- The report contains detailed information about Winston Pharmaceuticals, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Winston Pharmaceuticals, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Winston Pharmaceuticals, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Winston Pharmaceuticals, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Winston Pharmaceuticals, Inc. business.
About Winston Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Winston Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a specialty pharmaceutical company, engages in the discovery, development, and commercialization of products for pain management.
The companys proprietary technology affects the functioning of certain neurotransmitters that control and mediate pain transmission. Based on this technology, the company is in the process of developing products that reduce pain transmission from peripheral receptors along nerve pathways to the brain. The company focuses on pain indications, such as neuropathic pain syndromes, chronic daily headache, migraine headache, and osteoarthritis.
Winston Product Pipeline
The company has developed multiple proprietary formulations and uses of civamide and doxepin hydrochloride, two agents that affect a variety of neuroactive chemical transmitters that convey primary sensory input from the periphery to the central nervous system.
Civamide: Civamide, a synthetically produced, proprietary new chemical entity, is the active ingredient in the companys product candidates. Civamide produces analgesia by decreasing the activity of sensory neurons. Civamide appears to affect preferentially type-C neurons by specific binding to a membrane receptor, the TRPV-1 receptor, which is coupled to an action channel.
Civamide has also been shown to inhibit the synthesis of SP and reduce axonal transport of granules containing SP from the cell body to the nerve terminals. The company has preclinical and clinical experience with Civamide.
Civamide Patch: In 2009, the company completed Study WL-1001-04-03, a Phase II clinical trial evaluating the efficacy and safety of Civamide Patch 0.015% in the treatment of PHN.
Civamide Nasal Spray: The company completed a Phase II as well two Phase III clinical trials.
Civamide Cream: The company licensed the marketing rights for Civamide Cream to Sanofi-Aventis in Canada.
The company is also developing doxepin hydrochloride, a potent histamine receptor blocker and serotonin reuptake inhibitor in a patented nasal solution formulation in a concentration of 0.4%, for the prophylaxis and treatment of chronic daily headache. The company completed a Phase IIa trial of Doxepin Nasal Spray in chronic daily headache.
Civamide Capsule: Civamide Capsules are being developed for the treatment of Crohns disease. Crohns disease is an inflammatory disease of the intestines that may affect any part of the gastrointestinal tract from anus to mouth, causing various symptoms. It primarily causes abdominal pain, diarrhea (which may be bloody), vomiting, or weight loss, but may also cause complications outside of the gastrointestinal tract, such as skin rashes, arthritis, and inflammation of the eye.
Civamide Nasal Spray: Civamide Nasal Spray in a concentration of 0.01%, is also being developed for the treatment of keratoconjuctivitis sicca, also known as dry eye syndrome, in addition to its development for the prophylaxis and treatment of Episodic Cluster Headache.
The companys primary suppliers of contract manufacturing services are DPT Laboratories, Ltd., Patheon, Inc., Catalant Pharma Solutions, and Aveva Drug Delivery Systems. In particular, Civamide is manufactured for the company by Sigma-Aldrich Fine Chemicals.
The companys primary competitors include small companies focused on pain management, such as Adolor, NeurogesX, NicOx, Pain Therapeutics, and Pozen; mid-sized companies with significant pain franchises, such as Endo Pharmaceuticals, King Pharmaceuticals, Purdue Pharma, and Valeant Pharmaceuticals; and very large, diversified pharmaceutical companies, including GlaxoSmithKline, Merck, and Pfizer.
Winston Pharmaceuticals, Inc. was founded in 1992.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. WINSTON PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. WINSTON PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. WINSTON PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. WINSTON PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. WINSTON PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Winston Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Winston Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Winston Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Winston Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Winston Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. WINSTON PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. WINSTON PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. WINSTON PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. WINSTON PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. WINSTON PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. WINSTON PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Winston Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Winston Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Winston Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Major Shareholders
Winston Pharmaceuticals, Inc. History
Winston Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Winston Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Offices and Representations
Winston Pharmaceuticals, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Winston Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Winston Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Winston Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
Winston Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Winston Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Winston Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Winston Pharmaceuticals, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Winston Pharmaceuticals, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Winston Pharmaceuticals, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Winston Pharmaceuticals, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Winston Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?