- The report contains detailed information about Phoenix Companies Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Phoenix Companies Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Phoenix Companies Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Phoenix Companies Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Phoenix Companies Inc. business.
About Phoenix Companies Inc.
The Phoenix Companies, Inc. provides life insurance and annuity products through third-party distributors, supported by wholesalers and financial planning specialists.
The companys life insurance product line is focused on permanent life insurance (whole life, universal life and variable universal life) insuring one or more lives. Its annuity products include deferred and immediate, fixed and variable annuities with various death benefit and guaranteed living benefit options.
The companys principal operating subsidiaries are Phoenix Life Insurance Company and PHL Variable Insurance Company.
The companys life insurance products include universal life, variable universal life, term life and other insurance products. It offers single life, first-to-die and second-to-die products. Under first-to-die policies, up to five lives might be insured with the policy proceeds paid after the death of the first of the five insured lives. Second-to-die products are used for estate planning purposes and insure two lives, with the policy proceeds paid after the death of both insured individuals.
Universal Life: Universal life products provide insurance coverage and might allow the policyholder to increase or decrease the amount of death benefit coverage over the term of the policy. The company also offers an indexed universal life product that provides death benefit protection and the opportunity to invest policy value in any combination of three different accounts.
Variable Universal Life: Variable universal life products provide insurance coverage and might allow the policyholder to increase or decrease the amount of death benefit coverage over the term of the policy.
The company offers a range of annuity products, including fixed, variable, and other types of annuities in both deferred and immediate varieties. Deferred annuities accumulate for a number of years before periodic payments begin and enable the contract owner to save for retirement and provide options that protect against outliving assets during retirement.
Fixed Annuities: Fixed annuities provide a guaranteed rate of return over a specified period of time. The company offers deferred fixed indexed annuities, a deferred fixed annuity and an immediate fixed annuity.
The companys single-premium deferred modified guaranteed fixed annuity meets the needs of clients who want a guaranteed rate of return over a specified period. The fixed annuity offers various interest rate guarantee periods. Its single premium immediate fixed annuity provides a guaranteed income stream for a specified period of time and/or over the lifetime of the annuitant.
Variable Annuities: Deferred variable annuities allow contract owners to direct deposits into various separate investment accounts (accounts that are maintained separately from the other assets of the Life Companies) or into the general accounts of the Life Companies. The company collects fees for the management of these various investment accounts and assesses charges against these accounts for the administrative services it provides.
The companys variable annuities include a guaranteed minimum death benefit (GMDB). Variable annuity contract owners may also elect certain living benefit guarantees, including guaranteed minimum income benefits (GMIBs), guaranteed minimum withdrawal benefits (GMWBs) and guaranteed minimum accumulation benefits (GMABs).
Other Annuities: The company also offers a single-premium deferred equity indexed annuity and a single premium immediate fixed and variable annuity.
Other Products and Services
Through Goodwin Capital Advisers, Inc. (Goodwin), the company manages fixed income investments for third parties, including mutual funds, pension plans and endowments. It subadvise certain mutual funds for its former affiliate, Virtus Investment Partners, Inc. (Virtus).
Distribution and Support Services
The service and support the company provides include customized advice on estate planning, charitable giving planning and retirement planning, provided by a staff of professionals with specialized expertise in the application of life insurance; market research and education programs designed to help advisors understand, which financial products the affluent and market demands; and nationwide teams of life and annuity product specialists who provide education and sales support to distributors and who can act as part of the advisory team for case design and technical support. The company assists advisors in marketing to specific customer segments, such as senior corporate executives, business owners and households.
On October 5, 2010, Phoenix Companies Inc. announced a strategic alliance with The AltiSure Group. This collaboration would allow the two organizations to combine their expertise in developing annuity and life insurance products and bring these solutions to various consumers.
The Phoenix Companies, Inc. was founded in 1851.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. PHOENIX COMPANIES INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. PHOENIX COMPANIES INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. PHOENIX COMPANIES INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. PHOENIX COMPANIES INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. PHOENIX COMPANIES INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Phoenix Companies Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Phoenix Companies Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Phoenix Companies Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Phoenix Companies Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Insurance Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Phoenix Companies Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. PHOENIX COMPANIES INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. PHOENIX COMPANIES INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. PHOENIX COMPANIES INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. PHOENIX COMPANIES INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. PHOENIX COMPANIES INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. PHOENIX COMPANIES INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Phoenix Companies Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Phoenix Companies Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Phoenix Companies Inc. Major Shareholders
Phoenix Companies Inc. History
Phoenix Companies Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Phoenix Companies Inc. Offices and Representations
Phoenix Companies Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Phoenix Companies Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Phoenix Companies Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Phoenix Companies Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Insurance Industry Statistics
Phoenix Companies Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Phoenix Companies Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Phoenix Companies Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Phoenix Companies Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Phoenix Companies Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Phoenix Companies Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Phoenix Companies Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Phoenix Companies Inc. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?