- The report contains detailed information about Logistec Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Logistec Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Logistec Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Logistec Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Logistec Corp. business.
About Logistec Corp.
Logistec Corporation (the Company) was incorporated in 1952. The company's subsidiaries include Sanexen Environmental Services Inc., Quebec Railway Corporation Inc., Logistec Navigation Inc., Transport Igloolik Inc., Northern Fox Shipping B. V. Dutch, Transport Umialarik Inc., Nunavut Eastern Arctic Shipping Inc., Transport Nanuk Inc., Termont Inc., Termont Terminal Inc., Moorings (Trois- Rivières) Ltd., Quebec Mooring Inc., St- Lawrence Mooring Inc., Soterm Inc., MSJ/ Logistec Stevedoring Joint Venture, ValTec, General Partnership, Quebec Maritime, Logistec Stevedoring (Atlantic) Inc., Autoterm Inc., Logistec Stevedoring (Ontario) Inc., Logistec USA Inc., Philadelphia Forest Products Terminals, BalTerm, L. L. P., Forterm (U. S. A.), Inc., Logistec Stevedoring U. S. A. Inc., Logistec Stevedoring Inc., Sorel Maritime Agencies Inc., Ramsey Greig & Co. Ltd., Lakehead Shipping Company Limited, Logistec Marine Agencies Inc. and Logistec Corporation.
The Company provides specialized marine services and environmental services. The marine services include stevedoring and terminal operations, agency services and marine transportation services.
Through Logistec Stevedoring Inc. and its subsidiaries and joint ventures, the Company provides cargo-handling services at 28 port terminals in Eastern Canada, the Great Lakes and the US East Coast. Stevedoring is the business of loading and unloading ships and other related operations. Terminal operations provide the shippers with the facilities for short-term or long-term warehousing, pending movement of goods from wharves and sheds. This service includes the loading and unloading of truck and railway cars in port terminals.
The company's services cargo services include stevedoring, truck/rail loading/unloading, storage, warehousing, and other various value-added services.
The Company also offers agency services to foreign ship-owners and operators serving the Canadian market through Logistec Marine Agencies Inc. and its subsidiaries. The agent represents foreign shipowners and operators that do not have offices in the companys territory. Services include calling pilots, coordinating the various port calls, attendance to crew requirements and other services performed on behalf of either the owner or the operator of the vessel in question.
The Company offers marine transportation services geared principally to the Arctic coastal trade through Transport Nanuk Inc. and its subsidiaries and joint ventures. It is primarily active in the Eastern Arctic during the summer/fall re-supply season, and as of December 31, 2002 operated two ice-classed vessels under the Canadian flag. One of the vessels, the M.V. Umiavut, participates in an international marine pool during the winter months, thereby generating revenues rather than inactivity costs.
Sorel Maritime Agencies is a full service marine agency. Incorporated in 1957, SMA has been a part of Logistec Corporation for close to 17 years. Sorel Maritime provides agency services in the ports of Sorel and Contrecoeur, QC to a wide range of vessel owners, charterers and ship managers. As port agents, they attend to all types of vessel operations and service bulk carriers, multipurpose, ro/ro, tankers and heavy lift vessels. Commodities imported and exported at the port include bulk cargoes (agricultural products, pig iron, titanium slags, coal, fertilizers and ore minerals) and general cargo (steel, forest products and heavy lift project cargo).
Vessel services provided by Sorel Maritime include all government entry formalities with Canadian Customs, Immigration, Coast Guard, Oceans and Fisheries, Agriculture and Environment as well as assisting vessel owners with ships' crew medical and repatriation, vessel repairs, ship spares deliveries, bunkering and supply of fresh water and any other husbandry matters. Sorel Maritime acts as a liaison between the stevedores and the vessel's Master and Chief Officer for a smooth loading and discharging of commodities.
The Company offers environmental services to industries and governments through Sanexen Environmental Services Inc. These services include the management of PCBs, site remediation, risk assessment and rehabilitation of underground pipes and aqueducts without excavation.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. LOGISTEC CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. LOGISTEC CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. LOGISTEC CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. LOGISTEC CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. LOGISTEC CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Logistec Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Logistec Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Logistec Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Logistec Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Transportation Infrastructure Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Logistec Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. LOGISTEC CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. LOGISTEC CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. LOGISTEC CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CANADA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. LOGISTEC CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. LOGISTEC CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. LOGISTEC CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Logistec Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Logistec Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Logistec Corp. Major Shareholders
Logistec Corp. History
Logistec Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Logistec Corp. Offices and Representations
Logistec Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Logistec Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Logistec Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
Logistec Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Transportation Infrastructure Industry Statistics
Logistec Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Logistec Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Logistec Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Logistec Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
Logistec Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
Logistec Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Logistec Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Logistec Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?