- The report contains detailed information about Ocean Power Technologies, Inc that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Ocean Power Technologies, Inc. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Ocean Power Technologies, Inc financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Ocean Power Technologies, Inc competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Ocean Power Technologies, Inc business.
About Ocean Power Technologies, Inc
Ocean Power Technologies, Inc. engages in the development and commercialization of proprietary systems that generate electricity by harnessing the renewable energy of ocean waves.
The company offers two types of PowerBuoy systems: its utility PowerBuoy system, which is designed to supply electricity to a local or regional electric power grid, and its autonomous PowerBuoy system, which is designed to generate power for use independent of the power grid in remote locations. Both products use the same PowerBuoy technology.
The companys PowerBuoy system consists of a floating buoy-like device that is loosely moored to the seabed so that it moves up and down in response to the rising and falling of the waves, as well as a power take-off device, an electrical generator, a power electronics system and its control system, which are sealed in the unit.
The power take-off device converts the mechanical stroking created by the movement of the unit caused by ocean waves into rotational mechanical energy, which, in turn, drives the electrical generator. The power electronics system then conditions the output from the generator into usable electricity. The operation of the PowerBuoy system is controlled by its customized control system.
The control system uses sensors and an onboard computer to continuously monitor the PowerBuoy subsystems, as well as the height, frequency and shape of the waves interacting with the PowerBuoy system. The control system collects data from the sensors and uses proprietary algorithms to electronically adjust the performance of the PowerBuoy system in real-time and on a wave-by-wave basis.
Utility PowerBuoy System
The utility PowerBuoy system is designed to transmit electricity to shore by an underwater power cable, which would then be connected to a power grid. The utility PowerBuoy system is designed to be positioned in water with a depth of 100 to 200 feet.
Autonomous PowerBuoy System
The autonomous PowerBuoy system is based on similar technology to the utility PowerBuoy system, and is designed for electricity generation of low amounts of power for use independent of the power grid in remote locations. The autonomous PowerBuoy system has a maximum rated output ranging from 300 Watts to 40kW, depending on the application. The companys autonomous PowerBuoy system is designed to operate in the ocean and in any depth of water.
The companys potential customer base for its utility PowerBuoy systems consists of public utilities, independent power producers and other governmental entities and agencies. Its potential customer base for its autonomous PowerBuoy systems consists of different public and private entities that use electricity in and near the ocean. Its customers include the U.S. Navy; Iberdrola and Total; and Scottish Government.
Ocean Power Technologies, Inc. was incorporated in 1984.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. OCEAN POWER TECHNOLOGIES, INC COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. OCEAN POWER TECHNOLOGIES, INC BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. OCEAN POWER TECHNOLOGIES, INC SWOT ANALYSIS
4. OCEAN POWER TECHNOLOGIES, INC FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. OCEAN POWER TECHNOLOGIES, INC COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Ocean Power Technologies, Inc Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Ocean Power Technologies, Inc and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Ocean Power Technologies, Inc and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Ocean Power Technologies, Inc Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Electrical Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Ocean Power Technologies, Inc Industry Position Analysis
6. OCEAN POWER TECHNOLOGIES, INC NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. OCEAN POWER TECHNOLOGIES, INC EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. OCEAN POWER TECHNOLOGIES, INC ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. OCEAN POWER TECHNOLOGIES, INC IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. OCEAN POWER TECHNOLOGIES, INC PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. OCEAN POWER TECHNOLOGIES, INC VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Ocean Power Technologies, Inc Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Ocean Power Technologies, Inc Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Ocean Power Technologies, Inc Major Shareholders
Ocean Power Technologies, Inc History
Ocean Power Technologies, Inc Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Ocean Power Technologies, Inc Offices and Representations
Ocean Power Technologies, Inc SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Ocean Power Technologies, Inc Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Ocean Power Technologies, Inc Capital Market Snapshot
Ocean Power Technologies, Inc Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Electrical Equipment Industry Statistics
Ocean Power Technologies, Inc Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Ocean Power Technologies, Inc Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Ocean Power Technologies, Inc Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Ocean Power Technologies, Inc 1-year Stock Charts
Ocean Power Technologies, Inc 5-year Stock Charts
Ocean Power Technologies, Inc vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Ocean Power Technologies, Inc vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Ocean Power Technologies, Inc Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?