- The report contains detailed information about NPS Pharmaceuticals, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for NPS Pharmaceuticals, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The NPS Pharmaceuticals, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes NPS Pharmaceuticals, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of NPS Pharmaceuticals, Inc. business.
About NPS Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
NPS Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company, focuses on the development of new treatment options for patients with rare gastrointestinal and endocrine disorders and serious unmet medical needs.
The company's primary clinical programs involve two proprietary therapeutic peptides to restore or replace biological function: teduglutide and NPSP558.
Teduglutide: Teduglutide is the companys proprietary analog of naturally occurring human glucagon-like peptide 2 (GLP-2), a peptide secreted primarily in the distal intestine and involved in the regeneration and repair of the intestinal epithelium. Teduglutide is in Phase 3 clinical development as GATTEX (planned brand name) for parenteral nutrition (PN) dependent short bowel syndrome (SBS). The company is developing teduglutide for commercialization in North America and it has licensed to Nycomed Danmark ApS (Nycomed) the right to develop and commercialize it in other regions.
NPSP558: NPSP558 is the companys recombinant full-length human parathyroid hormone (rhPTH (1-84)) that is in Phase 3 clinical development as a hormone replacement therapy for hypoparathyroidism, a rare hormone deficiency disorder in which patients are physiologically unable to regulate the levels of calcium and phosphates in their blood due to insufficient levels of endogenous parathyroid hormone (PTH).
Royalty-Based Products and Product Candidates
The company complements its proprietary clinical programs with collaborative research, development or commercial agreements with Amgen, Inc. (Amgen), Ortho-McNeil Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Ortho-McNeil), GlaxoSmithKline (GSK), Kyowa Kirin, and Nycomed.
Amgen and Kyowa Kirin (Cinacalcet HCl): Cinacalcet HCl is a small molecule compound used in treating hyperparathyroidism in patients with chronic kidney disease on dialysis and hypercalcemia in patients with parathyroid cancer. The company licensed cinacalcet HCl to Kyowa Kirin Pharma, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Kyowa Kirin Holdings, for the drug's development and commercial sale in China, Japan, North and South Korea, and Taiwan. It licensed worldwide rights (with the exception of the previously licensed Asian territories) to Amgen, Inc. to develop and commercialize cinacalcet HCl for the treatment of hyperparathyroidism. Amgen received approval for cinacalcet HCl for the treatment of secondary hyperparathyroidism in chronic kidney disease patients on dialysis, often referred to as Stage V chronic kidney disease patients, and for the treatment of hypercalcemia, or excess serum calcium levels, in patients with parathyroid carcinoma. Amgen also received approval from the European Medicines Agency (EMA) for cinacalcet HCl for the treatment of secondary hyperparathyroidism in Stage V chronic kidney disease patients and for treatment of hypercalcemia in patients with parathyroid carcinoma. Amgen markets cinacalcet HCl as Sensipar in the U.S. and as Mimpara in the EU. Kyowa Kirin sells cinacalcet HCl in Japan as REGPARA.
Nycomed (Preotact (parathyroid hormone 1-84 84 [rDNA origin] injection)): The company has granted Nycomed the right to develop and market Preotact in Europe. Preotact is the brand name that Nycomed uses to market parathyroid hormone 1-84 [rDNA origin] injection.
Ronacaleret (751689): Ronacaleret (751689) is a calcilytic compound developed under a collaborative research and worldwide license agreement with GlaxoSmithKline for the research, development, and commercialization of calcium receptor active compounds for the treatment of osteoporosis and other bone metabolism disorders, excluding hyperparathyroidism.
Other Royalty Agreements
Ortho-McNeil Pharmaceuticals: The company has entered into an agreement with Ortho-McNeil Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Johnson & Johnson, pertaining to certain of its patents.
Hoffman-La Roche Inc. and F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.: The company has entered into an agreement with Hoffman-La Roche Inc. and F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd. (Roche), under which it granted Roche a license (with the right to grant sublicenses) to develop, make, import, use for sale or sell products covered by patents relating to the modulation of NMDA receptor activity using glycine uptake antagonists.
The company's competitors include Serono; Zealand Pharma; and Helsinn Healthcare.
NPS Pharmaceuticals, Inc. was founded in 1986.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. NPS PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. NPS PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. NPS PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. NPS PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. NPS PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. NPS Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of NPS Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of NPS Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. NPS Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. NPS Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. NPS PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. NPS PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. NPS PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. NPS PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. NPS PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. NPS PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
NPS Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
NPS Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
NPS Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Major Shareholders
NPS Pharmaceuticals, Inc. History
NPS Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
NPS Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Offices and Representations
NPS Pharmaceuticals, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
NPS Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
NPS Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
NPS Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
NPS Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
NPS Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
NPS Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
NPS Pharmaceuticals, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
NPS Pharmaceuticals, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
NPS Pharmaceuticals, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
NPS Pharmaceuticals, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
NPS Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?