- The report contains detailed information about Irish Life & Permanent Group Holdings plc that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Irish Life & Permanent Group Holdings plc. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Irish Life & Permanent Group Holdings plc financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Irish Life & Permanent Group Holdings plc competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Irish Life & Permanent Group Holdings plc business.
About Irish Life & Permanent Group Holdings plc
The Irish Life & Permanent group is a provider of personal financial services in the Irish market. The group was formed from the merger of Irish Life plc and Irish Permanent plc in 1999. The groups strategic focus is on Ireland and is a provider of personal financial services.
Irish Life is Irelands major life assurance company and engaged in the provision of life, pension and investment products. Its products and services are distributed through a wide range of channels including bank branches, independent intermediaries and brokers, the Irish Life sales force and directly to customers.
Permanent TSB, formed following the acquisition of TSB Bank in 2001, is the retail banking operation of the group and is the provider of residential mortgage finance in Ireland. It offers a full range of personal banking services in the Irish market through a multi-channel distribution network of branches, intermediaries, agencies, retail outlets and internet. The Group has over one million customers in Ireland.
The Company engages in two areas: life assurance activities, and banking and other activities. Its life assurance activities include risk protection, pension, savings, and investment products for both the individual and group markets in Ireland. The Companys banking and other activities include mortgage products; and savings and other banking products, including current accounts. Its products and services are distributed through various channels, including branch network, direct sales force, agencies, independent intermediaries, and direct access. The Company primarily operates in Ireland, United Kingdom and United States.
Irish Life (Corporate Business) develops life and pensions products for companies and group schemes including major schemes for employees in the public sector. Irish Life Investment Managers (ILIM) is one of Ireland's major fund management companies.
Merrill Lynch & Co., Inc. and Irish Life & Permanent plc have agreed to enter into a joint venture to create a new unit for specialist residential mortgage loans in the Republic of Ireland, which would be named Springboard Mortgages Limited. The newly created division would offer its products and services to selected third-party mortgage intermediaries.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. IRISH LIFE & PERMANENT GROUP HOLDINGS PLC COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. IRISH LIFE & PERMANENT GROUP HOLDINGS PLC BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. IRISH LIFE & PERMANENT GROUP HOLDINGS PLC SWOT ANALYSIS
4. IRISH LIFE & PERMANENT GROUP HOLDINGS PLC FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. IRISH LIFE & PERMANENT GROUP HOLDINGS PLC COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Irish Life & Permanent Group Holdings plc Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Irish Life & Permanent Group Holdings plc and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Irish Life & Permanent Group Holdings plc and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Irish Life & Permanent Group Holdings plc Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Insurance Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Irish Life & Permanent Group Holdings plc Industry Position Analysis
6. IRISH LIFE & PERMANENT GROUP HOLDINGS PLC NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. IRISH LIFE & PERMANENT GROUP HOLDINGS PLC EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. IRISH LIFE & PERMANENT GROUP HOLDINGS PLC ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. IRELAND PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. IRISH LIFE & PERMANENT GROUP HOLDINGS PLC IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. IRISH LIFE & PERMANENT GROUP HOLDINGS PLC PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. IRISH LIFE & PERMANENT GROUP HOLDINGS PLC VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Irish Life & Permanent Group Holdings plc Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Irish Life & Permanent Group Holdings plc Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Irish Life & Permanent Group Holdings plc Major Shareholders
Irish Life & Permanent Group Holdings plc History
Irish Life & Permanent Group Holdings plc Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Irish Life & Permanent Group Holdings plc Offices and Representations
Irish Life & Permanent Group Holdings plc SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Irish Life & Permanent Group Holdings plc Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Irish Life & Permanent Group Holdings plc Capital Market Snapshot
Irish Life & Permanent Group Holdings plc Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Insurance Industry Statistics
Irish Life & Permanent Group Holdings plc Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Irish Life & Permanent Group Holdings plc Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Irish Life & Permanent Group Holdings plc Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Irish Life & Permanent Group Holdings plc 1-year Stock Charts
Irish Life & Permanent Group Holdings plc 5-year Stock Charts
Irish Life & Permanent Group Holdings plc vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Irish Life & Permanent Group Holdings plc vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Irish Life & Permanent Group Holdings plc Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?