Rosetta Resources, Inc. Fundamental Company Report Including Financial, SWOT, Competitors and Industry Analysis
- The report contains detailed information about Rosetta Resources, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Rosetta Resources, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Rosetta Resources, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Rosetta Resources, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Rosetta Resources, Inc. business.
About Rosetta Resources, Inc.
Rosetta Resources Inc., an independent oil and gas company, engages in the acquisition, exploration, development, and production of oil and gas properties in the United States.
As of December 31, 2009, the company had an estimated 351.1 billion cubic feet equivalent of proved oil and natural gas reserves, including 296.8 billion cubic feet of natural gas, 3,825 thousand barrels of oil and condensate and 5,221 thousand barrels of natural gas liquids (NGLs).
The company owns core producing and non-producing oil and natural gas properties in proven or prospective basins that are primarily located in California, the Rockies, and South Texas. It also has non-core positions in the state Waters of Texas and the Gulf of Mexico. For the year ended December 31, 2009, the company drilled 43 gross and 36 net wells.
As of December 31, 2009, the company owned approximately 60,000 net acres in the Rio Vista Field and other fields in the Sacramento Basin areas.
Rio Vista Field: The Rio Vista Gas Unit and a significant portion of the deep rights below the Rio Vista Gas Unit, which together constitute the greater Rio Vista Field, is the onshore natural gas field in California. The company produces from behind-pipe reserves in multiple zones at depths ranging from 2,000 feet to 11,000 feet in the field.
As of December 31, 2009, the company owned approximately 160,000 net acres in the Rockies and had approximately 230,000 net acres under an exploration option in the Alberta Basin of Montana. Its production is concentrated in three basins: the DJ Basin, San Juan Basin, and Greater Green River Basin. In 2009, the company drilled five gross wells.
DJ Basin, Colorado: As of December 31, 2009, the company had a majority working interest in approximately 94,000 net acres with 154 square miles of 3-D seismic data.
San Juan Basin, New Mexico: The San Juan Basin is a prolific gas basin in North America, with significant contribution coming from the Fruitland Coal Bed Methane (CBM) trend. There is CBM production from depths of 1,600 feet surrounding its leasehold. As of December 31, 2009, the company had a 100% working interest in approximately 16,000 net acres. In 2009, the company drilled 3 CBM wells.
Pinedale, Wyoming: The company owns a 100% working interest in 1,280 acres of the Pinedale field. It own 28 productive natural gas wells and 1 salt water disposal well. The Pinedale field covers 1,280 acres.
Alberta Basin, Montana: The Alberta Basin play is a westward analog of the industrys Bakken and Three Forks plays of the Williston Basin of Montana and North Dakota. As of December 31, 2009, the companys acreage position included approximately 240,000 net acres, including approximately 230,000 net acres under exploration option agreements.
As of December 31, 2009, the company owned approximately 170,000 net acres in South Texas. The companys production in South Texas comes from the Lobo, Olmos, and Perdido sand trends and the Eagle Ford Shale trend. In 2009, the company drilled 31 gross wells, of which 25 were successful.
Lobo Trend: The company is a producer in the South Texas Lobo Trend, with 470 square miles of 3-D seismic and 255 operated producing wells. Its working interests range from 50% to 100%. In 2009, the company drilled 27 gross wells, of which 21 were successful. The Lobo trend produces from tight sands with low permeabilities and high pressures at depths from 7,500 to 10,000 feet.
Eagle Ford Shale Trend: The company focuses on the Eagle Ford Shale trend in South Texas. In 2009, it drilled four gross wells to gather and evaluate the shale with core and log data.
Olmos Trend: The company owns a 70% non-operated working interest in 231 gross producing Olmos wells in the Olmos trend of South Texas.
Perdido Sand Trend: The company owns a 50% non-operated working interest in the South Texas Perdido Sand trend. It has 37 producing wells (24 horizontal and 13 vertical).
Dinn Sand Trend: The company owns a significant acreage position with approximately 100% operated working interest adjacent to its existing Perdido development trend.
In the Other Onshore region, the company has approximately 12,000 net acres under lease with an average non-operated working interest of 47%.
Texas State Waters
The company owns a 50% operated working interest through a joint venture in Sabine Lake, within Texas State Waters of Jefferson County and Louisiana State Waters of Cameron Parish, and additional non-operated properties in Texas State Waters near Nueces Bay. During 2009, the company drilled three gross wells. As of December 31, 2009, the company held interests in approximately 4,000 net acres with 72 square miles of 3-D seismic data.
Gulf of Mexico
Federal Waters: The company owns working interests in 12 offshore blocks ranging from 20% to 100% working interest with approximately 28,000 net acres.
The company's major customer is Calpine Energy Services.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ROSETTA RESOURCES, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ROSETTA RESOURCES, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ROSETTA RESOURCES, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ROSETTA RESOURCES, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ROSETTA RESOURCES, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Rosetta Resources, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Rosetta Resources, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Rosetta Resources, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Rosetta Resources, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Energy Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Rosetta Resources, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. ROSETTA RESOURCES, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ROSETTA RESOURCES, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ROSETTA RESOURCES, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ROSETTA RESOURCES, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ROSETTA RESOURCES, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ROSETTA RESOURCES, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF FIGURES
Rosetta Resources, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Rosetta Resources, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Rosetta Resources, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Rosetta Resources, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Rosetta Resources, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Rosetta Resources, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Rosetta Resources, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Rosetta Resources, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Rosetta Resources, Inc. Major Shareholders
Rosetta Resources, Inc. History
Rosetta Resources, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Rosetta Resources, Inc. Offices and Representations
Rosetta Resources, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Rosetta Resources, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Rosetta Resources, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Rosetta Resources, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Energy Industry Statistics
Rosetta Resources, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Rosetta Resources, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?