- The report contains detailed information about Shear Minerals Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Shear Minerals Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Shear Minerals Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Shear Minerals Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Shear Minerals Ltd. business.
About Shear Minerals Ltd.
Shear Minerals Ltd., an exploration stage company, engages in the acquisition and exploration of mineral properties primarily in Canada. The company acquires and explores mineral properties located primarily in the Northwest and Nunavut Territories, Alberta, and Michigan.
Churchill Diamond Project: The company holds a 58.14% interest in the Churchill Diamond Project. The project consists of mineral rights to approximately 1.0 million acres near the communities of Rankin Inlet and Chesterfield Inlet in the Kivalliq region of Nunavut.
Churchill West Project: The company is exploring the Churchill West project with International Samuel Exploration Corp. (Samuel), Stornoway Diamond Corp. (Stornoway), and BHP Billiton Diamonds Inc.(BHPB) where it holds a 26.45% interest; and Samuel, Stornoway, and BHPB have interests of 48.75%, 18.37%, and 6.43%, respectively, in the diamond rights to the property. The Churchill West project encompasses 397,705 acres located near the community of Rankin Inlet in the Kivalliq region of Nunavut, contiguous to the Churchill Diamond Project.
Aylmer Lake West, Northwest Territories: This project operates under a joint venture agreement with Diamondex Resources Ltd. The company holds 62.9% of the project. The property consists of two mineral leases (5,165 acres) located 50 kilometers east of the Diavik Diamond Mine and the diamond district of Lac de Gras and approximately 320 kilometers northeast of Yellowknife, Northwest Territories. There are two known kimberlites on the property, including the Nicholas Bay and Nic2 kimberlites.
Afridi Lake, Northwest Territories: This project operates under a joint venture agreement with Samuel, New World Resource Corp. (New World) and Mantle Resources Inc. (Mantle). The company holds a 58.2% interest in the property; and Samuel, New World, and Mantle have 25.4%, 8.2%, and 8.2%, respectively. The Afridi Lake Property consists of 24 mineral claims and 3 mineral leases (56,000 acres) located approximately 40 kilometers east of the Diavik Diamond Mine within the diamond district of Lac de Gras and approximately 320 kilometers northeast of Yellowknife, Northwest Territories. In 2008, a total of 12 drill holes totaling 1,741 meters were completed.
Liege, Alberta: The company has acquired a farm-out agreement on a significant land position in north central Alberta for diamond exploration. The property, known as the Liege Diamond Project, consists of 155,000 acres and is located 360 kilometers north of Edmonton, Alberta. The project area lies 80 kilometers east of the Buffalo Head Hills kimberlite cluster and is located along the projected trend of the Peace River Arch.
Sakari, Nunavut: The company holds a 50% interest in approximately 42,000 acres of claims located within the southwest portion of Diamonds North Resources Inc.s Amaruk project in the Franklin Kimberlite District of Nunavut. The Sakari property is located adjacent to the Darby project where nine kimberlites have been discovered. Diamonds North Resources Ltd. retains the other 50% interest in the property and is the operator.
Crystal, Michigan, the U.S.A: The company holds an interest in the Crystal Diamond project in Michigan, the U.S.A.
XYZ, Northwest Territories: This project operates under a joint venture agreement with Hunter Exploration Group (Hunter). The company holds an 80% interest in the project. The XYZ Project consists of 19,000 acres of mineral claims located along the northwest boundary of the Ekati Diamond Mine property and 225 kilometers northeast of Yellowknife, Northwest Territories.
In November 2009, Shear Minerals Ltd. has signed an agreement with Exploratus Ltd. whereby Shear can earn an option in all mineral rights to the Napajut Gold-Diamond Project Nunavut together with related datasets. The Napajut Lake Gold-Diamond Property is located 75 km west-northwest west from the community of Arviat and also 250 km southwest of Shear's Churchill Project, Nunavut.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SHEAR MINERALS LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SHEAR MINERALS LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SHEAR MINERALS LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SHEAR MINERALS LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SHEAR MINERALS LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Shear Minerals Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Shear Minerals Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Shear Minerals Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Shear Minerals Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Metals & Mining Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Shear Minerals Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. SHEAR MINERALS LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SHEAR MINERALS LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SHEAR MINERALS LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CANADA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SHEAR MINERALS LTD. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SHEAR MINERALS LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SHEAR MINERALS LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Shear Minerals Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Shear Minerals Ltd. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Shear Minerals Ltd. Major Shareholders
Shear Minerals Ltd. History
Shear Minerals Ltd. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Shear Minerals Ltd. Offices and Representations
Shear Minerals Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Shear Minerals Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Shear Minerals Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
Shear Minerals Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Metals & Mining Industry Statistics
Shear Minerals Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Shear Minerals Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Shear Minerals Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Shear Minerals Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
Shear Minerals Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
Shear Minerals Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Shear Minerals Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Shear Minerals Ltd. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?