- The report contains detailed information about Access Pharmaceuticals Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Access Pharmaceuticals Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Access Pharmaceuticals Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Access Pharmaceuticals Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Access Pharmaceuticals Inc. business.
About Access Pharmaceuticals Inc.
Access Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, focuses on developing a range of pharmaceutical products primarily based upon its nanopolymer chemistry technologies and other drug delivery technologies.
MuGard - Mucoadhesive Liquid Technology (MLT): MuGard is the companys approved product for the management of oral mucositis, a frequent side-effect of cancer therapy for which there is no established treatment. MuGard, a proprietary nanopolymer formulation, has received marketing allowance in the U.S. MuGard has been launched in Germany, Italy, the U.K., Greece, and the Nordic countries by its European commercial partner, SpePharm Holding, B.V. It is working with its partners in Korea and China for marketing.
Products in Development
ProLindac (Polymer Platinate, AP5346) DACH Platinum: The companys primary development candidate for the treatment of cancer is ProLindac, a nanopolymer DACH-platinum prodrug. The company has completed a Phase 2 clinical trial on ProLindac in the EU in patients with recurrent ovarian cancer. It intends to initiate a study of ProLindac combined with Paclitaxel in second line treatment of platinum pretreated advanced ovarian cancer patients.
Thiarabine (4-thio Ara-C): Thiarabine is a next generation nucleoside analog licensed from Southern Research Institute. The company is working with leukemia and lymphoma specialists at MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston and intends to initiate additional Phase 2 clinical trials in adult AML, ALL, and other indications.
Drug Delivery Technology Platforms and Technologies
The company's drug delivery technology platforms for use in cancer chemotherapy are Synthetic Polymer Targeted Drug Delivery Technology; Cobalamin-Mediated Oral Delivery Technology; and Cobalamin-Mediated Targeted Delivery Technology.
Synthetic Polymer Targeted Drug Delivery Technology: In collaboration with The School of Pharmacy, University of London, the company has developed a synthetic polymer technology, which utilizes a hydroxypropylmethacrylamide (HPMA) polymer with platinum, designed to exploit enhanced permeability and retention effect (EPR) at tumor sites to selectively accumulate drug and control drug release. This technology is employed in its clinical program, ProLindac.
Cobalamin-Mediated Oral Delivery Technology: Cobalamin is the companys proprietary preclinical nanopolymer oral drug delivery technology based on the natural vitamin B12 oral uptake mechanism. The company is developing a product for the oral delivery of insulin, and has conducted sponsored development of a product for oral delivery of human growth hormone. It is in discussion with various companies regarding the sponsored development of Cobalamin oral drug delivery formulations of proprietary and non-proprietary actives.
Cobalamin-Mediated Targeted Delivery Technology: Cobalamin-mediated cancer targeted delivery is a preclinical technology which makes use of the fact that cell surface receptors for vitamins, such as B12 are often overexpressed by cancer cells. This technology uses nanopolymer constructs to deliver more anti-cancer drug to tumors while protecting normal tissues.
In February 2009, the company acquired MacroChem Corporation, which focuses on developing and commercializing pharmaceutical products using its proprietary drug delivery technologies.
The company's competitors include Amgen Inc.; Carrington Laboratories Inc.; CuraGen Corporation; Cytogen Corporation; Endo Pharmaceuticals; MGI Pharma Inc.; Nuvelo, Inc.; and OSI Pharmaceuticals Inc. It also competes with Bristol-Myers Squibb; Sanofi-Aventis; Antigenics; Regulon; Poniard Pharmaceuticals; Cell Therapeutics; Nanocarrier; Debio; American Pharmaceutical Partners; Daiichi; SynDevRx; and Enzon.
The company also identifies competition from Eli Lilly and Company; Bayer Healthcare; Cyclacel, Ltd.; SciClone Pharmaceuticals; Genzyme; Centocor (acquired by Johnson & Johnson); Endocyte; GlaxoSmithKline; Imclone; Xoma; BioDelivery Sciences International; Biocon Limited; Biodel, Inc.; Biovail Corporation; Diasome Pharmaceuticals; Depomed Inc.; Emisphere Technologies, Inc.; Eurand; Flamel Technologies; Merrion Pharmaceuticals; OraMed; and Xenoport.
On July 15, 2010, Access Pharmaceuticals Inc. has entered into a pre-licensing feasibility agreement with a biotechnology company to develop an oral formulation of its marketed, proprietary injectable drugs.
Access Pharmaceuticals, Inc. was founded in 1988.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ACCESS PHARMACEUTICALS INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ACCESS PHARMACEUTICALS INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ACCESS PHARMACEUTICALS INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ACCESS PHARMACEUTICALS INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ACCESS PHARMACEUTICALS INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Access Pharmaceuticals Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Access Pharmaceuticals Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Access Pharmaceuticals Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Access Pharmaceuticals Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Access Pharmaceuticals Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. ACCESS PHARMACEUTICALS INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ACCESS PHARMACEUTICALS INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ACCESS PHARMACEUTICALS INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ACCESS PHARMACEUTICALS INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ACCESS PHARMACEUTICALS INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ACCESS PHARMACEUTICALS INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Access Pharmaceuticals Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Access Pharmaceuticals Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Access Pharmaceuticals Inc. Major Shareholders
Access Pharmaceuticals Inc. History
Access Pharmaceuticals Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Access Pharmaceuticals Inc. Offices and Representations
Access Pharmaceuticals Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Access Pharmaceuticals Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Access Pharmaceuticals Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Access Pharmaceuticals Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
Access Pharmaceuticals Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Access Pharmaceuticals Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Access Pharmaceuticals Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Access Pharmaceuticals Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Access Pharmaceuticals Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Access Pharmaceuticals Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Access Pharmaceuticals Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Access Pharmaceuticals Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?