- The report contains detailed information about Minera Andes Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Minera Andes Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Minera Andes Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Minera Andes Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Minera Andes Inc. business.
About Minera Andes Inc.
Minera Andes Inc. engages in the acquisition, exploration, evaluation, and development of mineral properties located in the Republic of Argentina. The company primarily explores for gold, silver, and copper mineralized targets. It holds mineral rights and applications for mineral rights covering approximately 304,221 acres (123,133 hectares) acres.
The company's principal assets include a 49% interest in MSC, which owns and operates the San Jose Mine, an operating silver and gold mine in Santa Cruz Province, Argentina, covering 50,491 hectares; a 100% interest in the Los Azules Copper Project, a porphyry copper exploration project in San Juan Province, Argentina; and a portfolio of exploration properties in the prospective Deseado Massif region of southern Argentina.
The San Jose Project
The San Jose Project is a gold-silver project located in Santa Cruz Province, Argentina. The San Jose Project is a joint venture pursuant to which title to the assets is held by Minera Santa Cruz S.A. (MSC), an Argentinean corporation. MSC is owned, as to 49%, by the San Jose Mine is held by Minera Andes S.A. (MASA) and as to 51%, by Hochschild Mining (Argentina) Corporation S.A., a subsidiary of Hochschild Mining plc. The San Jose Property covers a total area of approximately 50,491 hectares and consists of 46 contiguous mining concessions totaling approximately 40,499 hectares, and 1 exploration permit covering approximately 9,992 hectares. As of December 31, 2009, the proven and probable mineral reserves WEre 1,521,000 tonnes at 454 g/t silver and 7.32 g/t gold, containing 22,193,000 ounces of silver and 358,000 ounces of gold.
The Los Azules Project
The Los Azules Copper Project is an advanced-stage exploration project located in San Juan Province, Argentina. The project covers approximately 20,612 ha (50,933 acres). The company, through a wholly owned subsidiary, owns 100% of the Los Azules Copper Project.
In addition to the San Jose Mine and the Los Azules Copper Project, the company owns a 100% interest in various exploration properties located in the provinces of Chubut, San Juan and Santa Cruz, Argentina. The company holds its interest in these properties pursuant to 9 cateos and 41 manifestations of discovery covering an aggregate of 132,988.74 hectares.
Minera Andes Inc. was founded in 1994.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. MINERA ANDES INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. MINERA ANDES INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. MINERA ANDES INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. MINERA ANDES INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. MINERA ANDES INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Minera Andes Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Minera Andes Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Minera Andes Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Minera Andes Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Metals & Mining Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Minera Andes Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. MINERA ANDES INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. MINERA ANDES INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. MINERA ANDES INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CANADA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. MINERA ANDES INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. MINERA ANDES INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. MINERA ANDES INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Minera Andes Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Minera Andes Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Minera Andes Inc. Major Shareholders
Minera Andes Inc. History
Minera Andes Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Minera Andes Inc. Offices and Representations
Minera Andes Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Minera Andes Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Minera Andes Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Minera Andes Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Metals & Mining Industry Statistics
Minera Andes Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Minera Andes Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Minera Andes Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Minera Andes Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Minera Andes Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Minera Andes Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Minera Andes Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Minera Andes Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?