- The report contains detailed information about Columbia Laboratories Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Columbia Laboratories Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Columbia Laboratories Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Columbia Laboratories Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Columbia Laboratories Inc. business.
About Columbia Laboratories Inc.
Columbia Laboratories, Inc. engages in developing, manufacturing, and selling pharmaceuticals products that utilize its proprietary bioadhesive drug delivery technologies. The company is focused on the womens reproductive healthcare market. Its bioadhesive vaginal gel products provide solutions for infertility, pregnancy support, amenorrhea, and other obstetric, gynecologic and medical conditions.
Progesterone Products: CRINONE and PROCHIEVE
The companys principal product is a sustained release gel that delivers natural progesterone vaginally. Its vaginal progesterone gel product is marketed under the two brand names, CRINONE and PROCHIEVE. CRINONE/PROCHIEVE utilizes the companys patented bioadhesive delivery system (BDS), which enables the progesterone to achieve a preferential uptake of drug from the vagina to the uterus, or a First Uterine Pass Effect. The product is available in two strengths, an 8% progesterone gel and a 4% progesterone gel. The company sells CRINONE and PROCHIEVE brand progesterone gels in the U.S. CRINONE brand progesterone gel is sold outside the U.S. by Merck Serono S.A. (Merck Serono) under a worldwide (excluding the U.S.) license from the company.
CRINONE/PROCHIEVE in the 8% progesterone gel is approved in the U.S. for progesterone supplementation or replacement as part of an assisted reproductive technology (ART) treatment for infertile women with progesterone deficiency. CRINONE/PROCHIEVE in both the 8% and 4% progesterone gels is approved in the U.S. for the treatment of secondary amenorrhea (loss of menstrual period). Outside the U.S., CRINONE has been approved for marketing for one or more medical indications in 60 countries. The medical indications include progesterone supplementation or replacement as part of an ART treatment for infertile women; the treatment of secondary amenorrhea; the prevention of hyperplasia in post-menopausal women receiving hormone replacement therapy (HRT); the reduction of symptoms of premenstrual syndrome (PMS); menstrual irregularities; dysmenorrhea; and dysfunctional uterine bleeding. CRINONE 8% is principally marketed to REIs who generally perform the technical procedures to assist women who are infertile to become pregnant. PROCHIEVE 8% is available to obstetricians and gynecologists who may use progesterone in conjunction with clomiphene citrate to assist women who are infertile become pregnant.
Other Vaginal Gel Womens Products
Replens Vaginal Moisturizer: Replens is a vaginal gel product indicated for replenishment of vaginal moisture on a sustained basis and to relieve the discomfort associated with vaginal dryness.
RepHresh Vaginal Gel: RepHresh Vaginal Gel is a feminine hygiene product that can eliminate vaginal odor.
Products Outside of the Womens Reproductive Healthcare Market
STRIANT (testosterone buccal system): STRIANT is approved in the U.S., and various European countries for treatment of hypogonadism in men, but is marketed in the U.S. and Italy. STRIANT utilizes the BDS to achieve controlled and sustained delivery of testosterone via the buccal cavity - the small depression in the mouth where the gum meets the upper lip above the incisor teeth. The product, which has the appearance of a small monoconvex tablet, adheres to the buccal mucosa. STRIANT is absorbed into the bloodstream and delivered directly into the vena cava (blood vessel), bypassing the gastrointestinal system and liver. In clinical trials, STRIANT produced circulating testosterone concentrations in hypogonadal males approximating physiologic levels seen in healthy young men. The company markets and sells STRIANT in the U.S.
The company and Mipharm S.p.A (Mipharm) entered into a license and supply agreement under which Mipharm would market, distribute and sell STRIANT in Italy. In 2009, Mipharm assigned its rights to market STRIANT in Italy to Sandoz, S.p.A.
Advanced Formula Legatrin PML: The company licensed Advanced Formula Legatrin PM, a product for the relief of occasional pain and sleeplessness associated with minor muscle aches to Lil Drug Store Products, Inc.
Customers and Markets
The company's customers include trade customers, such as drug wholesalers, specialty pharmacies, and chain drug stores, and its marketing partners. Its sales and marketing organization operates solely in the U. S., and is specifically focused on a select group of reproductive endocrinologists and obstetricians and gynecologists. It also markets STRIANT to general endocrinologists, urologists, and a select number of primary care physicians.
CRINONE/PROCHIEVE, a natural progesterone product, competes in markets with other progestins, both synthetic and natural, that may be delivered by pharmacy-compounded injections, by pharmacy-compounded vaginal suppositories, with Prometrium (oral micronized progesterone) marketed by Solvay Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Solvay), and Endometrin (progesterone vaginal insert) marketed by Ferring Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Ferring).
STRIANT competes against other testosterone products that can be delivered by injection, transdermal patch and transdermal gel, including AndroGel (testosterone gel) marketed by Solvay, Testim (testosterone gel) marketed by Auxilium Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Auxilium), and Androderm (testosterone transdermal system) marketed by Watson Pharma, Inc.
Columbia Laboratories, Inc. was founded in 1986.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. COLUMBIA LABORATORIES INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. COLUMBIA LABORATORIES INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. COLUMBIA LABORATORIES INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. COLUMBIA LABORATORIES INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. COLUMBIA LABORATORIES INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Columbia Laboratories Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Columbia Laboratories Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Columbia Laboratories Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Columbia Laboratories Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Columbia Laboratories Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. COLUMBIA LABORATORIES INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. COLUMBIA LABORATORIES INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. COLUMBIA LABORATORIES INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. COLUMBIA LABORATORIES INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. COLUMBIA LABORATORIES INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. COLUMBIA LABORATORIES INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Columbia Laboratories Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Columbia Laboratories Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Columbia Laboratories Inc. Major Shareholders
Columbia Laboratories Inc. History
Columbia Laboratories Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Columbia Laboratories Inc. Offices and Representations
Columbia Laboratories Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Columbia Laboratories Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Columbia Laboratories Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Columbia Laboratories Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
Columbia Laboratories Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Columbia Laboratories Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Columbia Laboratories Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Columbia Laboratories Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Columbia Laboratories Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Columbia Laboratories Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Columbia Laboratories Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Columbia Laboratories Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?