- The report contains detailed information about Keryx Biopharmaceuticals Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Keryx Biopharmaceuticals Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Keryx Biopharmaceuticals Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Keryx Biopharmaceuticals Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Keryx Biopharmaceuticals Inc. business.
About Keryx Biopharmaceuticals Inc.
Keryx Biopharmaceuticals, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, focuses on the acquisition, development, and commercialization of pharmaceutical products for the treatment of life-threatening diseases, including renal disease and cancer.
The company is developing KRX-0401 (perifosine), a potentially oral anti-cancer agent that inhibits Akt activation in the phosphoinositide 3-kinase (PI3K) pathway, and also affects various other key signal transduction pathways, including the JNK pathway, all of which are pathways associated with programmed cell death, cell growth, cell differentiation and cell survival. KRX-0401 is in a Phase 3 trial, under Special Protocol Assessment (SPA), in multiple myeloma, with a Phase 3 trial in refractory metastatic colorectal cancer, under SPA, pending commencement, and in Phase 2 clinical development for various other tumor types.
In 2009, the company initiated a Phase 3 registration clinical trial for KRX-0401 (perifosine) in relapsed/refractory multiple myeloma patients. In February 2010, the company announced that it reached agreement with the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regarding an SPA on the design of a Phase 3 trial KRX-0401 (perifosine) in patients with refractory metastatic colorectal cancer. In 2009, the company announced the initiation of a Phase 2 clinical study to evaluate KRX-0401 (perifosine) as a single agent treatment for relapsed or refractory Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia (CLL) and Small Lymphocytic Lymphoma (SLL).
Zerenex (ferric citrate)
The company is also developing Zerenex (ferric citrate), an oral, iron-based compound that has the capacity to bind to phosphate and form non-absorbable complexes. Zerenex has completed five Phase 2 clinical studies as a treatment for hyperphosphatemia (elevated phosphate levels) in patients with end-stage renal disease (ESRD), and a Phase 3 program for Zerenex, under an SPA, is pending commencement. Zerenex is also in Phase 2 development in Japan by its Japanese partner, Japan Tobacco Inc. (JT) and Torii Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. (Torii).
Licensing Agreements and Collaborations
AEterna Zentaris Inc.: The company has a commercial license agreement with Zentaris AG, a wholly owned subsidiary of AEterna Zentaris Inc. (Zentaris), relating to the development of perifosine covering composition of matter and methods of treatment. This agreement grants it the rights to perifosine (KRX-0401) in the United States, Canada, and Mexico.
Panion & BF Biotech, Inc.: The company has a license agreement with Panion & BF Biotech, Inc. (Panion). Under the license agreement, it has acquired the worldwide rights, excluding certain Asian-Pacific countries, for the development and marketing of ferric citrate (Zerenex).
The company identifies competition from Pfizer Inc., Novartis AG, Ariad Pharmaceuticals, Amgen Inc., Biogen-Idec, Inc., ImClone Systems, Inc. (a wholly owned subsidiary of Eli Lilly and Company), Merck & Co., Inc., Millennium Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (a wholly owned subsidiary of Takeda Pharmaceutical Company), Onyx Pharmaceuticals, Inc., OSI Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Genzyme Corporation, Fresenius Medical Care, Shire Pharmaceuticals Group plc, and Roxane Laboratories, Inc.
Keryx Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. was founded in 1998.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. KERYX BIOPHARMACEUTICALS INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. KERYX BIOPHARMACEUTICALS INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. KERYX BIOPHARMACEUTICALS INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. KERYX BIOPHARMACEUTICALS INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. KERYX BIOPHARMACEUTICALS INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Keryx Biopharmaceuticals Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Keryx Biopharmaceuticals Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Keryx Biopharmaceuticals Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Keryx Biopharmaceuticals Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Keryx Biopharmaceuticals Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. KERYX BIOPHARMACEUTICALS INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. KERYX BIOPHARMACEUTICALS INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. KERYX BIOPHARMACEUTICALS INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. KERYX BIOPHARMACEUTICALS INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. KERYX BIOPHARMACEUTICALS INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. KERYX BIOPHARMACEUTICALS INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Keryx Biopharmaceuticals Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Keryx Biopharmaceuticals Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Keryx Biopharmaceuticals Inc. Major Shareholders
Keryx Biopharmaceuticals Inc. History
Keryx Biopharmaceuticals Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Keryx Biopharmaceuticals Inc. Offices and Representations
Keryx Biopharmaceuticals Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Keryx Biopharmaceuticals Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Keryx Biopharmaceuticals Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Keryx Biopharmaceuticals Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
Keryx Biopharmaceuticals Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Keryx Biopharmaceuticals Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Keryx Biopharmaceuticals Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Keryx Biopharmaceuticals Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Keryx Biopharmaceuticals Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Keryx Biopharmaceuticals Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Keryx Biopharmaceuticals Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Keryx Biopharmaceuticals Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?