- The report contains detailed information about SemGroup Corporation that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for SemGroup Corporation. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The SemGroup Corporation financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes SemGroup Corporation competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of SemGroup Corporation business.
About SemGroup Corporation
SemGroup Corporation provides gathering, transportation, storage, distribution, blending, marketing, and other midstream services primarily to independent producers, refiners of petroleum products and other market participants located in the Midwest and Rocky Mountain regions of the United States of America, Canada, and the West Coast of the United Kingdom.
The company has an owned, contracted and leased asset base consisting of pipelines, gathering systems, storage facilities, terminals, processing plants, blending facilities and other distribution assets located between North American production and supply areas, including the Gulf Coast, Midwest, Rocky Mountain and Western Canadian regions. It also maintains and operates storage, terminal and marine facilities at Milford Haven in the U.K. that enable customers to supply petroleum products to markets in the Atlantic Basin. It also operates a network of liquid asphalt cement terminals throughout Mexico. The company gathers, purchases, transports, stores, distributes, blends, and markets petroleum products to markets primarily in the Midwest.
The companys segments include SemCrude; SemStream; SemCAMS; SemLogistics; SemMexico; SemCanada Crude; and SemGas.
SemCrude conducts crude oil transportation, storage, terminalling, gathering, blending and marketing in Colorado, Kansas, Montana, North Dakota, Oklahoma, and Texas for third party customers, as well as for itself. The SemCrude business unit consists of three primary operations the White Cliffs pipeline; Kansas and Oklahoma pipelines; and Cushing storage.
Assets and Operations
White Cliffs Pipeline: The company owns and operates a 527-mile common carrier, crude oil pipeline system that originates in Colorado and terminates in Cushing, Oklahoma (the White Cliffs Pipeline). The White Cliffs Pipeline provides DJ Basin producers in Colorado direct access to the Cushing market and to refiners in the Midwest area. The White Cliffs Pipeline also includes a 100,000 barrel crude oil storage tank and a truck unloading facility owned and operated by SemCrude and located and connected at the White Cliffs Pipelines origination point at Platteville, Colorado. The White Cliffs Pipelines initial design capacity is 29,700 barrels of crude oil per day with 1 pump station. The company owns 99.17% of the White Cliffs Pipeline. The other 0.83% is owned by the two shippers that entered into throughput agreements.
Kansas and Oklahoma Pipeline: The company owns and operates approximately 620 miles of crude oil gathering and transportation pipeline systems and related pipeline storage tanks in Kansas and northern Oklahoma. The pipeline systems connect to various third party trunk pipelines in Kansas, refineries and storage terminals located at Cushing, Oklahoma. The Kansas and Oklahoma pipeline systems can transport approximately 32,700 barrels of crude oil per day.
Cushing Storage: The company owns and operates 4.2 million barrels of crude oil storage in Cushing, Oklahoma. It also has 0.5 million barrels of crude oil storage under construction in Cushing. SemCrude directly utilizes, and provides to customers, fee-based storage and terminal services from owned assets in Cushing. SemCrude also owns and operates a delivery/receipt pipeline to connect its storage operations to TEPPCOs facility in Cushing, which is the hub where all NYMEX barrels are delivered. The company has additional acreage and infrastructure in place to significantly expand storage capacity at Cushing.
SemStream engages in the terminalling, storage, marketing, and distribution of natural gas liquids (NGLs), primarily propane, and to a certain extent, butane and natural gasoline. SemStream owns assets that are located in some of the key areas of high propane demand in the U.S., with operations in approximately 40 states. SemStreams operations include sales to retail, wholesale, and commercial customers linked to purchases from suppliers, and encompass three primary focus areas, including wholesale marketing at both private and common carrier terminals; NGL supply to retail, petrochemical and commercial customers;
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SEMGROUP CORPORATION COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SEMGROUP CORPORATION BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SEMGROUP CORPORATION SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SEMGROUP CORPORATION FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SEMGROUP CORPORATION COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. SemGroup Corporation Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of SemGroup Corporation and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of SemGroup Corporation and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. SemGroup Corporation Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Energy Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. SemGroup Corporation Industry Position Analysis
6. SEMGROUP CORPORATION NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SEMGROUP CORPORATION EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SEMGROUP CORPORATION ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SEMGROUP CORPORATION IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SEMGROUP CORPORATION PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SEMGROUP CORPORATION VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
SemGroup Corporation Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
SemGroup Corporation Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
SemGroup Corporation Major Shareholders
SemGroup Corporation History
SemGroup Corporation Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
SemGroup Corporation Offices and Representations
SemGroup Corporation SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
SemGroup Corporation Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
SemGroup Corporation Capital Market Snapshot
SemGroup Corporation Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Energy Industry Statistics
SemGroup Corporation Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
SemGroup Corporation Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
SemGroup Corporation Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
SemGroup Corporation 1-year Stock Charts
SemGroup Corporation 5-year Stock Charts
SemGroup Corporation vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
SemGroup Corporation vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
SemGroup Corporation Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?