- The report contains detailed information about Protein Polymer Technologies Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Protein Polymer Technologies Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Protein Polymer Technologies Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Protein Polymer Technologies Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Protein Polymer Technologies Inc. business.
About Protein Polymer Technologies Inc.
Protein Polymer Technologies, Inc., a biotechnology company, engages in the research, development, and production of bio-active devices to improve medical and surgical outcomes. Through its patented technology to produce proteins of unique design, biological, and physical product components are integrated to provide for optimized clinical performance.
The products that the company has targeted for development are based on a generation of biomaterials which have been designed to be recognized and accepted by human cells to aid in the natural process of bodily repair, (including the healing of tissue and the restoration or augmentation of its form and function) and to promote the regeneration of tissues.
The company, through its proprietary technology, produces high molecular weight polymers that could be processed into various material forms, such as gels, sponges, films, and fibers, with their physical strength and rate of resorption tailored to each potential product application. These polymers are constructed of the same amino acids as natural proteins found in the body.
Fundamental Protein Polymers
The companys primary products under development are based on protein polymers combining selected properties from two of the structural proteins found in nature: silk and elastin. The company also has created protein polymers based on repeating blocks of amino acids found in two other classes of structural proteins found in nature: collagen and keratin. The company focuses internally on developing protein polymers that are useful in products for: tissue augmentation, tissue adhesives and sealants, and drug delivery devices.
The companys internal product development efforts are targeted toward various markets based on a common biomaterials platform. These include: injectable disc nucleus for the treatment of injured or degenerated spinal discs, strong and fast-setting, resorbable surgical sealants for use in general and cardiovascular procedures following primary wound closure, adhesion barriers, and scaffolds for wound healing and tissue engineering. Other markets of interest include those for drug delivery devices.
Product Candidates and Markets
The companys protein polymer technology and materials have the potential to create products useful in various medical markets.
Surgical Tissue Sealants (STS): The company has developed surgical adhesives and sealants that are for the surgeon to use, and that combine the biocompatibility of fibrin glues (without the risks associated with use of blood-derived products) with the fast setting times of cyanoacrylates. A non-resorbable adhesive or sealant could only be used where the damaged tissues are not going to grow together. The company has demonstrated both the adhesive performance and the biocompatibility of its product formulations in preclinical studies, including resorption of the adhesive matrix in conjunction with the progression of wound healing.
Wound Healing & Tissue Regeneration: The market for wound care products is segmented, involving various different approaches to wound care. Products marketed and being developed by other parties includes fabric dressings (such as gauze), synthetic materials (such as polyurethane films), and biological materials (such as growth factors and living tissue skin graft substitutes).
The company has developed protein polymers that might be useful in the treatment of dermal wounds, particularly chronic wounds, such as decubitous ulcers, where both reconstruction of the extracellular matrix (ECM) and re-establishment of its function are desired. These polymers, based on key ECM protein sequence blocks, are biocompatible, fully resorbable and have been processed into gels, sponges, films, and fibrous sheets. Additionally, such materials might serve as scaffolds for the ex vivo production of living tissue substitutes.
Urethral Bulking Agent (UBA) - Polymer 47K: UBA relieves female stress incontinence by injecting liquid that rapidly changes to long-lasting solid bulk to the tissue surrounding the urethra. The companys UBA injection procedure, an alternative to surgery, most often requires only one treatment. The UBA gel is resistant to migration. A human clinical feasibility study has been completed.
Collaborative and License Agreements
Spine Wave, Inc.: The company is a technology partner with Spine Wave, Inc. (Spine Wave). The company used its patented tissue adhesive technology to create Spine Waves NuCore intervertebral disc repair material. It manufactured the NuCore material for Spine Waves clinical trials. Spine Waves NuCore Injectable Nucleus device, based on its patented tissue adhesive technology, is an injectable protein polymer formulation for repair of spinal discs damaged as a result of injury or aging. Spine Wave has enrolled patients in Degenerative Disc Disease and microdiscectomy studies of the NuCore Injectable Nucleus device in four countries: Switzerland, Australia, Germany and the United States.
Genencor International, Inc.: The company, in December 2000, signed a broad-based, worldwide exclusive license agreement with Genencor International, Inc. (Genencor) enabling Genencor, potentially, to develop various new products for industrial markets. In October 2002, the license agreement was amended to provide Genencor with an additional one-year option to initiate development in the field of non-medical personal care products. In March 2005, the license was amended to incorporate the field of personal care products into the license. As a result of the agreements, Genencor might use its patented protein polymer design and production technology.
The company competes with DuPont and BioElastics Research, Ltd.
Protein Polymer Technologies, Inc. was founded in 1988.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. PROTEIN POLYMER TECHNOLOGIES INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. PROTEIN POLYMER TECHNOLOGIES INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. PROTEIN POLYMER TECHNOLOGIES INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. PROTEIN POLYMER TECHNOLOGIES INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. PROTEIN POLYMER TECHNOLOGIES INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Protein Polymer Technologies Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Protein Polymer Technologies Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Protein Polymer Technologies Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Protein Polymer Technologies Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Protein Polymer Technologies Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. PROTEIN POLYMER TECHNOLOGIES INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. PROTEIN POLYMER TECHNOLOGIES INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. PROTEIN POLYMER TECHNOLOGIES INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. PROTEIN POLYMER TECHNOLOGIES INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. PROTEIN POLYMER TECHNOLOGIES INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. PROTEIN POLYMER TECHNOLOGIES INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Protein Polymer Technologies Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Protein Polymer Technologies Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Protein Polymer Technologies Inc. Major Shareholders
Protein Polymer Technologies Inc. History
Protein Polymer Technologies Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Protein Polymer Technologies Inc. Offices and Representations
Protein Polymer Technologies Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Protein Polymer Technologies Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Protein Polymer Technologies Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Protein Polymer Technologies Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
Protein Polymer Technologies Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Protein Polymer Technologies Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Protein Polymer Technologies Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Protein Polymer Technologies Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Protein Polymer Technologies Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Protein Polymer Technologies Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Protein Polymer Technologies Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Protein Polymer Technologies Inc. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?