- The report contains detailed information about Synta Pharmaceuticals Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Synta Pharmaceuticals Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Synta Pharmaceuticals Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Synta Pharmaceuticals Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Synta Pharmaceuticals Corp. business.
About Synta Pharmaceuticals Corp.
Synta Pharmaceuticals Corp., a biopharmaceutical company, focuses on discovering, developing, and commercializing small molecule drugs to extend and improve the lives of patients with severe medical conditions, including cancer and chronic inflammatory diseases.
Drug Candidate Pipeline
The company has three clinical-stage drug candidates and various drug candidates in the preclinical and discovery stages.
The company has two clinical-stage programs and one preclinical-stage program in oncology.
STA-9090, Hsp90 inhibitor: STA-9090, the companys small molecule Hsp90 inhibitor, is in two Phase 2 solid tumor trials (one for non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) and the other for gastrointestinal stromal tumors (GIST)); two Phase 1 clinical trials in solid tumors; and one Phase 1 and one Phase 1/2 clinical trial in hematologic cancers. Hsp90 is a chaperone protein required for the proper folding and activation of other cellular proteins, particularly kinases.
Additional Hsp90 Inhibitors: The company is developing a new series of Hsp90 inhibitor compounds that may be orally administered and may be suitable for long-term treatment settings, such as adjuvant and maintenance therapy. It has also characterized additional small molecule, injectable Hsp90 inhibitors that provide additional options for future development. These compounds are in the lead optimization stage.
Elesclomol, oxidative stress inducer: Elesclomol is an investigational drug candidate that triggers programmed cell death, or apoptosis, in cancer cells by disrupting cancer cell mitochondrial metabolism. The company has completed Phase 3 SYMMETRY trial with elesclomol in metastatic melanoma.
STA-9584, vascular disrupting agent: STA-9584 is, the companys small molecule compound that disrupts the blood vessels that supply tumors with oxygen and essential nutrients, is in preclinical development.
Inflammatory Disease Programs
The company has one clinical-stage program and one preclinical-stage program focusing on treatments for inflammatory diseases.
Apilimod (IL-12 and IL-23 inhibitor): Apilimod (STA-5326) is an orally administered, small molecule drug candidate the company is developing for the treatment of autoimmune and other chronic inflammatory diseases. Apilimod appears to inhibit the production of the cytokines interleukin-12 (IL-12) and interleukin-23 (IL-23), and has the potential to down-regulate the inflammation pathways that underlie certain autoimmune and inflammatory diseases. The company is reviewing preliminary results from a Phase 2a clinical trial of Apilimod in patients with rheumatoid arthritis (RA).
Additional IL-12/23 Inhibitors: In addition to Apilimod, the company has also identified various other small molecule IL-12/23 inhibitors.
CRACM Ion Channel Inhibitors
The company has developed small molecule inhibitors of calcium release activated calcium modulator (CRACM) ion channels expressed on immune cells. Its CRACM ion channel inhibitors have shown anti-inflammatory activity in preclinical studies both in vitro and in vivo, inhibiting T cell and mast cell activity, including cytokine release, degranulation, and immune cell proliferation. Potential applications include a range of inflammatory diseases and disorders for which modulating T cell and mast cell function has been shown to be critical, including RA, asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), allergy, transplant rejection, and other autoimmune diseases and inflammatory conditions. The company has one compound in preclinical development. It also has additional CRACM inhibitors in lead optimization. It has an agreement with Hoffmann-La Roche to discover, develop, and commercialize small-molecule drugs targeting CRACM channels.
Synta Pharmaceuticals Corp. was incorporated in 2000.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SYNTA PHARMACEUTICALS CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SYNTA PHARMACEUTICALS CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SYNTA PHARMACEUTICALS CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SYNTA PHARMACEUTICALS CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SYNTA PHARMACEUTICALS CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Synta Pharmaceuticals Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Synta Pharmaceuticals Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Synta Pharmaceuticals Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Synta Pharmaceuticals Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Synta Pharmaceuticals Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. SYNTA PHARMACEUTICALS CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SYNTA PHARMACEUTICALS CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SYNTA PHARMACEUTICALS CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SYNTA PHARMACEUTICALS CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SYNTA PHARMACEUTICALS CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SYNTA PHARMACEUTICALS CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Synta Pharmaceuticals Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Synta Pharmaceuticals Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Synta Pharmaceuticals Corp. Major Shareholders
Synta Pharmaceuticals Corp. History
Synta Pharmaceuticals Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Synta Pharmaceuticals Corp. Offices and Representations
Synta Pharmaceuticals Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Synta Pharmaceuticals Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Synta Pharmaceuticals Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
Synta Pharmaceuticals Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
Synta Pharmaceuticals Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Synta Pharmaceuticals Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Synta Pharmaceuticals Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Synta Pharmaceuticals Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
Synta Pharmaceuticals Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
Synta Pharmaceuticals Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Synta Pharmaceuticals Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Synta Pharmaceuticals Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?