- The report contains detailed information about Orchid Cellmark Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Orchid Cellmark Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Orchid Cellmark Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Orchid Cellmark Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Orchid Cellmark Inc. business.
About Orchid Cellmark Inc.
Orchid Cellmark Inc. provides DNA testing services that generate genetic profile information by analyzing an organisms unique genetic identity. The company also provides non-DNA forensic laboratory services. It has operations in the United States and in the United Kingdom.
The company, in the human identity area, provides DNA testing services for forensic, family relationship, and security applications. In agricultural applications, the company provides DNA testing services for selective trait breeding.
The company is a provider of forensic and family relationship testing in the U.S., and the company is also a provider of such services in the U.K. It conducts forensic DNA testing primarily for government agencies. The company performs family relationship testing services for both government agencies and private individuals. It markets security DNA testing services to government agencies, commercial companies and private individuals. The company performs agricultural DNA testing services for government agencies and members of the agricultural community.
Human Identity DNA Testing Services
Forensic DNA Testing Services
The company is a forensic DNA testing provider. It tests various forensic evidence samples collected at crime scenes, also known as casework. In addition to casework testing, the company also provides DNA identification profiles of individuals for inclusion in national, state and local criminal DNA databases. In the U.S., DNA specimens are collected from convicted criminals and certain arrestees and are tested by its laboratories to provide DNA profiles for inclusion in the CODIS database, as well as individual state databases. In the U.K., under the U.K. Police and Criminal Evidence Act, or PACE, DNA specimens are also collected from certain arrestees and are tested in its the U.K. laboratory to provide DNA profiles for inclusion in the NDNAD.
The companys forensic testing services are performed in its facilities located in Nashville, Tennessee, Dallas, Texas, and in Abingdon, U.K. The companys forensic testing facilities in the U.S. are accredited by the American Society of Crime Lab Directors/Laboratory Accreditation Board, or ASCLD/LAB, and the National Forensic Science Testing Center, or NFSTC.
The companys specialty testing services include Y chromosome STR analysis, which is useful in sexual assault analysis, as well as mitochondrial DNA testing and SNP based testing, both of which are used in analyzing very small or degraded DNA samples.
In the US, as of November 2009, the CODIS database stored the DNA profiles of approximately 7.6 million convicted offenders and 294,000 forensic case DNA profiles.
Family Relationship DNA Testing Services
The company offers paternity DNA testing services to both governmental agencies and private customers. Laboratory testing is done in laboratories located in East Lansing, Michigan, Dayton, Ohio and Abingdon, U.K.
Government paternity testing
The government paternity testing market in the US and UK, which comprises the majority of the companys paternity testing services, involves tests ordered by state or county governmental agencies commonly referred to as Child Support Enforcement Agencies, or CSEAs.
Private paternity testing
The companys private paternity DNA testing services are provided in the U.S. and U.K. to members of the public and legal and healthcare professionals. In addition to offering services directly to individuals, the company has relationships with firms and individuals acting as marketing agents in the U.S.
Immigration and other DNA testing
The company also provides testing services to private individuals wishing to immigrate to the U.S., Canada and the U.K., as well as to certain foreign government immigration agencies. It provides this testing under contract or from an approved vendor list. The companys other DNA testing services include testing which is designed to help identify workers on high-risk assignments in the event of an emergency or accident, to confirm Native American genetic lineage for tribal enrollment and DNA profiling to allow individuals to preserve their genetic history.
Agricultural DNA Testing Services
Through its facility in the U.K., the company conducts genotyping services under the UK governments project to help British farmers breed sheep with reduced susceptibility to the animal disease scrapie. Its genotyping service identifies sheep with SNPs associated with a genetic resistance to scrapie.
In the field of forensic DNA testing, the companys competitors include the following entities: GlobalOptions Group, Sorenson Genomics and Laboratory Corporation of America in the U.S., along with Forensic Science Service, LGC and Key Forensics in the U.K. Its competitors in the field of family relationship testing include the following entities: Laboratory Corporation of America, DNA Diagnostics, Sorenson Genomics and Paternity Testing Corporation in the U.S., along with Crucial Genetics, Anglia DNA, LGC, Forensic Science Service, DadCheck, DNA Bioscience, The Paternity Company, DNA Now and DNA Diagnostics in the U.K.
Orchid Cellmark Inc. was founded in 1995. The company was formerly known as Orchid Biosciences, Inc. and changed its name to Orchid Cellmark Inc. in 2005.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ORCHID CELLMARK INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ORCHID CELLMARK INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ORCHID CELLMARK INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ORCHID CELLMARK INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ORCHID CELLMARK INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Orchid Cellmark Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Orchid Cellmark Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Orchid Cellmark Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Orchid Cellmark Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Orchid Cellmark Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. ORCHID CELLMARK INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ORCHID CELLMARK INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ORCHID CELLMARK INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ORCHID CELLMARK INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ORCHID CELLMARK INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ORCHID CELLMARK INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Orchid Cellmark Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Orchid Cellmark Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Orchid Cellmark Inc. Major Shareholders
Orchid Cellmark Inc. History
Orchid Cellmark Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Orchid Cellmark Inc. Offices and Representations
Orchid Cellmark Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Orchid Cellmark Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Orchid Cellmark Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Orchid Cellmark Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
Orchid Cellmark Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Orchid Cellmark Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Orchid Cellmark Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Orchid Cellmark Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Orchid Cellmark Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Orchid Cellmark Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Orchid Cellmark Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Orchid Cellmark Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?