- The report contains detailed information about 3SBio Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for 3SBio Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The 3SBio Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes 3SBio Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of 3SBio Inc. business.
About 3SBio Inc.
3SBio Inc., a biotechnology company, focuses on researching, developing, manufacturing, and marketing of biopharmaceutical products primarily in China. The companys recombinant, or genetically engineered, protein-based products and product candidates are designed to address markets with significant unmet medical needs in nephrology, oncology, supportive cancer care, inflammation, and infectious diseases.
The companys principal products are EPIAO and TPIAO. In addition, the company has two legacy products, Intefen and Inleusin; and an in-licensed product, Iron Sucrose Supplement.
Principal Marketed Products
EPIAO is an injectable recombinant human erythropoietin (EPO), which is used to stimulate the production of red blood cells in patients with anemia and to reduce the need for blood transfusions. EPIAO is a protein-based therapeutic. EPIAO is approved by the State Food and Drug Administration (SFDA) for three distinct indications: anemia associated with chronic renal failure; red blood cell mobilization, which is the process in which red blood cells are stimulated to proliferate, before, during, and after surgery; and anemia associated with chemotherapy in cancer patients with non-myeloid malignancies, which are cancers that do not originate in the bone marrow or involve myeloid cells, or non-lymphocyte white blood cells found in the bone marrow. In February 2010, the company has submitted the application to SFDA for a Phase I clinical trial for NuPIAO, its second-generation EPIAO product candidate. NuPIAO is designed to have a longer half-life relative to its first-generation EPIAO.
The company offers TPIAO, its internally developed protein-based therapeutic product. This product is a recombinant human thrombopoietin (TPO) for the treatment of chemotherapy-induced thrombocytopenia, a deficiency of platelets. TPIAO is a protein-based therapeutic approved for thrombocytopenia in China. With respect to TPIAO for the treatment of idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP) an immune system disorder in which the body perceives platelets as foreign and destroys them, the company has completed the clinical trial and filed for SFDA approval.
Intefen: Intefen is its recombinant interferon alpha-2a product. Intefen is indicated for the treatment of carcinomas of the lymphatic or hematopoietic system, such as lymphoma and leukemia, and viral infectious diseases, such as hepatitis C. The company has launched Intefen in the Chinese market.
Inleusin: Inleusin is its recombinant human interleukin-2 (IL-2) product. Inleusin is indicated for the treatment of renal cell carcinoma, the most common form of kidney cancer, metastatic melanoma, a type of skin cancer, and thoratic fluid build-up caused by cancer and tuberculosis. Inleusin is designed to stimulate the immune system to fight cancer and infectious diseases. The company has launched Inleusin in the Chinese market.
Iron Sucrose Supplement: Iron Sucrose Supplement, an intravenously administered prescription drug that is designed to treat anemia associated with iron deficiency, is indicated for patients with end-stage renal disease requiring iron replacement therapy. The company has in-licensed this product from Shenyang Borui Pharmaceutical Company Limited (Borui).
Ferumoxytol: The company entered into a development and commercialization agreement with AMAG Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (AMAG) for ferumoxytol, an intravenous iron replacement therapeutic agent being developed to treat iron deficiency anemia in chronic kidney disease (CKD) patients and in patients requiring hemodialysis. Ferumoxytol was approved in 2009 to treat iron deficiency anemia in CKD patients, and launched commercially in the U.S. by AMAG in 2009. In January 2010, the company has submitted the application for a registrational clinical trial to SFDA for Ferumoxytol.
Nephoxil (ferric citrate): The company entered a collaboration and license agreement with Panacor Bioscience Ltd., a Taiwan-based company (Panacor) in February 2010, to develop and commercialize Nephoxil for the treatment of hyperphosphatemia in China. Nephox
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. 3SBIO INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. 3SBIO INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. 3SBIO INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. 3SBIO INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. 3SBIO INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. 3SBio Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of 3SBio Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of 3SBio Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. 3SBio Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. 3SBio Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. 3SBIO INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. 3SBIO INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. 3SBIO INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CHINA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. 3SBIO INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. 3SBIO INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. 3SBIO INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
3SBio Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
3SBio Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
3SBio Inc. Major Shareholders
3SBio Inc. History
3SBio Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
3SBio Inc. Offices and Representations
3SBio Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
3SBio Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
3SBio Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
3SBio Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
3SBio Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
3SBio Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
3SBio Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
3SBio Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
3SBio Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
3SBio Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
3SBio Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
3SBio Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?