Gel is a recombinant human platelet-derived growth factor (rrPDGF-BB) protein that is used as an adjunct with other treatment modalities and is used to treat lower extremity diabetic neuropathic ulcers.
Gene Activated Matrix (GAM) Technology
Tissue Repair Companys Gene Activated Matrix technology is designed to provide a therapeutic level of protein synthesis at a particular site in the body and used in soft tissue, such as skin, ligament, tendons, and cartilage, as well as hard tissue, such as bone.
Other Biologics-Growth Factors for Regenerative Medicine
Biologics and Stem Cells for Regenerative Medicine
The development of therapeutics for regenerative medicine involves the use of stem cells incorporated into injured tissue like the heart as a means of preventing further damage and promoting healing of the affected organ. The use of stem cells, such as mesenchymal stem cells or MSCs transfected with an Ad5IGF-1 vector (such as that used in Corgentin), for addressing coronary syndromes such as heart disease or heart attack.
The companys competitors include CardioVascular BioTherapeutics, which develops injectable and topical forms of FGF-1 for the potential treatment of cardiovascular diseases.
Cardium Therapeutics, Inc. was founded in 2003.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. CARDIUM THERAPEUTICS INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. CARDIUM THERAPEUTICS INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. CARDIUM THERAPEUTICS INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. CARDIUM THERAPEUTICS INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. CARDIUM THERAPEUTICS INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Cardium Therapeutics Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Cardium Therapeutics Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Cardium Therapeutics Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Cardium Therapeutics Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Cardium Therapeutics Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. CARDIUM THERAPEUTICS INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. CARDIUM THERAPEUTICS INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. CARDIUM THERAPEUTICS INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. CARDIUM THERAPEUTICS INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. CARDIUM THERAPEUTICS INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. CARDIUM THERAPEUTICS INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Cardium Therapeutics Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Cardium Therapeutics Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Cardium Therapeutics Inc. Major Shareholders
Cardium Therapeutics Inc. History
Cardium Therapeutics Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Cardium Therapeutics Inc. Offices and Representations
Cardium Therapeutics Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Cardium Therapeutics Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Cardium Therapeutics Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Cardium Therapeutics Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
Cardium Therapeutics Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Cardium Therapeutics Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Cardium Therapeutics Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Cardium Therapeutics Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Cardium Therapeutics Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Cardium Therapeutics Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Cardium Therapeutics Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Cardium Therapeutics Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?