- The report contains detailed information about Precision Castparts Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Precision Castparts Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Precision Castparts Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Precision Castparts Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Precision Castparts Corp. business.
About Precision Castparts Corp.
Precision Castparts Corp. manufactures metal components and products, and provides investment castings, forgings, and fasteners/fastener systems for critical aerospace and industrial gas turbine (IGT) applications.
In addition, the company provides investment castings and forgings for general industrial, armament, medical and other applications; nickel alloys and mill forms, as well as cobalt alloys, for the aerospace, chemical processing, oil and gas, pollution control and other industries; pipe for coal-fired, industrial gas turbine, and nuclear power plants, as well as oil and gas applications; fasteners for automotive and general industrial markets; specialty alloys for the investment casting industry; refiner plates, screen cylinders and other products for the pulp and paper industry; metal-injection-molded and ThixoFormed parts for automotive and other markets; grinder pumps and affiliated components for low pressure sewer systems; critical auxiliary equipment and gas monitoring systems for the power generation industry; and metalworking tools for the fastener market and other applications.
Products and Markets
The company manufactures metal components and products in three principal business segments: Investment Cast Products, Forged Products, and Fastener Products.
INVESTMENT CAST PRODUCTS
The Investment Cast Products segment manufactures investment castings for aircraft engines, IGT engines, airframes, medical prostheses, armament, unmanned aerial vehicles, and other industrial applications. The segment also provides alloys to its investment casting operations, as well as to other investment casting companies.
The company manufactures structural investment castings, and airfoil investment castings used in jet aircraft engines. It manufactures investment castings for every jet aircraft engine program in production or under development by its key customers. The company also manufactures structural and airfoil investment castings for IGT and aeroderivative engines used for electric power generation and other applications, and it has expanded into the structural airframe and armament markets. In addition, the company makes investment castings for use in the medical prosthesis, satellite launch vehicle, and general industrial markets.
Aerospace Structural Castings
The companys structural castings business manufactures stainless steel, nickel-based superalloy, and titanium investment castings, as well as various medium and small structural castings. These castings are stationary components that form portions of the fan, compressor, combustor, and turbine sections of a jet aircraft engine, where strength and structural integrity are critical. Structural investment castings are sold primarily as original equipment to jet aircraft engine manufacturers. The company also serves the structural airframes market through the production of components manufactured primarily from titanium and aluminum alloys.
Aerospace Airfoil Castings
The company manufactures precision cast airfoils, such as the stationary vanes and rotating blades used in the turbine section of jet aircraft engines. This part of the engine is considered the hot section, where temperatures may exceed 2,400 degrees Fahrenheit. The company uses various casting technologies to manufacture turbine airfoils. A conventional casting process enables the company to produce equiaxed airfoil castings, in which the metal grains are oriented randomly throughout the casting. An advanced process enables the company to produce single crystal (SX) airfoil castings, which consist of one superalloy crystal without grain boundaries. In addition, the company has developed a process to manufacture titanium aluminide blades.
The company is a supplier of investment castings used in IGT engines. In addition to IGT components, it manufactures structural and airfoil castings for aeroderivative gas turbine engines, which are also used for power generation, as well as for other commercial and military land and marine-based applications.
Other Investment Casting Products
The companys investment casting technology also has various appl
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. PRECISION CASTPARTS CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. PRECISION CASTPARTS CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. PRECISION CASTPARTS CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. PRECISION CASTPARTS CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. PRECISION CASTPARTS CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Precision Castparts Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Precision Castparts Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Precision Castparts Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Precision Castparts Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Aerospace and Defense Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Precision Castparts Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. PRECISION CASTPARTS CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. PRECISION CASTPARTS CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. PRECISION CASTPARTS CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. PRECISION CASTPARTS CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. PRECISION CASTPARTS CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. PRECISION CASTPARTS CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Precision Castparts Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Precision Castparts Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Precision Castparts Corp. Major Shareholders
Precision Castparts Corp. History
Precision Castparts Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Precision Castparts Corp. Offices and Representations
Precision Castparts Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Precision Castparts Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Precision Castparts Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
Precision Castparts Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Aerospace and Defense Industry Statistics
Precision Castparts Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Precision Castparts Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Precision Castparts Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Precision Castparts Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
Precision Castparts Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
Precision Castparts Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Precision Castparts Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Precision Castparts Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?