- The report contains detailed information about Cleveland BioLabs, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Cleveland BioLabs, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Cleveland BioLabs, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Cleveland BioLabs, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Cleveland BioLabs, Inc. business.
About Cleveland BioLabs, Inc.
Cleveland BioLabs, Inc., a biotechnology company, focuses on developing biodefense, tissue protection and cancer treatment drugs based on the concept of modulation of cell death for therapeutic benefit.
PRODUCTS IN DEVELOPMENT
The companys pipeline includes products from two primary families of compounds, protectans and curaxins.
The company is developing protectans as drug candidates that protect healthy tissues from acute stresses, such as radiation, chemotherapy, and ischemia (pathologies that develop as a result of blocking blood flow to a part of the body).
Protectan CBLB502: Protectan CBLB502 is its radioprotectant molecule in the protectans series. Protectan CBLB502 represents a rationally designed derivative of the microbial protein, flagellin. Flagellin is secreted by Salmonella typhimurium and other Gram-negative bacteria, and in nature, arranges itself in a hollow cylinder to form the filament in bacterial flagellum and acts as a natural activator of NF-kB (nuclear factor-kappa B), a protein complex used by cells as a regulator of genes that control cell proliferation and cell survival. Protectan CBLB502 reduces injury from acute stresses by mobilizing various natural cell protective mechanisms, including inhibition of apoptosis, reduction of oxidative damage, and induction of factors (cytokines) that induce protection and regeneration of stem cells in bone marrow and the intestines. The company has established a relationship with SynCo Bio Partners B.V., a biopharmaceutical manufacturer, to produce Protectan CBLB502.
Protectan CBLB502 is a single agent anti-radiation therapy with significant survival benefits at a single dose. Potential applications for Protectan CBLB502 include reduction of radiation therapy or chemotherapy toxicities in cancer patients, protection from acute radiation syndrome (ARS) in defense scenarios, and protection from acute organ failure. Protectan CBLB502 is administered through intramuscular injection.
Protectan CBLB612: Protectan CBLB612 is a modified lipopeptide mycoplasma that acts as a stimulator and mobilizer of hematopoietic (bone marrow/blood production) stem cells (HSC) to peripheral blood. Potential applications for Protectan CBLB612 include accelerated hematopoietic recovery during chemotherapy and during donor preparation for bone marrow transplantation. In September 2009, the company executed a license agreement granting Zhejiang Hisun Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd. (Hisun), a pharmaceutical manufacturer in the People's Republic of China rights to develop and commercialize Protectan CBLB612 in China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Macau.
The company is developing Curaxins as anticancer agents that could act as mono-therapy drugs or in combination with other existing anticancer therapies. Curaxins are small molecules that are intended to destroy tumor cells by simultaneously targeting two regulators of apoptosis. The companys initial test results indicate that curaxins may be used against various malignancies, including renal cell carcinoma (RCC), soft-tissue sarcoma, and hormone-refractory prostate cancer. In December 2009, the company entered into a joint venture, Incuron, with Bioprocess Capital Ventures (BCV), a Russian Federation venture capital fund, to develop its curaxin compounds for cancer applications.
Curaxin CBLC102: A curaxin from the 9-aminoacridine group is an anti-infective compound known as quinacrine, which the company refers to as Curaxin CBLC102. It is used to treat malaria, osteoarthritis and autoimmune disorders. For CBLC102, the company has contracted with Regis Technologies, Inc. to manufacture required amounts for clinical trials.
Other Curaxins: The company has developed CBLC137, which is a drug candidate with proprietary composition of matter intellectual property protection. CBLC137 has demonstrated anti-tumor effects in animal models of colon, breast, renal and prostate cancers. CBLC137 has pharmacological characteristics that are suitable for oral administration and demonstrates a lack of genotoxicity. Further development of CBLC137 would continue through the Incuron joint venture.
Collaborative Research Agreements
Cleveland Clinic Foundation: The company has a collaboration agreement with Cleveland Clinic Foundation to use Cleveland Clinics research base underlying the companys therapeutic platform.
Roswell Park Cancer Institute: The company has entered into a strategic research partnership with Roswell Park Cancer Institute (RPCI) to develop its cancer and radioprotectant drug candidates.
ChemBridge Corporation: The company has a strategic partnership with ChemBridge Corporation, which operates in the combinatorial chemistry and manufactures chemical libraries. Pursuant to the agreement, it has access to a chemical library of 214,000 compounds.
The companys competitors include RxBio, Inc.; Exponential Biotherapies Inc.; Osiris Therapeutics, Inc.; ImmuneRegen BioSciences, Inc.; Neumedicines, Inc.; Cellerant Therapeutics; Onconova Therapeutics, Inc.; Araim Pharmaceuticals, Inc.; EVA Pharmaceuticals; Terapio, Aeolus Pharmaceuticals; Cangene Corporation; and Humanetics Corporation.
Cleveland BioLabs, Inc. was founded in 2003.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. CLEVELAND BIOLABS, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. CLEVELAND BIOLABS, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. CLEVELAND BIOLABS, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. CLEVELAND BIOLABS, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. CLEVELAND BIOLABS, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Cleveland BioLabs, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Cleveland BioLabs, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Cleveland BioLabs, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Cleveland BioLabs, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Cleveland BioLabs, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. CLEVELAND BIOLABS, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. CLEVELAND BIOLABS, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. CLEVELAND BIOLABS, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. CLEVELAND BIOLABS, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. CLEVELAND BIOLABS, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. CLEVELAND BIOLABS, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Cleveland BioLabs, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Cleveland BioLabs, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Cleveland BioLabs, Inc. Major Shareholders
Cleveland BioLabs, Inc. History
Cleveland BioLabs, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Cleveland BioLabs, Inc. Offices and Representations
Cleveland BioLabs, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Cleveland BioLabs, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Cleveland BioLabs, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Cleveland BioLabs, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
Cleveland BioLabs, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Cleveland BioLabs, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Cleveland BioLabs, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Cleveland BioLabs, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Cleveland BioLabs, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Cleveland BioLabs, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Cleveland BioLabs, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Cleveland BioLabs, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?