- The report contains detailed information about AMAG Pharmaceuticals, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for AMAG Pharmaceuticals, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The AMAG Pharmaceuticals, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes AMAG Pharmaceuticals, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of AMAG Pharmaceuticals, Inc. business.
About AMAG Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
AMAG Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, engages in the development and commercialization of a therapeutic iron compound to iron deficiency anemia and imaging agents to aid in the diagnosis of cancer and cardiovascular disease. The company manufactures and sells two approved products, Feraheme (ferumoxytol) Injection for intravenous, or IV, use and GastroMARK.
Feraheme as an IV Iron Replacement Therapeutic
In 2009, Feraheme was approved for marketing in the U.S. by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for use as an IV iron replacement therapy for the treatment of IDA in adult patients with chronic kidney disease (CKD). In 2009, the company began to market and sell Feraheme in both the dialysis and non-dialysis CKD markets, including to nephrologists, hematologists, dialysis organizations, hospitals and other end-users who treat patients with CKD.
Ferumoxytol as a Diagnostic Agent for Vascular Enhancement in MRI
MRI is a non-invasive method used to visualize normal or abnormal anatomy or pathophysiology in patients to diagnose disease and injury. Ferumoxytol is in development as an agent for vascular-enhanced MRI. PAD is a manifestation of atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease and can occur when plaque builds up on the inside wall of the arteries that carry blood from the heart to the head, internal organs and limbs causing the arteries to narrow, which can reduce or block blood flow. Ferumoxytol is an iron-based agent with superparamagnetic properties that may be visualized by MRI. The company has world-wide rights to market and sell ferumoxytol as an imaging agent.
The company initially licensed the marketing rights to GastroMARK on an exclusive basis to Guerbet S.A., or Guerbet, in western Europe and Brazil.
The company has a supply and distribution agreement with Guerbet granting Guerbet an exclusive right to manufacture and sell GastroMARK in western Europe and Brazil (under the tradename Lumirem). This agreement was amended to expand Guerbet's exclusive rights to manufacture and sell GastroMARK in various other areas, including South America, the Middle East, southeast Asia, and eastern Europe.
Licensing, Marketing and Supply Arrangements
3SBio Inc.: The company has a Collaboration and Exclusive License Agreement, or the 3SBio License Agreement, and a Supply Agreement, or the 3SBio Supply Agreement, with 3SBio with respect to the development and commercialization of Feraheme as an IV iron replacement therapeutic agent in China. The 3SBio License Agreement grants 3SBio a license for an initial term of thirteen years to develops and commercializes Feraheme as a therapeutic agent in China for an initial indication for the treatment of IDA in patients with CKD, and an option to expand into additional therapeutic indication
Covidien: The company has a manufacturing and distribution agreement with Covidien's predecessor granting it a product license and co-marketing rights to GastroMARK in the U.S., Canada and Mexico. Covidien has rights to GastroMARK in the U.S. only.
In April 2010, AMAG Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and Takeda Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd. have jointly announced that the companies have entered into a license, development and commercialization agreement related to Feraheme (ferumoxytol) Injection for intravenous (IV) use in all therapeutic indications.
The companys customers include AmerisourceBergen Drug Corporation, Metro Medical Supply, Inc., Bayer Healthcare Pharmaceuticals, Guerbet S.A., and Covidien, Ltd.
The companys competitors include Fresenius Medical Care North America, American Regent Laboratories, Inc., a subsidiary of Luitpold Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Sanofi-Aventis U.S. LLC, Watson Pharmaceuticals, Inc., DaVita, Inc., Pharmacosmos A/S, and Rockwell Medical.
AMAG Pharmaceuticals, Inc. was founded in 1981.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. AMAG PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. AMAG PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. AMAG PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. AMAG PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. AMAG PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. AMAG Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of AMAG Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of AMAG Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. AMAG Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. AMAG Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. AMAG PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. AMAG PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. AMAG PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. AMAG PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. AMAG PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. AMAG PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
AMAG Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
AMAG Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
AMAG Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Major Shareholders
AMAG Pharmaceuticals, Inc. History
AMAG Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
AMAG Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Offices and Representations
AMAG Pharmaceuticals, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
AMAG Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
AMAG Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
AMAG Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
AMAG Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
AMAG Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
AMAG Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
AMAG Pharmaceuticals, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
AMAG Pharmaceuticals, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
AMAG Pharmaceuticals, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
AMAG Pharmaceuticals, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
AMAG Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?