- The report contains detailed information about MEDTOX Scientific Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for MEDTOX Scientific Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The MEDTOX Scientific Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes MEDTOX Scientific Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of MEDTOX Scientific Inc. business.
About MEDTOX Scientific Inc.
MEDTOX Scientific, Inc. provides forensic and clinical laboratory services. The company also manufactures and distributes diagnostic devices and other similar products.
The company has two reportable segments, Laboratory Services, which consists of the activities conducted by MEDTOX Laboratories, Inc. and New Brighton Business Center, LLC; and Product Sales, conducted by MEDTOX Diagnostics, Inc.
The Laboratory Services segment includes drugs of abuse testing services. It also provides clinical and other laboratory services which consist of clinical toxicology, clinical testing for occupational health clinics, clinical testing for physician offices, pediatric lead testing, and analysis of heavy and trace metal. The company also provides services in the area of logistical support, data management, and overall program management services. Additionally, it provides clinical trial services which include central laboratory services, assay (test) development, bio-analytical, bio-equivalence, and pharmacokinetic testing.
Drugs-of-Abuse Testing Services: The company's sale of on-site drug testing devices supports its Laboratory Services business as confirmation testing, logistics, data, and program management services are often sold along with on-site testing devices. The companys customers for substance abuse testing include public and private companies, as well as service firms, such as, drug treatment counseling centers, criminal justice facilities, occupational health clinics, third party administrators, and hospitals.
Clinical & Other Laboratory Services: The Laboratory Services segment also offers services, such as clinical toxicology; heavy metal, trace element and solvent analyses; pain management; physician office-based clinical testing; and logistics, data, and program management services.
Clinical Toxicology: The company has a certified clinical toxicology reference laboratory specializing in esoteric therapeutic drug monitoring and emergency toxicology. The tests performed in the clinical laboratory are conducted using methodologies, such as various immunoassays (a test that uses binding of antibodies to antigens to identify and measure certain substances), gas liquid chromatography, high performance liquid chromatography, gas chromatography/mass spectrometry, and tandem mass spectrometry. The company performs analytical testing for various drug classes, including analgesic, antianxiety, anticholinergic, anticoagulant, anticonvulsant, antidepressant, antidiabetic, antiemetic, antihistamine, antiinflammatory, antimicrobial, antipsychotic, bronchodilator, cardiovascular, stimulant, decongestant, immunosuppressant, local anesthetic, muscle relaxant, narcotic analgesic, and sedative medications. Clients for its clinical toxicology services consist of hospitals, clinics, and other laboratories.
Clinical Testing for Occupational Health Clinics: The company performs basic clinical testing for its occupational clinic clients that send the company drug testing samples. The common clinical testing includes blood chemistries, complete blood cell counts, lead/zinc protoporphyrin (ZPP) testing, urinalysis, and lipid panels.
Clinical Testing for Physician Offices: The company offers laboratory tests used by physicians and other healthcare providers for the purpose of diagnosing or treating disease or illness or the assessment of health in humans. Testing is performed on blood, body fluids or tissues. Its clinical laboratory services include clinical chemistry, hematology, coagulation, urinalysis, immunology/serology (viruses, infectious diseases, and immune system), immunohematology (blood typing and antibody screens), microbiology (bacteria and parasites), anatomical pathology/cytology (tissue biopsies and cancer) molecular diagnostics (infectious diseases and genetic disorders), and sub-specialties of these categories.
Heavy Metal, Trace Element and Solvent Analyses: The company operates a laboratory in which blood and urine are tested for heavy metals (lead), trace elements, and solvents. Its clients for these services are other laboratories, occupational health clinics,
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. MEDTOX SCIENTIFIC INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. MEDTOX SCIENTIFIC INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. MEDTOX SCIENTIFIC INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. MEDTOX SCIENTIFIC INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. MEDTOX SCIENTIFIC INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. MEDTOX Scientific Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of MEDTOX Scientific Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of MEDTOX Scientific Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. MEDTOX Scientific Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. MEDTOX Scientific Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. MEDTOX SCIENTIFIC INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. MEDTOX SCIENTIFIC INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. MEDTOX SCIENTIFIC INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. MEDTOX SCIENTIFIC INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. MEDTOX SCIENTIFIC INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. MEDTOX SCIENTIFIC INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
MEDTOX Scientific Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
MEDTOX Scientific Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
MEDTOX Scientific Inc. Major Shareholders
MEDTOX Scientific Inc. History
MEDTOX Scientific Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
MEDTOX Scientific Inc. Offices and Representations
MEDTOX Scientific Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
MEDTOX Scientific Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
MEDTOX Scientific Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
MEDTOX Scientific Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
MEDTOX Scientific Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
MEDTOX Scientific Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
MEDTOX Scientific Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
MEDTOX Scientific Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
MEDTOX Scientific Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
MEDTOX Scientific Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
MEDTOX Scientific Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
MEDTOX Scientific Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?