- The report contains detailed information about InterMune Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for InterMune Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The InterMune Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes InterMune Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of InterMune Inc. business.
About InterMune Inc.
InterMune, Inc., a biotech company, focuses on developing and commercializing therapies in pulmonology and hepatology primarily in the United States and Europe.
The companys sole approved product is Actimmune, approved for the treatment of patients with severe, malignant osteopetrosis and chronic granulomatous disease (CGD). It has the rights to develop and commercialize Actimmune for a range of diseases in the United States, Canada, and Japan. The company has an agreement with Boehringer Ingelheim International GmbH (Imukin) in connection with the development and commercialization of interferon gamma-1b in Europe and the rest of the world under the trade name Imukin.
The company has an advanced-stage development pipeline in the pulmonology area and a research and development-stage pipeline in the hepatology area.
Pulmonology: In pulmonology, the company is developing a single therapy for the treatment of IPF. It is developing one clinically advanced compound for the treatment of IPF, pirfenidone. Pirfenidone is an orally available small molecule. Pirfenidone has orphan drug status in the United States and the European Union. Shionogi and Co. Ltd. holds the rights to pirfenidone in Japan, Korea and Taiwan.
Hepatology: In hepatology, the company is developing product candidates to provide expanded treatment options for patients suffering from HCV infection. Its primary compound in hepatology is ITMN-191, an orally available HCV protease inhibitor. The company is conducting a Phase 2b clinical trial of this compound. Its HCV protease inhibitor program is being conducted under its license and collaboration agreement with Hoffmann-LaRoche Inc. and F. Hoffmann-LaRoche Ltd.
In 2008, the company, together with Roche and Pharmasset, Inc. (Pharmasset) announced the initiation of INFORM-1, a dual combination clinical trial investigating the combination of two oral antiviral molecules in the absence of interferon. The initial study would evaluate the safety and combined antiviral activity of ITMN-191 and R7128, a polymerase inhibitor, in 14 days of combination therapy in treatment-naïve patients infected with HCV genotype 1. In 2009, together with Roche, the company began a Phase IIb study testing RG7227 in combination with PEGASYS (peginterferon alfa-2a) and COPEGUS (ribavirin), the current standard of care (SOC) in HCV.
In the United States, Actimmune is sold primarily to distributors and specialty pharmacies who distribute directly to patients. During the year ended December 31, 2009, the primary specialty pharmacies and distributors for Actimmune were CuraScript, Inc., Nova Factor, Inc., and Caremark, Inc.
Catalent Pharma Solutions LLC (pirfenidone): In 2009, the company entered into a commercial manufacturing agreement with Catalent Pharma Solutions, LLC (Catalent) to process and encapsulates the API for pirfenidone and to supply it with bulk pharmaceutical pirfenidone product for commercial use.
The companys competitors include Actelion Pharmaceuticals, Ltd.; Gilead Sciences, Inc.; Schering-Plough Corporation; Gilead, Merck & Co.; Pfizer, Inc.; GlaxoSmithKline; Vertex Pharmaceuticals, Inc.; Medivir; and Tibotec, Inc.
InterMune, Inc. was founded in 1998.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. INTERMUNE INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. INTERMUNE INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. INTERMUNE INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. INTERMUNE INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. INTERMUNE INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. InterMune Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of InterMune Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of InterMune Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. InterMune Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. InterMune Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. INTERMUNE INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. INTERMUNE INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. INTERMUNE INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. INTERMUNE INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. INTERMUNE INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. INTERMUNE INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
InterMune Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
InterMune Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
InterMune Inc. Major Shareholders
InterMune Inc. History
InterMune Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
InterMune Inc. Offices and Representations
InterMune Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
InterMune Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
InterMune Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
InterMune Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
InterMune Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
InterMune Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
InterMune Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
InterMune Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
InterMune Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
InterMune Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
InterMune Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
InterMune Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?