- The report contains detailed information about Barnwell Industries Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Barnwell Industries Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Barnwell Industries Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Barnwell Industries Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Barnwell Industries Inc. business.
About Barnwell Industries Inc.
Barnwell Industries, Inc. engages in the exploration, development, production, and sale of oil and natural gas in Canada. The company invests in land interests in Hawaii. It develops homes for sale in Hawaii. It also engages in well drilling services and water pumping systems installation and repairing in Hawaii.
The company operates in four segments, including Oil and Natural Gas Segment; Land Investment Segment; Residential Real Estate Segment; and Contract Drilling Segment.
Oil and Natural Gas Segment
The company, through its wholly-owned subsidiary, involves in the acquisition, exploration, and development of oil and natural gas properties.
The companys investments in oil and natural gas properties are located in Canada, principally in the province of Alberta, with minor holdings in the provinces of Saskatchewan and British Columbia. These property interests are principally held under governmental leases or licenses.
The companys principal oil and natural gas property is located in the Dunvegan area of Alberta, Canada and is called the Dunvegan Unit. It held an 8.9% working interest in the Dunvegan Unit, which had 223 producing natural gas wells as of September 30, 2010. In 2010, the company participated in the drilling of 12 gross (1.1 net) gas wells in the Dunvegan area of which 9 gross (0.8 net) wells were successful and 3 gross (0.3 net) wells are being evaluated.
As of September 30, 2010, Dunvegans proved natural gas reserves represented approximately 10,408,000 gross (9,542,000 net) (thousand cubic feet) Mcf and proved oil and natural gas liquids reserves represented 433,000 gross (301,000 net) (stock tank barrel) Bbl.
Well Drilling Activities
In 2010, the company participated in the drilling of 22 development wells. It participated in the drilling of one exploratory well in 2010.
As of September 30, 2010, the company had interests in approximately 776 gross (99.6 net) productive wells, of which 175 gross (30.5 net) were oil wells and 601 gross (69.1 net) were natural gas wells in Canada. Its 6 natural gas wells and 12 oil wells have dual or multiple completions.
The companys undeveloped acreage includes concentrations in Alberta at Doris (6,720 net acres), Thornbury (5,949 net acres), Bonanza/Balsam (4,456 net acres), Rycroft (3,558 net acres) and Swalwell (3,480 net acres). In 2010, the company acquired undeveloped land in Seagram Lakes (1,584 net acres) located in Saskatchewan.
Customers: The companys oil and natural gas segment customers include Shell Trading Canada, ProGas Limited, and Glencoe Resources Ltd.
Land Investment Segment
The company owns 77.6% interest in Kaupulehu Developments, a Hawaii general partnership that owns interests in leasehold land and development rights for property located approximately 6 miles north of the Kona International Airport in the North Kona District of the island of Hawaii.
The company, through wholly-owned Kaupulehu Mauka Investors, LLC, owns acquisition rights as to 14 lots within agricultural-zoned leasehold land in the upland area of Kaupulehu (Mauka Lands) situated between the Queen Kaahumanu Highway and the Mamalahoa Highway at Kaupulehu, on the island of Hawaii.
Residential Real Estate Segment
The company owns an 80% interest in Kaupulehu 2007, LLLP, and a Hawaii limited liability limited partnership, which acquires house lots for investment and develops luxury residences for sale.
As of September 30, 2010, Kaupulehu 2007 had two completed luxury residences listed for sale. One home is a fully furnished 5-bedroom, 6.5-bath ranch-style home and is 6,337 square feet in size. The second home, unfurnished, is of similar design and is 6,275 square feet in size.
Contract Drilling Segment
The companys wholly-owned subsidiary, Water Resources International, Inc. (Water Resources), drills water, water monitoring, and geothermal wells of varying depths in Hawaii, installs and repairs water pumping systems, and is the state of Hawaiis distributor for Floway pumps and equipment.
Water Resources owns and operates two Spencer-Harris portable rotary drill rigs capable of drilling up to approximately 7,000 feet, an IDECO H-35 rotary drill/workover rig, 2 GEFCO 40-T portable rotary drill rigs, and other drilling, installation, and service equipment. Water Resources acquired the second GEFCO 40-T drill rig in 2010. Additionally, Water Resources leases a maintenance facility in Honolulu, Hawaii; a maintenance and storage facility in Kawaihae, Hawaii; and maintains an inventory of drilling materials and pump supplies.
In 2010, Water Resources started 5 well drilling contracts and 10 pump installation and repair contracts; and completed 5 well drilling contracts and 6 pump installation and repair contracts.
At September 30, 2010, Water Resources had a backlog of 4 well drilling contracts and 11 pump installation and repair contracts, of which 3 well drilling and 7 pump installation and repair contracts were in progress.
Barnwell Industries, Inc. was founded in 1956.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. BARNWELL INDUSTRIES INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. BARNWELL INDUSTRIES INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. BARNWELL INDUSTRIES INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. BARNWELL INDUSTRIES INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. BARNWELL INDUSTRIES INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Barnwell Industries Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Barnwell Industries Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Barnwell Industries Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Barnwell Industries Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Energy Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Barnwell Industries Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. BARNWELL INDUSTRIES INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. BARNWELL INDUSTRIES INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. BARNWELL INDUSTRIES INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. BARNWELL INDUSTRIES INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. BARNWELL INDUSTRIES INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. BARNWELL INDUSTRIES INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Barnwell Industries Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Barnwell Industries Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Barnwell Industries Inc. Major Shareholders
Barnwell Industries Inc. History
Barnwell Industries Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Barnwell Industries Inc. Offices and Representations
Barnwell Industries Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Barnwell Industries Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Barnwell Industries Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Barnwell Industries Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Energy Industry Statistics
Barnwell Industries Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Barnwell Industries Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Barnwell Industries Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Barnwell Industries Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Barnwell Industries Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Barnwell Industries Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Barnwell Industries Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Barnwell Industries Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?