- The report contains detailed information about Emergent BioSolutions, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Emergent BioSolutions, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Emergent BioSolutions, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Emergent BioSolutions, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Emergent BioSolutions, Inc. business.
About Emergent BioSolutions, Inc.
Emergent BioSolutions Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, focuses on the development, manufacture, and commercialization of vaccines and antibody therapies that assist the bodys immune system to prevent or treat disease.
The company operates in two business segments: Biodefense and Commercial.
The Biodefense segment focuses on vaccines and antibody therapies for use against biological agents that are potential weapons of bioterrorism and biowarfare.
The Commercial segment focuses on vaccines and antibody therapies targeting infectious diseases that represent significant unmet or underserved public health needs.
BioThrax BioThrax, also referred to as Anthrax Vaccine Adsorbed, is the vaccine approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for the prevention of anthrax disease. BioThrax is approved for pre-exposure prevention of anthrax disease by all routes of exposure, including inhalation. The company sells BioThrax to the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) and the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS).
BioThrax related programs: The company is also developing a BioThrax dual adjuvant vaccine product candidate designed to provide rapid immunity.
rPA vaccine: The company is developing a recombinant form of the protective antigen protein as an anthrax vaccine. This vaccine contains purified recombinant protective antigen (rPA) formulated with an aluminum hydroxide adjuvant and is designed to induce antibodies that neutralize anthrax toxins.
Double-mutant rPA vaccine: The company is developing an anthrax vaccine product candidate based on a double-mutant form of rPA (dmPA) combined with CpG 7909 and Alhydrogel, an aluminum hydroxide adjuvant.
Anthrax immune globulin therapeutic: The company is developing a human anthrax immune globulin (AIG) therapeutic product candidate, which is a polyclonal antibody therapeutic, as a treatment for patients who have been exposed to anthrax spores and who present with symptoms of anthrax disease. The company has initiated a Phase I/II clinical trial and pilot animal studies in 2009.
Anthrax monoclonal antibody therapeutic: The company is developing a human monoclonal antibody therapeutic product candidate as an intravenous treatment for patients who present with symptoms of anthrax disease.
Tuberculosis vaccine: This is a single-dose, injectable vaccine product candidate for use in persons who have been vaccinated with Bacille Calmette-Guerin (BCG), the vaccine vailable against tuberculosis, for which the company has commenced a Phase IIb clinical trial in South Africa, and which the company is developing as part of its joint venture with the University of Oxford. The companys tuberculosis vaccine product candidate uses the attenuated, or weakened, modified vaccinia Ankara virus (MVA) as a vaccine platform to present antigen 85A to the immune system.
Typhella (typhoid vaccine live oral ZH9): This is a single-dose, drinkable vaccine product candidate that the company is developing, for which it has completed Phase I clinical trials in the United States, the United Kingdom and Vietnam, and Phase II clinical trials in Vietnam and the United States. Typhella is a live attenuated typhoid vaccine, which contains deletions in two genes of the Salmonella typhi bacterium designed to attenuate virulence and limit replication in the host.
Influenza vaccine: The company is developing a recombinant viral vaccine product candidate that would provide protection against multiple influenza strains.
Chlamydia vaccine: The company is evaluating a recombinant protein subunit Chlamydia vaccine for clinically relevant strains of Chlamydia trachomatis. It is designing its vaccine product candidate to be administered by intramuscular injection. The company is also developing an MVA-based chlamydia vaccine product candidate.
Marketing and Sales
The company has sales offices in Munich, Germany, and Singapore to target sales of biodefense products to foreign governments.
On August 11, 2010, Temasek Life Science Ventures Pte Ltd. and Emergent BioSolutions, Inc. announced their agreement to form EPIC BIO Pte Ltd. a joint venture to develop, manufacture, and commercialize a multivalent cross-protective human vaccine to protect against influenza caused by a broad range of circulating H5 influenza strains.
On October 7, 2010, the company has launched its Singapore operations. The company announced formation of EPIC Bio, a Singapore-based joint venture that would focus on developing pandemic influenza vaccines and therapeutics.
On October 12, 2010, Emergent Biosolutions Inc. has teamed up with Temasek Life Sciences Ventures to launch EPIC Bio, a research and development unit that would develop vaccines to protect against the pandemic flu.
The company's competitors include Merck & Co., GlaxoSmithKline, Sanofi Pasteur, Novartis, and Wyeth.
Emergent BioSolutions Inc. was founded in 1998.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. EMERGENT BIOSOLUTIONS, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. EMERGENT BIOSOLUTIONS, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. EMERGENT BIOSOLUTIONS, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. EMERGENT BIOSOLUTIONS, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. EMERGENT BIOSOLUTIONS, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Emergent BioSolutions, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Emergent BioSolutions, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Emergent BioSolutions, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Emergent BioSolutions, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Emergent BioSolutions, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. EMERGENT BIOSOLUTIONS, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. EMERGENT BIOSOLUTIONS, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. EMERGENT BIOSOLUTIONS, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. EMERGENT BIOSOLUTIONS, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. EMERGENT BIOSOLUTIONS, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. EMERGENT BIOSOLUTIONS, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Emergent BioSolutions, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Emergent BioSolutions, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Emergent BioSolutions, Inc. Major Shareholders
Emergent BioSolutions, Inc. History
Emergent BioSolutions, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Emergent BioSolutions, Inc. Offices and Representations
Emergent BioSolutions, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Emergent BioSolutions, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Emergent BioSolutions, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Emergent BioSolutions, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
Emergent BioSolutions, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Emergent BioSolutions, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Emergent BioSolutions, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Emergent BioSolutions, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Emergent BioSolutions, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Emergent BioSolutions, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Emergent BioSolutions, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Emergent BioSolutions, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?