- The report contains detailed information about Matrixx Initiatives Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Matrixx Initiatives Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Matrixx Initiatives Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Matrixx Initiatives Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Matrixx Initiatives Inc. business.
About Matrixx Initiatives Inc.
Matrixx Initiatives, Inc., through its subsidiaries, engages in the development, marketing, and sale of over-the-counter (OTC) healthcare products in the United States. The company markets and sells products under the Zicam brand.
Markets and Products
The companys Zicam products are marketed in the cough and cold market category. It offers following product classes within the cough and cold category: Cold Remedy; Allergy/Sinus; Cough and Multi-Symptom relief; and other cough/cold.
The company markets oral delivery forms of Zicam Cold Remedy products. The oral Cold Remedy products are designed to deliver a dose of ionic zinc to the oral mucosa and reduce the duration of the common cold. It also expanded its oral Cold Remedy product offerings with the introduction of Zicam Zavors (a coated chewable product) and Zicam Liqui-loz (a liquid center lozenge).
Zicam Allergy Relief is a homeopathic nasal gel formula. Zicam Allergy Relief is designed to control allergy symptoms for sufferers of hay fever and other upper respiratory allergies. It offers Zicam Allergy Relief Swabs, which utilize its proprietary swab delivery platform. The company also markets two allopathic Zicam nasal gel products: Extreme Congestion Relief and Sinus Relief. These two products combine the active ingredient oxymetazoline hydrochloride into its gel matrix to provide relief of nasal congestion and sinus pressure.
Cough and Multi-Symptom
The company markets one cough spray product and two multi-symptom relief products. Zicam Cough Max is a liquid spray formulation designed to deliver cough relief and soothe throat irritation. Its Zicam Multi-Symptom Cold & Flu Relief products provide consumers a flavor-neutral liquid that can be poured into a beverage (hot or cold) for relief of cold and flu symptoms.
The company offers Zicam Cold Sore Swabs. The cold sore product utilizes its proprietary swab platform to help consumers get over their cold sores. It also offers its Healthy Z-ssentials products (orange and lemon-lime). Healthy Z-ssentials are dissolving tablets formulated with ingredients to promote health and well-being.
The company sells its products directly to major food, drug, mass market, such as Wal-Mart and Target, and wholesale warehouse retailers throughout the United States, and to distributors that sell to smaller retail establishments. The company's major customers include Wal-Mart, Walgreens, and CVS.
The company was founded in 1991. It was formerly known as Gum Tech International, Inc. and changed its name to Matrixx Initiatives, Inc. in 2002.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. MATRIXX INITIATIVES INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. MATRIXX INITIATIVES INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. MATRIXX INITIATIVES INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. MATRIXX INITIATIVES INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. MATRIXX INITIATIVES INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Matrixx Initiatives Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Matrixx Initiatives Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Matrixx Initiatives Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Matrixx Initiatives Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Matrixx Initiatives Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. MATRIXX INITIATIVES INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. MATRIXX INITIATIVES INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. MATRIXX INITIATIVES INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. MATRIXX INITIATIVES INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. MATRIXX INITIATIVES INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. MATRIXX INITIATIVES INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Matrixx Initiatives Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Matrixx Initiatives Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Matrixx Initiatives Inc. Major Shareholders
Matrixx Initiatives Inc. History
Matrixx Initiatives Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Matrixx Initiatives Inc. Offices and Representations
Matrixx Initiatives Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Matrixx Initiatives Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Matrixx Initiatives Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Matrixx Initiatives Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
Matrixx Initiatives Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Matrixx Initiatives Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Matrixx Initiatives Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Matrixx Initiatives Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Matrixx Initiatives Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Matrixx Initiatives Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Matrixx Initiatives Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Matrixx Initiatives Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?