- The report contains detailed information about Express-1 Expedited Solutions Inc that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Express-1 Expedited Solutions Inc. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Express-1 Expedited Solutions Inc financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Express-1 Expedited Solutions Inc competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Express-1 Expedited Solutions Inc business.
About Express-1 Expedited Solutions Inc
Express-1 Expedited Solutions, Inc. is a transportation services company. The companys services consist of expedited surface transportation provided through Express-1, Inc. (Express-1), domestic and international freight forwarding services provided through Concert Group Logistics, Inc. (Concert Group Logistics or CGL) and truckload brokerage services provided through Bounce Logistics, Inc. (Bounce Logistics or Bounce).
The company provides same-day special handling or customized logistics solutions that meet its customers needs. In addition, the company provides aircraft charter services through third-party providers, in support of its customers critical shipments. During 2009, the company provided approximately 132,000 critical movements for its customers through its units.
As of December 31, 2009, the companys operations consisted of three business units: Express-1, Concert Group Logistics, and Bounce Logistics.
Express-1 business unit
The company offers expedited transportation services to customers from its Buchanan, Michigan facility. It is a ground expedited freight carrier in North America, handling approximately 54,000 shipments during 2009. It operates a fleet of independently owned vehicles, including cargo vans, straight trucks, and semi tractor trailer units. Express-1 serves its customers between shipping points with in the United States, parts of Canada and Mexico. Express-1s freight movements are provided primarily to customers who are the U.S. based, including movements that require Express-1 to utilize international partner carriers for movements outside the U.S.
Concert Group Logistics business Unit
Concert Group Logistics (CGL) is a non-asset based services company with an operational focus on the freight forwarding area of the transportation industry. These independent owners operate stations with in exclusive geographical regions under long-term contracts with CGL. As of December 31, 2009, CGL supported its 26 independently owned stations. The major domestic and international services provided by CGL are as follows:
Domestic Offerings time critical services, including as-soon-as possible, air charter and expedites; time sensitive services including next day, second day and third day deliveries; and services including deferred delivery, less than truckload (LTL) and full truck load (FTL).
International Offerings time critical services, including on-board courier and air charters; time sensitive services including direct transit and consolidation; and cost sensitive services, including less-than-container loads, full-container-loads and vessel charters.
Other Service Offerings value added services include documentation on international shipments, customs clearance and banking; customized services, including trade show shipment management, time definite and customized product distributions, reverse logistics and on site asset recovery projects, installation coordination, freight optimization and diversity compliance support.
Bounce Logistics business unit
Bounce Logistics is a non-asset based transportation company operationally focused on providing freight brokerage services to customers in need of customer service levels. The company also services other customers in need of non-expedited premium transportation movements.
The companys customers are engaged with in industries such as: major domestic and foreign automotive manufacturing, production of automotive components and supplies, commercial printing, durable goods manufacturing, pharmaceuticals, food and consumer products production, and the high tech sector.
In addition, the company serves third-party logistics providers (3PLs), who themselves serve a multitude of customers and industries. The companys 3-PL customers vary in size from small, independent, single facility organizations to large, global logistics companies. Within its Express-1 and Bounce Logistics business units, its services are marketed with in the United States and Canada and Mexico. In addition to offering services with in these same markets, its Concert Group Logistics unit also provides international services by both air and ocean as well as other value added services.
The company was founded in 1996. It was formerly known as Segmentz, Inc. and changed its name to Express-1 Expedited Solutions, Inc. in 2006.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. EXPRESS-1 EXPEDITED SOLUTIONS INC COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. EXPRESS-1 EXPEDITED SOLUTIONS INC BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. EXPRESS-1 EXPEDITED SOLUTIONS INC SWOT ANALYSIS
4. EXPRESS-1 EXPEDITED SOLUTIONS INC FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. EXPRESS-1 EXPEDITED SOLUTIONS INC COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Express-1 Expedited Solutions Inc Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Express-1 Expedited Solutions Inc and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Express-1 Expedited Solutions Inc and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Express-1 Expedited Solutions Inc Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Air Freight Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Express-1 Expedited Solutions Inc Industry Position Analysis
6. EXPRESS-1 EXPEDITED SOLUTIONS INC NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. EXPRESS-1 EXPEDITED SOLUTIONS INC EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. EXPRESS-1 EXPEDITED SOLUTIONS INC ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. EXPRESS-1 EXPEDITED SOLUTIONS INC IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. EXPRESS-1 EXPEDITED SOLUTIONS INC PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. EXPRESS-1 EXPEDITED SOLUTIONS INC VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Express-1 Expedited Solutions Inc Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Express-1 Expedited Solutions Inc Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Express-1 Expedited Solutions Inc Major Shareholders
Express-1 Expedited Solutions Inc History
Express-1 Expedited Solutions Inc Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Express-1 Expedited Solutions Inc Offices and Representations
Express-1 Expedited Solutions Inc SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Express-1 Expedited Solutions Inc Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Express-1 Expedited Solutions Inc Capital Market Snapshot
Express-1 Expedited Solutions Inc Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Air Freight Industry Statistics
Express-1 Expedited Solutions Inc Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Express-1 Expedited Solutions Inc Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Express-1 Expedited Solutions Inc Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Express-1 Expedited Solutions Inc 1-year Stock Charts
Express-1 Expedited Solutions Inc 5-year Stock Charts
Express-1 Expedited Solutions Inc vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Express-1 Expedited Solutions Inc vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Express-1 Expedited Solutions Inc Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?