- The report contains detailed information about Amylin Pharmaceuticals, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Amylin Pharmaceuticals, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Amylin Pharmaceuticals, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Amylin Pharmaceuticals, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Amylin Pharmaceuticals, Inc. business.
About Amylin Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Amylin Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, engages in the discovery, development, and commercialization of medicines for diabetes, obesity, and other diseases.
The company is marketing two medicines to treat diabetes, BYETTA (exenatide) injection and SYMLIN (pramlintide acetate) injection.
BYETTA (exenatide) injection: BYETTA is an approved medicine in a new class of compounds called incretin mimetics (GLP-1) receptor agonists. It is approved as an add-on therapy to improve glycemic control in patients with type 2 diabetes who have not achieved adequate glycemic control and who are taking metformin and/or a sulfonylurea, two common oral therapies for type 2 diabetes. BYETTA is also approved as an add-on therapy to improve glycemic control in people with type 2 diabetes who have not achieved adequate glycemic control by using a thiazolidinediene (TZD). In October 2009, the FDA approved an expanded indication for BYETTA as a first-line, stand-alone medication (monotherapy) along with diet and exercise to improve glycemic control in adults with type 2 diabetes. BYETTA provides glucose control by augmenting the body's natural physiologic processes, allowing the body to respond to blood glucose changes as they occur.
SYMLIN (pramlintide acetate) injection: SYMLIN is an approved medicine in a new class of compounds called amylinomimetics. The company sells SYMLIN in the United States as adjunctive therapy to mealtime insulin to treat diabetes. Other than insulin and insulin analogues, SYMLIN is the approved medication addressing glucose control for patients with type 1 diabetes. SYMLIN is indicated for use in people treated with insulin alone or, in the case of patients with type 2 diabetes, treated with insulin with or without one or more oral medications to help improve blood glucose control.
The company sells BYETTA and SYMLIN to wholesale distributors who in turn sell to retail pharmacies and government entities.
Product Pipeline Programs
The company has late-stage and early-stage development programs in the therapeutic areas of diabetes and obesity.
Exenatide Once Weekly: Exenatide once weekly is the companys late stage development program in diabetes. Exenatide is the active ingredient in BYETTA and is combined with proprietary technology developed by the company and its partner, Alkermes, Inc. (Alkermes), to provide a release delivery of exenatide. The combination of potency and the glucose-dependent mechanism of action inherent in exenatide makes it suited to development of a once weekly formulation. The company has an agreement with Alkermes to assist the company in the development, manufacture, and commercialization of exenatide once weekly and this program is included in its collaboration agreement with Eli Lilly and Company (Lilly). The company is working with Lilly and Alkermes to develop exenatide once weekly.
Integrated Neurohormonal Therapy for Obesity (INTO): In October 2009, the company entered into a worldwide license, development, and commercialization agreement with Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited (Takeda) to co-develop and commercialize pharmaceutical products for the treatment of obesity and related indications. The agreement includes products to be developed from its pipeline, including pramlintide/metreleptin combination therapy, which is a compound in phase 2 for the treatment of obesity. The agreement also includes additional compounds from its and Takeda's obesity research programs.
Pramlintide: Pramlintide has been studied in people with and without diabetes and is the active ingredient in SYMLIN.
Metreleptin: Metreleptin is the second compound the company is studying in connection with its INTO program. Metreleptin is the recombinant form of human leptin, a naturally occurring protein hormone secreted by fat cells.
PYY 3-36: Y-family agonists (such as PYY 3-36) are a third compound the company is studying in connection with its INTO program. The company is developing second generation Y-family mimetics that can be potent and efficacious as drug candidates, but have been utilizing the native form of P
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. AMYLIN PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. AMYLIN PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. AMYLIN PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. AMYLIN PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. AMYLIN PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Amylin Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Amylin Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Amylin Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Amylin Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Amylin Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. AMYLIN PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. AMYLIN PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. AMYLIN PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. AMYLIN PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. AMYLIN PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. AMYLIN PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Amylin Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Amylin Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Amylin Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Major Shareholders
Amylin Pharmaceuticals, Inc. History
Amylin Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Amylin Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Offices and Representations
Amylin Pharmaceuticals, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Amylin Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Amylin Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Amylin Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
Amylin Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Amylin Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Amylin Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Amylin Pharmaceuticals, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Amylin Pharmaceuticals, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Amylin Pharmaceuticals, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Amylin Pharmaceuticals, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Amylin Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?