- The report contains detailed information about National Western Life Insurance Company that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for National Western Life Insurance Company. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The National Western Life Insurance Company financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes National Western Life Insurance Company competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of National Western Life Insurance Company business.
About National Western Life Insurance Company
National Western Life Insurance Company provides life insurance products for the savings and protection needs of policy holders, and for the asset accumulation and retirement needs of annuity contract holders.
The company serves in 49 states, the District of Columbia, and 4 United States territories or possessions. It is also licensed in Haiti, and accepts applications from and issues policies to residents of various countries in Central and South America, the Caribbean, the Pacific Rim, Eastern Europe, and Asia.
The company offers a portfolio of individual whole life, universal life and term insurance plans, and annuities, including supplementary riders.
Life Products: The company's life products provide protection for the life of the insured and allow for cash value accumulation on a tax-deferred basis. These product offerings include universal life insurance (UL), interest-sensitive whole life, and traditional products, such as term insurance coverage. These products offer both flexible and fixed premium modes and provide policyholders with flexibility in the available coverage, the timing and amount of premium payments and the amount of the death benefit.
Annuity Products: Annuity products sold include flexible premium and single premium deferred annuities, fixed indexed annuities, and single premium immediate annuities. These products can be tax qualified or nonqualified annuities. A fixed single premium deferred annuity (SPDA) provides for a single premium payment at the time of issue, an accumulation period, and an annuity payout period commencing at future date. A flexible premium deferred annuity (FPDA) provides the same features but allows, generally with conditions, additional payments into the contract. A single premium immediate annuity (SPIA) foregoes the accumulation period and immediately commences an annuity payout period.
The company operates in two segments, Domestic Insurance Operations and International Insurance Operations.
Domestic Insurance Operations
The company is licensed to do business in various states and the District of Columbia, except for New York. Products marketed are annuities, universal life insurance, and traditional life insurance, which include both term and whole life products. The majority of domestic sales are the company's annuities. It markets and distributes its domestic products primarily through independent national marketing organizations (NMO). These NMOs assist the company in recruiting, contracting, and managing independent agents. The company's agents are independent contractors who are compensated on a commission basis. As of December 31, 2009, the company's NMO relationships had contracted approximately 7,300 independent agents with it.
International Insurance Operations
The companys international operations focus on foreign nationals in upper socioeconomic classes. Insurance products are issued primarily to residents of countries in Central and South America, the Caribbean, the Pacific Rim, Eastern Europe, and Asia. Products issued to international residents are universal life and traditional life insurance products. Certain annuity and investment contracts are also offered. As of December 31, 2009, the company had 72,000 international life insurance policies in force. International applications are submitted by independent contractors, consultants and broker-agents. The company had relationships with approximately 4,000 independent international individuals as of December 31, 2009.
The companys competitors in its international markets include Pan-American Life Insurance, American Fidelity Life Insurance, Manhattan Life Insurance Company, and Best Meridian Insurance. Its domestic market competitors include American Equity Investment Life, Sammons Financial Group (Midland, NACOLAH), AVIVA, Allstate (Lincoln Benefit), Lincoln National Life, Equitrust Life Insurance Company, and Old Mutual Financial Network (F&G).
National Western Life Insurance Company was founded in 1956.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. NATIONAL WESTERN LIFE INSURANCE COMPANY COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. NATIONAL WESTERN LIFE INSURANCE COMPANY BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. NATIONAL WESTERN LIFE INSURANCE COMPANY SWOT ANALYSIS
4. NATIONAL WESTERN LIFE INSURANCE COMPANY FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. NATIONAL WESTERN LIFE INSURANCE COMPANY COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. National Western Life Insurance Company Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of National Western Life Insurance Company and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of National Western Life Insurance Company and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. National Western Life Insurance Company Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Insurance Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. National Western Life Insurance Company Industry Position Analysis
6. NATIONAL WESTERN LIFE INSURANCE COMPANY NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. NATIONAL WESTERN LIFE INSURANCE COMPANY EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. NATIONAL WESTERN LIFE INSURANCE COMPANY ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. NATIONAL WESTERN LIFE INSURANCE COMPANY IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. NATIONAL WESTERN LIFE INSURANCE COMPANY PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. NATIONAL WESTERN LIFE INSURANCE COMPANY VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
National Western Life Insurance Company Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
National Western Life Insurance Company Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
National Western Life Insurance Company Major Shareholders
National Western Life Insurance Company History
National Western Life Insurance Company Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
National Western Life Insurance Company Offices and Representations
National Western Life Insurance Company SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
National Western Life Insurance Company Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
National Western Life Insurance Company Capital Market Snapshot
National Western Life Insurance Company Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Insurance Industry Statistics
National Western Life Insurance Company Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
National Western Life Insurance Company Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
National Western Life Insurance Company Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
National Western Life Insurance Company 1-year Stock Charts
National Western Life Insurance Company 5-year Stock Charts
National Western Life Insurance Company vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
National Western Life Insurance Company vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
National Western Life Insurance Company Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?