- The report contains detailed information about Minefinders Corp. Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Minefinders Corp. Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Minefinders Corp. Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Minefinders Corp. Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Minefinders Corp. Ltd. business.
About Minefinders Corp. Ltd.
Minefinders Corporation Ltd engages in exploration, development, and mining of precious and base metal properties. The companys properties are located in Mexico and the United States.
The companys principal mineral property interest is the Dolores property, located in Chihuahua, Mexico. In 2008, the company announced the first pour of gold and silver dore at the Dolores property.
The company also has property interests in Sonora, Mexico (the Sonora Properties). The Sonora Properties include the resource bearing La Bolsa gold and silver deposit, the Real Viejo silver prospect, and the Planchas de Plata silver prospect, each at various stages of exploration. The company has other mineral property interests in northern Mexico and in the United States which are in the early exploration stage.
The companys properties include The Dolores Property, Sonora Properties, and Property Interests in the United States.
The Dolores Property
The Dolores Mine is located in the Sierra Madre Occidental Range in the State of Chihuahua, northern Mexico. It is in the Municipality of Madera, approximately 94 km by road (45 km by air) southwest of the town of Madera, and 250 km west of the city of Chihuahua. The company, through its wholly owned Mexican subsidiary CMD, directly owns the Dolores, Silvia, and Unificacion Real Cananea concessions. Total area of concessions under control of the company is 27,700 hectares.
The company controls a 100 percent interest in the mineral rights to 31 mineral concessions totaling approximately 120,000 hectares in the State of Sonora, Mexico. These concessions are located within several different prospective precious metals mineralized trends within the state of Sonora, Mexico.
Advanced Project Areas
The companys Northern Sonora Project area encompasses approximately 28,000 hectares and includes the resource bearing La Bolsa gold project in the northwest corner of the block, the Real Viejo silver project in the central portion of the concessions, and the Planchas de Plata silver project located to the southeast.
La Bolsa Property
The La Bolsa property is is located on the ABE concession in the northern part of Sonora State, Mexico, approximately 30 kilometres west of the Mexican city of Nogales, and 97 kilometres SSW of Tucson, Arizona. The property is accessed from both Nogales and Hermosillo, Mexico. As of February 2010, the company has completed 241 drill holes representing by 16,951 metres of core and 15,881 metres of reverse-circulation drilling, for a total of 32,832 metres of drilling.
Planchas de Plata and Real Viejo Property
The Real Viejo and Planchas de Plata properties are located approximately 10 kilometres from each other in northern Sonora approximately 10 kilometres southeast of the La Bolsa property. As of December 31, 2009, the company has completed a total of 61 drill holes at Real Viejo, and a total of 136 drill holes at Planchas de Plata.
La Virginia Gold / Silver District
In 2009, the company completed the consolidation of all mineral rights and surface rights necessary to drill and test the La Virginia gold/silver district in Sonora, Mexico. The company has staked mineral rights over approximately 32,000 hectares of land and has also optioned an additional 2,100 hectares of mineral rights.
Property Interests in the United States
The company has interests in claim areas in the United States, including the Dottie property in the State of Nevada, and the Oro Blanco property in the State of Arizona. The Dottie property is located in Elko County, Nevada, approximately eight miles west of Queenstake Resources Jerrit Canyon operations. The companys Oro Blanco property in Arizona adjoins the La Bolsa property in northern Sonora.
Minefinders Corporation Ltd was incorporated in 1975. The company was formerly known as Twentieth Century Explorations Inc. and changed its name to Minefinders Corporation Ltd. in 1979.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. MINEFINDERS CORP. LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. MINEFINDERS CORP. LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. MINEFINDERS CORP. LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. MINEFINDERS CORP. LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. MINEFINDERS CORP. LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Minefinders Corp. Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Minefinders Corp. Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Minefinders Corp. Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Minefinders Corp. Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Metals & Mining Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Minefinders Corp. Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. MINEFINDERS CORP. LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. MINEFINDERS CORP. LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. MINEFINDERS CORP. LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CANADA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. MINEFINDERS CORP. LTD. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. MINEFINDERS CORP. LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. MINEFINDERS CORP. LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Minefinders Corp. Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Minefinders Corp. Ltd. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Minefinders Corp. Ltd. Major Shareholders
Minefinders Corp. Ltd. History
Minefinders Corp. Ltd. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Minefinders Corp. Ltd. Offices and Representations
Minefinders Corp. Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Minefinders Corp. Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Minefinders Corp. Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
Minefinders Corp. Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Metals & Mining Industry Statistics
Minefinders Corp. Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Minefinders Corp. Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Minefinders Corp. Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Minefinders Corp. Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
Minefinders Corp. Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
Minefinders Corp. Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Minefinders Corp. Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Minefinders Corp. Ltd. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?