- The report contains detailed information about Oramed Pharmaceuticals Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Oramed Pharmaceuticals Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Oramed Pharmaceuticals Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Oramed Pharmaceuticals Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Oramed Pharmaceuticals Inc. business.
About Oramed Pharmaceuticals Inc.
Oramed Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a pharmaceutical company, engages in the research and development of pharmaceutical solutions, including an orally ingestible insulin capsule or tablet for the treatment of individuals with diabetes and rectal application of insulin.
The company focuses on the treatment of diabetes through its flagship product, an orally ingestible insulin capsule (ORMD0801), which is in phase 2 clinical trials. Its technology allows insulin to travel from the gastrointestinal tract through the portal vein to the bloodstream, revolutionizing the manner in which insulin is delivered.
Orally Ingestible Insulin: In 2009, the company commenced a non-FDA approved Phase 2B study in South Africa to evaluate the safety, tolerability, and efficacy of its oral insulin capsule (ORMD 0801) on type 2 diabetic volunteers. It is considering whether and when to conduct an additional non-FDA approved Phase 2B study in India.
GLP1 Analog: The company launched pre-clinical trials of ORMD 0901, a GLP1-analog. The pre-clinical trials include animal studies which suggest that the GLP-1analog (exenatide -4) when combined with Orameds absorption promoters is absorbed through the gastrointestinal tract and retains its biological activity. In 2009, the company received approval from the Institutional Review Board (IRB) in Israel to commence human clinical trials of an oral GLP-1 Analog.
Glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1) is an incretin hormone It is a type of gastrointestinal hormone that stimulates the secretion of insulin from the pancreas. In addition to stimulating insulin release, GLP-1 was found to suppress glucagon release (hormone involved in regulation of glucose) from the pancreas, slow gastric emptying to reduce the rate of absorption of nutrients into the blood stream, and increase satiety.
Partnerships and Collaborative Arrangements
The company has an agreement with Hadasit Medical Center to provide consulting and clinical trial services. It has clinical trial manufacturing agreement with Swiss Caps AG (Swiss), pursuant to which Swiss manufactures the oral insulin capsule developed by it.
The company has a five year master services agreement with SAFC, an operating division of Sigma-Aldrich, Inc., pursuant to which SAFC is providing services for individual projects, which may include strategic planning, expert consultation, clinical trial services, statistical programming and analysis, data processing, data management, regulatory, clerical, project management, central laboratory services, pre-clinical services, pharmaceutical sciences services, and other research and development services.
In 2009, the company entered into a consulting service agreement with ADRES, pursuant to which ADRES would provide services for the purpose of filing an IND application with the FDA for a Phase 2 study in accordance with FDA requirements. It entered into an additional agreement with Hadasit Medical Center, to facilitate additional clinical trials to be performed at Hadassah Medical Center in Jerusalem.
In February 2010, the company entered into agreements with Vetgenerics Research G. Ziv Ltd., a clinical research organization (CRO), to conduct a toxicology trial on its oral insulin capsules.
In May 2010, the company entered into an additional agreement with SAFC Pharma, a division of the Sigma-Aldrich Corporation, to develop a process to produce one of its oral capsule ingredients.
In June 2010, the companys subsidiary, Oramed Ltd., entered into an agreement with D.N.A Biomedical Solutions Ltd, an Israeli company for the establishment of a company to be called Entera Bio Ltd. (Entera).
In July 2010, the companys subsidiary entered into a manufacturing supply agreement (MSA) with Sanofi-Aventis Deutschland GMBH (sanofi-aventis).
The company was incorporated in 2002. It was formerly known as Iguana Ventures, Ltd. and changed its name to Integrated Security Technologies in 2004. Further, it changed its name to Oramed Pharmaceuticals Inc. in 2006.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ORAMED PHARMACEUTICALS INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ORAMED PHARMACEUTICALS INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ORAMED PHARMACEUTICALS INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ORAMED PHARMACEUTICALS INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ORAMED PHARMACEUTICALS INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Oramed Pharmaceuticals Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Oramed Pharmaceuticals Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Oramed Pharmaceuticals Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Oramed Pharmaceuticals Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Oramed Pharmaceuticals Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. ORAMED PHARMACEUTICALS INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ORAMED PHARMACEUTICALS INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ORAMED PHARMACEUTICALS INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. ISRAEL PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ORAMED PHARMACEUTICALS INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ORAMED PHARMACEUTICALS INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ORAMED PHARMACEUTICALS INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Oramed Pharmaceuticals Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Oramed Pharmaceuticals Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Oramed Pharmaceuticals Inc. Major Shareholders
Oramed Pharmaceuticals Inc. History
Oramed Pharmaceuticals Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Oramed Pharmaceuticals Inc. Offices and Representations
Oramed Pharmaceuticals Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Oramed Pharmaceuticals Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Oramed Pharmaceuticals Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Oramed Pharmaceuticals Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
Oramed Pharmaceuticals Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Oramed Pharmaceuticals Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Oramed Pharmaceuticals Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Oramed Pharmaceuticals Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Oramed Pharmaceuticals Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Oramed Pharmaceuticals Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Oramed Pharmaceuticals Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Oramed Pharmaceuticals Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?