- The report contains detailed information about Idera Pharmaceuticals, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Idera Pharmaceuticals, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Idera Pharmaceuticals, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Idera Pharmaceuticals, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Idera Pharmaceuticals, Inc. business.
About Idera Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Idera Pharmaceuticals, Inc. engages in the discovery and development of DNA- and RNA-based drug candidates targeted to Toll-Like Receptors, or TLRs, to treat infectious diseases, autoimmune and inflammatory diseases, cancer, and asthma and allergies, and for use as vaccine adjuvants.
The companys internal programs are focused on developing TLR-targeted drug candidates for the potential treatment of infectious diseases, autoimmune and inflammatory diseases, cancer, and asthma and allergies.
Infectious disease program
The company is in the process of conducting two Phase 1 clinical trials of IMO-2125, a TLR9 agonist, in patients with chronic hepatitis C virus, or HCV, infection.
Autoimmune and inflammatory disease program
The company is in the process of conducting a Phase 1 clinical trial of IMO-3100, an antagonist of TLR7 and TLR9, in healthy subjects. The company is also evaluating IMO-3100 and other antagonists of TLR7 and TLR9 in mouse models of lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, psoriasis, colitis, pulmonary inflammation, and hyperlipidemia.
The company is studying RNA-based compounds that act as agonists of TLR7 and/or TLR8, which are referred to as stabilized immune modulatory RNA, or SIMRA, compounds, in preclinical models of hematological cancers.
Respiratory disease program
The company is in the process of evaluating the next steps in developing IMO-2134, a TLR9 agonist, for respiratory diseases. In addition to internal programs, the company collaborates with two pharmaceutical companies to advance other applications of TLR-targeted compounds.
Cancer Merck KGaA: The company has a worldwide license agreement with Merck KGaA to research, develop, and commercialize products containing TLR9 agonists, including IMO-2055, for the treatment of cancer, excluding cancer vaccines. Merck KGaA refers to IMO-2055 as EMD 1201081.
Vaccine Adjuvants Merck & Co.: The company has a research collaboration with Merck & Co. and granted Merck & Co. a license to develop and commercialize TLR7, 8, and 9 agonists by incorporating them in therapeutic and prophylactic vaccines being developed by Merck & Co. for cancer, infectious diseases, and Alzheimers disease.
The companys competitors developing TLR-targeted compounds for autoimmune and inflammatory diseases program include Pfizer, Inc. and Dynavax Technologies Corporation, with its collaborator, GlaxoSmithKline and for respiratory disease program include Dynavax Technologies Corporation in collaboration with AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals plc, Pfizer, Inc., in collaboration with Sanofi-Aventis Groupe, Cytos Biotechnology and VentiRx Pharmaceuticals.
For partnered programs, principal competitors developing TLR-targeted compounds for cancer treatment include Pfizer, Inc., Anadys Pharmaceutical, Inc. and VentiRx Pharmaceuticals. Merck & Co.s vaccines using TLR7, 8 or 9 agonists as adjuvants may compete with vaccines being developed or marketed by GlaxoSmithKline plc, Novartis, Dynavax Technologies Corporation, VaxInnate, Inc., Intercell AG, Cytos Biotechnology AG and Celldex Therapeutics, Inc.
Idera Pharmaceuticals, Inc. was founded in 1989.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. IDERA PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. IDERA PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. IDERA PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. IDERA PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. IDERA PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Idera Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Idera Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Idera Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Idera Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Idera Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. IDERA PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. IDERA PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. IDERA PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. IDERA PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. IDERA PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. IDERA PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Idera Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Idera Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Idera Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Major Shareholders
Idera Pharmaceuticals, Inc. History
Idera Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Idera Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Offices and Representations
Idera Pharmaceuticals, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Idera Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Idera Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Idera Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
Idera Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Idera Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Idera Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Idera Pharmaceuticals, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Idera Pharmaceuticals, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Idera Pharmaceuticals, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Idera Pharmaceuticals, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Idera Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?