- The report contains detailed information about Maxygen, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Maxygen, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Maxygen, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Maxygen, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Maxygen, Inc. business.
About Maxygen, Inc.
Maxygen, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, focuses on developing improved versions of protein drugs. The company uses its MolecularBreeding directed evolution technology platform, along with ancillary technologies, and protein modification expertise to pursue the creation of biosuperior proteins.
The company operates its research and development operations through Perseid Therapeutics LLC (Perseid), which engages in the discovery, research, and development of multiple protein pharmaceutical programs, including CTLA-4 Ig product candidates (designated as its MAXY-4 program) that are designed to be next-generation CTLA-4 Ig therapeutics for the treatment of an array of autoimmune disorders, including rheumatoid arthritis, and transplant rejection.
The company's primary product candidates in the MAXY-4 program are designed to be next-generation CTLA-4 Ig therapeutics for the treatment of an array of autoimmune disorders, including rheumatoid arthritis, and transplant rejection. These candidates are designed to block the co-stimulation of T cells, a subset of white blood cells that are known to be involved in the pathogenesis of autoimmunity. Perseid has co-development and commercialization agreement with Astellas relating to the development and commercialization of its MAXY-4 product candidates for autoimmune diseases and transplant rejection. Under the terms of the agreement, Perseid would co-develop with Astellas MAXY-4 product candidates for autoimmune indications in North America and European countries. Astellas has been granted rights to develop MAXY-4 product candidates for autoimmune indications outside of North America and Europe, and for the prophylaxis or treatment of transplant rejection worldwide.
In addition to the MAXY-4 program, the company also has various early-stage research and discovery programs primarily targeting the treatment or prevention of certain autoimmune disorders and transplant rejection.
The company's MAXY-G34 product candidate has been designed to be an improved next-generation pegylated, granulocyte colony stimulating factor (G-CSF) for the treatment of chemotherapy-induced neutropenia. G-CSF products, such as MAXY-G34 may also have potential application in the treatment of ARS, an acute illness caused by irradiation of the entire body by a high dose of penetrating radiation in a short period of time. In May 2009, the company entered into an option and license agreement with Cangene Corporation (Cangene) pursuant to which the company has granted Cangene options to obtain certain licenses to intellectual property rights associated with its MAXY-G34 program to fulfill potential future government contracts related to the development, manufacture and procurement of MAXY-G34 for the treatment or prevention of neutropenia associated with acute radiation syndrome (ARS).
As of December 31, 2009, the company owned approximately 21% of the issued and outstanding capital stock of Codexis. The company has granted to Codexis certain rights to its MolecularBreeding directed evolution platform for certain small molecule pharmaceutical, energy, and industrial chemical applications.
In January 2010, the company consummated a transaction with AltraVax, Inc., a newly formed, privately-held biopharmaceutical company, for the sale of its vaccine related assets, including the related government grants.
The company faces competition from large pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical companies, such as Eli Lilly and Company, Pfizer, Inc., Genentech, Inc., Bristol-Myers Squibb Company, Schering-Plough Corporation, and Amgen Inc.; and from smaller biotechnology companies, such as Human Genome Sciences, Inc., Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., Zymogenetics, Inc., Inspiration Biopharmaceuticals, Inc., and Catalyst Biosciences, Inc. It also identifies competition from BioGeneriX AG, Verenium Corporation, Xencor, Inc., and Nautilus Biotech. The company also identifies competition from academic institutions, such as the California Institute of Technology, Pennsylvania State University, the University of California, and the University of Washington.
Maxygen, Inc. was founded in 1996.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. MAXYGEN, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. MAXYGEN, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. MAXYGEN, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. MAXYGEN, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. MAXYGEN, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Maxygen, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Maxygen, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Maxygen, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Maxygen, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Maxygen, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. MAXYGEN, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. MAXYGEN, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. MAXYGEN, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. MAXYGEN, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. MAXYGEN, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. MAXYGEN, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Maxygen, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Maxygen, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Maxygen, Inc. Major Shareholders
Maxygen, Inc. History
Maxygen, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Maxygen, Inc. Offices and Representations
Maxygen, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Maxygen, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Maxygen, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Maxygen, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
Maxygen, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Maxygen, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Maxygen, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Maxygen, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Maxygen, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Maxygen, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Maxygen, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Maxygen, Inc. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?