- The report contains detailed information about Bioanalytical Systems Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Bioanalytical Systems Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Bioanalytical Systems Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Bioanalytical Systems Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Bioanalytical Systems Inc. business.
About Bioanalytical Systems Inc.
Bioanalytical Systems, Inc. provides contract development services and research equipment to pharmaceutical, medical research, and biotechnology companies and institutions.
The company involves in the research to understand the underlying causes of central nervous system disorders, diabetes, osteoporosis, and other diseases. It supports preclinical and clinical development needs of researchers and clinicians for small molecule through large biomolecule drug candidates.
The company operates in two business segments: Contract Research Services and Research Products, both of which address the bioanalytical, preclinical, and clinical research needs of drug developers.
Contract Research Services segment
The Contract Research Services segment provides screening and pharmacological testing, preclinical safety testing, formulation development, regulatory compliance, and quality control testing.
Product Characterization, Method Development and Validation: The companys analytical methods are primarily performed in West Lafayette, Indiana, to determine potency, chemical composition, structure, and physical properties of a compound. Its methods are used in the drug development process and in later product support.
Bioanalytical Testing: The company analyzes specimens from preclinical and clinical trials to measure drug and metabolite concentrations in complex biological matrices. Bioanalysis is performed at its facilities in Indiana, Oregon, and the United Kingdom.
Stability Testing: The company tests the stability of drug substances and formulated drug products, and maintains storage facilities in West Lafayette, Indiana necessary to establish and confirm product purity, potency and shelf life.
In Vivo Pharmacology: The company provides preclinical in vivo sampling services for the continuous monitoring of chemical changes in life, in particular, how a drug enters, travels through, and is metabolized in living systems. Its services are performed in customized facilities in Evansville and West Lafayette, Indiana using its robotic Culex APS (Automated Pharmacology System) system.
Preclinical and Pathology Services: The company provides pharmacokinetic and safety testing in studies ranging from acute safety monitoring of drugs and medical devices to chronic, multi-year oncogenicity studies in its Evansville, Indiana site.
Research Products segment
Research Products segment focuses its products business on expediting preclinical screening of developmental drugs. Its products business targets life science research market. It designs, develops, manufactures, and markets robotic sampling systems and accessories, including disposables, training and systems qualification; in vivo microdialysis collection systems; physiology monitoring tools; and liquid chromatography and electrochemistry instruments platforms.
The company offers three principal product lines, including Analytical Products, In vivo Sampling Products and Vetronics Products.
Analytical Products: The analytical products consist of its liquid chromatographic and electrochemical instruments with associated accessories. The critical component of these products is the Epsilon electrochemical platform. This incorporates all the hardware capabilities needed for most electrochemical experiments but can be modified through software development. The market is principally academic institutions and industrial research companies.
In vivo Sampling Products: The in vivo sampling products consist of the Culex family of automated in vivo sampling and dosing instruments. These are used by pharmaceutical researchers to dose animals and collect biological samples (blood, bile, urine, microdialysate, feces or any bio-fluid) from the animals. Since dosing and sample collections are automated, animals are not manually handled, reducing stress on the animals and producing more representative pharmacological data. Behavior and other physiological parameters can also be monitored simultaneously. Compared to manual methods, the Culex products offer significant reduction in test model use and comparable reduction in labor. The line also includes miniaturized in vivo sampling devices sold to drug developers and medical research centers to assist in the study of a number of medical conditions including stroke, depression, Alzheimers and Parkinsons diseases, diabetes and osteoporosis.
Vetronics Products: The Vetronics products consist of instruments and related software to monitor and diagnose cardiac function (electro-cardiogram) and measure other vital physiological parameters primarily in cats and dogs in veterinary clinics.
The companys major client is Pfizer. In addition, its products are also marketed to academic and governmental institutions.
The companys competitors include Covance, Inc.; Pharmaceutical Product Development, Inc.; Charles River Laboratories, Inc.; Parexel; and MDS Health Group, Ltd.
Bioanalytical Systems, Inc. was founded in 1974.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. BIOANALYTICAL SYSTEMS INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. BIOANALYTICAL SYSTEMS INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. BIOANALYTICAL SYSTEMS INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. BIOANALYTICAL SYSTEMS INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. BIOANALYTICAL SYSTEMS INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Bioanalytical Systems Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Bioanalytical Systems Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Bioanalytical Systems Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Bioanalytical Systems Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Bioanalytical Systems Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. BIOANALYTICAL SYSTEMS INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. BIOANALYTICAL SYSTEMS INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. BIOANALYTICAL SYSTEMS INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. BIOANALYTICAL SYSTEMS INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. BIOANALYTICAL SYSTEMS INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. BIOANALYTICAL SYSTEMS INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Bioanalytical Systems Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Bioanalytical Systems Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Bioanalytical Systems Inc. Major Shareholders
Bioanalytical Systems Inc. History
Bioanalytical Systems Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Bioanalytical Systems Inc. Offices and Representations
Bioanalytical Systems Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Bioanalytical Systems Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Bioanalytical Systems Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Bioanalytical Systems Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
Bioanalytical Systems Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Bioanalytical Systems Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Bioanalytical Systems Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Bioanalytical Systems Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Bioanalytical Systems Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Bioanalytical Systems Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Bioanalytical Systems Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Bioanalytical Systems Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?