- The report contains detailed information about Hemispherx Biopharma, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Hemispherx Biopharma, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Hemispherx Biopharma, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Hemispherx Biopharma, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Hemispherx Biopharma, Inc. business.
About Hemispherx Biopharma, Inc.
Hemispherx Biopharma, Inc., a specialty pharmaceutical company, engages in the clinical development of new drug therapies based on natural immune system enhancing technologies for the treatment of viral and immune based chronic disorders.
The companys primary products consist of its experimental compound, Ampligen, its FDA approved natural interferon product, Alferon N Injection and Alferon LDO (low dose oral) its experimental liquid natural interferon for oral administration.
Ampligen is an experimental drug, which is undergoing clinical development for the treatment of Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME/CFS). Nucleic acid compounds represent a potential new class of pharmaceutical products that are designed to act at the molecular level for treatment of human diseases.
The companys arrangement with Biken is part of a process to develop a nasal administered vaccine for Japan utilizing the resources of the NIID, varied vaccines and Hemispherx supplied Ampligen.
Alferon N Injection
The Alferon N Injection is the registered trademark for the companys injectable formulation of natural alpha interferon, which is approved by the FDA for the treatment of certain categories of genital warts. Alferon is the natural-source, multi-species alpha interferon approved for sale in the U.S. Alferon N Injection contains a multi-species form of alpha interferon. The companys natural alpha interferon is produced from human white blood cells.
Alferon Low Dose Oral (LDO)
Alferon LDO [Low Dose Oral Interferon Alfa-n3 (Human Leukocyte Derived)] is an experimental low-dose, oral liquid formulation of Natural Alpha Interferon. It is an experimental immunotherapeutic believed to work by stimulating an immune cascade response in the cells of the mouth and throat, enabling it to bolster systemic immune response through the entire body by absorption through the oral mucosa.
The company conducted early stage clinical trials as part of an evaluation of the experimental bio-therapeutic Alferon LDO as a new experimental therapy against influenza viruses and other lethal viral diseases.
The company has acquired a series of patents on Oragens, potentially a set of oral spectrum antivirals and immunological enhancers, through a licensing agreement with Temple University in Philadelphia, PA. The company was granted a worldwide license from Temple for the Oragens products. These compounds have been evaluated in various academic laboratories for application to chronic viral and immunological disorders.
Research and Development (R&D)
The companys focus is on developing drugs for use in treating viral and immune based chronic disorders and diseases, such as ME/CFS, HIV, HPV, SARS and West Nile Virus. Its R&D projects are targeting treatment therapies for ME/CFS and other viral diseases, such as prevention and treatment of seasonal and pandemic H1N1 or Avian influenza.
The companys competitors include Pfizer; GSK; Wyeth (part of Pfizer); Merck; Novartis; Gilead Pharmaceutical; Schering-Plough Corp. (part of Merck); Baxter; Fletcher/CSI; AVANT Immunotherapeutics; AVI Biopharma; Bradley Pharmaceuticals; 3M Pharmaceutical; and GENTA.
On April, 1, 2010, Hemispherx Biopharma, Inc. and Max Neeman International announced a collaborative clinical research effort for one of Hemispherx' primary products, Alferon N InjectionR (interferon Alfa-n3). Hemispherx Biopharma and Max Neeman International said in a joint statement that their new partnership would provide a clinical research platform designed to improve the quality of care for treatment of seriously ill patients hospitalized with either seasonal influenza or pandemic influenza.
Hemispherx Biopharma, Inc. was founded in 1990.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. HEMISPHERX BIOPHARMA, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. HEMISPHERX BIOPHARMA, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. HEMISPHERX BIOPHARMA, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. HEMISPHERX BIOPHARMA, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. HEMISPHERX BIOPHARMA, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Hemispherx Biopharma, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Hemispherx Biopharma, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Hemispherx Biopharma, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Hemispherx Biopharma, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Hemispherx Biopharma, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. HEMISPHERX BIOPHARMA, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. HEMISPHERX BIOPHARMA, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. HEMISPHERX BIOPHARMA, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. HEMISPHERX BIOPHARMA, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. HEMISPHERX BIOPHARMA, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. HEMISPHERX BIOPHARMA, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Hemispherx Biopharma, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Hemispherx Biopharma, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Hemispherx Biopharma, Inc. Major Shareholders
Hemispherx Biopharma, Inc. History
Hemispherx Biopharma, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Hemispherx Biopharma, Inc. Offices and Representations
Hemispherx Biopharma, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Hemispherx Biopharma, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Hemispherx Biopharma, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Hemispherx Biopharma, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
Hemispherx Biopharma, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Hemispherx Biopharma, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Hemispherx Biopharma, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Hemispherx Biopharma, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Hemispherx Biopharma, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Hemispherx Biopharma, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Hemispherx Biopharma, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Hemispherx Biopharma, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?