- The report contains detailed information about Opko Health, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Opko Health, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Opko Health, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Opko Health, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Opko Health, Inc. business.
About Opko Health, Inc.
Opko Health, Inc., a specialty healthcare company, focuses on the discovery, development, and commercialization of proprietary pharmaceutical products, vaccines, diagnostic technologies, and imaging systems. The companys business consists of the development of a range of pharmaceutical products and diagnostic tests, and the development, commercialization, and sale of ophthalmic diagnostic and imaging systems and instrumentation products, as well as the sale of pharmaceutical products, over-the-counter products and medical devices to government, private and institutional markets in Chile and Mexico.
The company manages its operations in two reportable segments, Pharmaceutical and Instrumentation.
The Pharmaceutical segment consists of two operating segments, its pharmaceutical research and development segment which is focused on the research and development of pharmaceutical products, diagnostic tests, and vaccines; and the pharmaceutical operations the company acquired in Chile through the acquisition of Pharma Genexx, S.A. (Pharma Genexx), which engages in the marketing, sale, and distribution of pharmaceutical products, devices, and over-the-counter products for government, private, and institutional markets in Chile.
The Instrumentation segment consists of ophthalmic instrumentation devices and the activities related to the research, development, manufacture, and commercialization of those products.
Product Candidates and Related Markets
Rolapitant: The companys primary product candidate, rolapitant, a potent and selective competitive antagonist of the NK-1 receptor, has completed Phase II clinical testing for prevention of chemotherapy induced nausea and vomiting and post-operative induced nausea and vomiting. The company intends to pursue final development and commercialization of rolapitant for both indications. NK-1 receptors are concentrated in the brain and are also found in other tissues of the body. A Phase I clinical testing has also been completed for a second compound in the same class, which is being considered for further development in other indications.
In June 2009, the company acquired worldwide rights to a new platform technology for the identification of molecules that can be useful as vaccines and new drugs, and to create new diagnostic tests. The first diagnostic product the company is pursuing utilizing this technology is a blood test for Alzheimers Disease. The test is designed to detect elevated levels of antibodies.
SiRNA Product Candidates: The company has invested resources to address ophthalmic disease in various markets by employing a progressing technology, known as RNAi, to develop pharmaceutical product candidates. Bevasiranib, a drug candidate in development for the treatment of Wet AMD, is a siRNA drug designed to silence the genes that cause vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF). The company is continuing to evaluate the clinical data in an effort to determine appropriate next steps regarding the development of bevasiranib. The company intends to continue development of its other siRNA product candidates targeting VEGF. It is using its knowledge in ophthalmology and RNAi technology in the development of its next generation of anti-VEGFA siRNA molecules, including without limitation, OPK-HVB-004 and OPK-HVB-010, which are designed to inhibit the angiogenic isoform VEGF165 but spare the anti-angiogenic isoform VEGF165b.
The company also has a worldwide license to commercialize ACU-HHY-011, which is a siRNA targeting HIF-1a. HIF-1a is upstream of the target for bevasiranib and preclinical data suggests that targeting HIF-1a may have advantages over other approaches to treating Wet AMD. The company has a worldwide license to commercialize siRNAs targeting transforming growth factor-b receptor Type II (TbRII), which is a mediator of wound healing and has been shown to play a significant causative role in ocular inflammation and scarring. In addition to bevasiranib and its other siRNA molecules, including and its next generation siRNA molecules, the company is develo
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. OPKO HEALTH, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. OPKO HEALTH, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. OPKO HEALTH, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. OPKO HEALTH, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. OPKO HEALTH, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Opko Health, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Opko Health, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Opko Health, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Opko Health, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Opko Health, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. OPKO HEALTH, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. OPKO HEALTH, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. OPKO HEALTH, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. OPKO HEALTH, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. OPKO HEALTH, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. OPKO HEALTH, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Opko Health, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Opko Health, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Opko Health, Inc. Major Shareholders
Opko Health, Inc. History
Opko Health, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Opko Health, Inc. Offices and Representations
Opko Health, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Opko Health, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Opko Health, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Opko Health, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
Opko Health, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Opko Health, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Opko Health, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Opko Health, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Opko Health, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Opko Health, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Opko Health, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Opko Health, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?