- The report contains detailed information about Gerber Scientific Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Gerber Scientific Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Gerber Scientific Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Gerber Scientific Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Gerber Scientific Inc. business.
About Gerber Scientific Inc.
Gerber Scientific, Inc., through its subsidiaries, engages in the development, manufacture, distribution, and servicing of automated equipment and software worldwide.
SIGN MAKING AND SPECIALTY GRAPHICS
The Sign Making and Specialty Graphics segment consists of Gerber Scientific Products (GSP), Spandex and Gerber Innovations.
Through GSP and Spandex, the company designs, manufactures, services, markets, sells, and distributes printing equipment, software and aftermarket supplies to sign making and specialty graphics shops and distributors.
Spandex distributes GSP and other products primarily to the European and Australian sign making markets and other countries through a sub-distribution network. Through Gerber Innovations, Gerber designs, manufactures, sells, and services automated equipment for the die making, short run and sample making segments of the packaging industry. Gerber Innovations primarily sells directly to end-use customers.
Principal Products and Services Portfolio
GSP manufactures the GERBER Solara ion, a wide-format ultraviolet (UV), inkjet printer for digital imaging markets. The digital imaging markets continue to evolve as a result of technological advances and as sign shops continue to transition from thermal printing to digital technology. The Solara ion offers performance in UV inkjet printing by using Gerber's patent pending Cold Fire Cure process and GerberCAT cationic ink. GerberCAT cationic ink enables printing on a range of both substrates with adhesion, abrasion resistance, and color output.
Other significant products of this segment include plotters, routers, computer-aided design (CAD), computer-aided manufacturing (CAM), cutting systems and software. GSPs plotters are used to cut signs or graphic forms from vinyl substrates. Routers are used to make 3-D cuts in other signage materials, such as wood or plastic. The Gerber M Series is a cutting system designed for wide-format graphics that provides manufacturers of graphics, signs and other rigid and printed media with tools to cut, rout and crease various substrates. GSP's CAD, and CAM cutting systems are used to produce dies boards and samples and for short-run production for packaging companies in the corrugated and folding carton industries. Products consist of sample making and digital die cutting systems, die tool production systems and rotary and flat rule die processing systems, which incorporate knife, laser and waterjet cutting technologies. GSP software is used to design signs and specialty graphics, as well as to manage printing and cutting processes.
GSP offers a range of aftermarket supplies such as color foils (which is the ink used in thermal printers), adhesive-backed vinyls, banner materials, and inks for inkjet printers. Cartridges include the GerberGauge marking system, a proprietary system that uses radio-frequency identification (RFID), technology to estimate the remaining foil length on cartridges to help prevent unexpected run-out and wasted foil and material. GSP also offers various UV curable inks for inkjet products.
In April 2010, the company sold certain assets of its Spandex New Zealand and Gerber Coburn Australia businesses and ceased the operating activities related to these businesses.
In October 2009, the company closed the majority of its Spandex Poland operations.
The company competes with PaperlinX Ltd, Antalis International, and Oce N.V.
APPAREL AND INDUSTRIAL
The Apparel and Industrial operating segment markets its products through the Gerber Technology (GT), business unit. GT develops, manufactures, distributes and services design and cutting equipment and software for approximately 22,000 customers in apparel and industrial markets.
The companys suite of products can be used by its customers as integrated solutions throughout the design and manufacturing process. These products include product life cycle management and product data management software, CAD and CAM equipment and software solutions, laser projection systems for composite assembly, prefabricated construction, and quality control systems. GT offers specialized solutions to manufact
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. GERBER SCIENTIFIC INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. GERBER SCIENTIFIC INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. GERBER SCIENTIFIC INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. GERBER SCIENTIFIC INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. GERBER SCIENTIFIC INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Gerber Scientific Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Gerber Scientific Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Gerber Scientific Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Gerber Scientific Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Gerber Scientific Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. GERBER SCIENTIFIC INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. GERBER SCIENTIFIC INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. GERBER SCIENTIFIC INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. GERBER SCIENTIFIC INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. GERBER SCIENTIFIC INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. GERBER SCIENTIFIC INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Gerber Scientific Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Gerber Scientific Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Gerber Scientific Inc. Major Shareholders
Gerber Scientific Inc. History
Gerber Scientific Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Gerber Scientific Inc. Offices and Representations
Gerber Scientific Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Gerber Scientific Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Gerber Scientific Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Gerber Scientific Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
Gerber Scientific Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Gerber Scientific Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Gerber Scientific Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Gerber Scientific Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Gerber Scientific Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Gerber Scientific Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Gerber Scientific Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Gerber Scientific Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?