- The report contains detailed information about Cascades, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Cascades, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Cascades, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Cascades, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Cascades, Inc. business.
About Cascades, Inc.
Cascades Inc., through its subsidiaries, engages in the production, conversion, and marketing of packaging products and tissue papers principally composed of recycled fibre. The company has approximately 108 operating units located in Canada, the United States, and Europe.
The company conducts its business principally through two sectors, Packaging Products and Tissue Papers.
PACKAGING PRODUCTS SECTOR
The packaging products sector is divided into three groups of activities, including the Boxboard Group, the Containerboard Group, and the Specialty Products Group.
In North America, the Boxboard Group operates three mills that produce premium coated boxboard for conversion into folding cartons and micro-flute packaging, with a total annual production capacity of 346,000 metric tonnes. These three mills are located in Canada and the American northeast. The companys plants design, develop, and produce packaging solutions that meet the specific needs of companies focused on food and consumer products, including beverages, dry food, frozen and perishable food, and health and beauty care.
The company, through its wholly owned subsidiary, Dopaco, Inc., produces cups and folding cartons for quick service restaurants in North America. It holds an interest in a joint venture in the United States, Union Packaging, LLC.
In Europe, the Boxboard Group operates two mills, one in France and one in Sweden that produce coated boxboard made of virgin fibre. The company also holds a 36% investment in the Italian company Reno de Medici S.p.A, a producer of recycled coated boxboard with eight mills and an annual production capacity of 940,000 metric tonnes.
The Containerboard Group operates under the name Norampac. The company operates 32 containerboard mills and corrugated products converting plants in Canada, the United States, and France. This network produces a range of products for sale to both regional and national customers in various industries, including the food, beverage and consumer products industries. The company manufactures linerboard and corrugating medium. The Containerboard Group purchases all of its needs in virgin fibre in Quebec and Ontario, and purchases the third of its recycled fibre in the United States and the rest in Canada. Products are delivered mainly by truck, rail or a combination of both.
Specialty Products Group
The Specialty Products Group operates in four main sectors of activity, including industrial packaging, consumer product packaging, specialty papers, as well as in recovery and recycling. This group operates 43 facilities located in North America and Europe, including 19 recovery centers in Canada and the United States.
Industrial Packaging: Cascades Conversion Inc., Converdis Inc. and Cascades Sonoco Inc., joint venture companies, convert uncoated board, obtained in part within the Cascades network, into industrial packaging materials for the pulp and paper industry, such as roll headers and paperboard packaging from rolls of newspaper. Cascades Conversion Inc. manufactures heat plate for sealing roll edges.
Cascades Rollpack S.A.S operates two plants in France at Saulcy-sur-Meurthe and Chatenois, which manufacture roll headers made of linerboard and uncoated paperboard obtained from within the European paper mills.
Cascades Multi-Pro, located in Drummondville (Quebec) manufactures laminated boards used in industrial sectors, as well as honeycomb paperboard. Cascades Enviropac in Berthierville, St. Cesaire (Quebec) and Toronto (Ontario), as well as Cascades Enviropac HPM LLC in Grand Rapids (Michigan) manufacture honeycomb paperboard used as industrial packaging in general. The supply of uncoated board is principally obtained within the Cascades network.
Cascades Papiers Kingsey Falls (Quebec) produces uncoated board using 100% recycled fibre. This board is used mainly by converters specializing in commercial and industrial packaging, such as headers and wrappers for the paper industry, as well as spacers and partitions used to package products.
Consumer Product Packaging
Two mills manufacture moulded pu
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. CASCADES, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. CASCADES, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. CASCADES, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. CASCADES, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. CASCADES, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Cascades, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Cascades, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Cascades, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Cascades, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Packaging and Containers Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Cascades, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. CASCADES, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. CASCADES, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. CASCADES, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CANADA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. CASCADES, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. CASCADES, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. CASCADES, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Cascades, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Cascades, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Cascades, Inc. Major Shareholders
Cascades, Inc. History
Cascades, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Cascades, Inc. Offices and Representations
Cascades, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Cascades, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Cascades, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Cascades, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Packaging and Containers Industry Statistics
Cascades, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Cascades, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Cascades, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Cascades, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Cascades, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Cascades, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Cascades, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Cascades, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?