- The report contains detailed information about NGAS Resources Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for NGAS Resources Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The NGAS Resources Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes NGAS Resources Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of NGAS Resources Inc. business.
About NGAS Resources Inc.
NGAS Resources, Inc., an independent exploration and production company, focuses on natural gas shale plays in the eastern United States, principally in the southern Appalachian Basin. As of December 31, 2009, the company had interests in a total of 1,387 wells, concentrated on Appalachian properties that the company operates and controls through its infrastructure position.
The companys producing properties and undeveloped acreage positions are concentrated in the southern Appalachian Basin, as well as its developed New Albany shale play with in the Illinois Basin in western Kentucky. The company also has interests in a non-operated coalbed methane project in the Arkoma Basin and non-operated projects in West Virginia and Virginia.
Leatherwood: The Leatherwood field covers approximately 69,000 acres, extending 41 miles through Letcher, Perry, Leslie and Harlan Counties in eastern Kentucky. As of December 31, 2009, the company had 281 wells on line in Leatherwood, with total daily gross and net production of 8,360 Mcfe and 3,174 Mcfe, respectively.
Arkoma: The Arkoma field is a coalbed methane (CBM) project covering approximately 14,000 acres in the Arkoma Basin with in Sebastian County, Arkansas and Leflore County, Oklahoma. In November 2005, the company acquired Dart Energys position including its 25% interest in the fields gathering system and a total of 48 CBM wells drilled by the joint venture. The company also entered into a farmout with CDX for 90% of its majority (75%) interest in specified drilling locations on its acreage. The company had interests in a total of 67 wells producing to sales in this field, as of 2009, with daily gross and net CBM production of 9,272 Mcf and 2,075 Mcf, respectively.
Amvest and Martins Fork: The companys interests in the Amvest and Martins Fork fields, include 86,500 acres in Harlan County, Kentucky and Lee County, Virginia. As of December 2009, the company had a total of 78 wells in Martins Fork and 75 wells in Amvest, with daily gross and net production aggregating 3,209 Mcfe and 2,219 Mcfe, respectively. The company operates all the wells and produces all natural gas in these fields through the appalachian Gathering System.
In May 2009, the company acquired a farmout from Chesapeake Appalachia, LLC for a tract of 56,000 gross (42,000 net) undeveloped acres contiguous to the Amvest portion of its Stone Mountain field in Letcher and Harlan Counties, Kentucky.
Straight Creek: The Straight Creek field is located in Bell and Harlan Counties, Kentucky. The company has interests in approximately 28,000 acres in this field.
Fonde: The Fonde field spans portions of Bell County, Kentucky and Claiborne County, Tennessee. The company has drilled a total of 65 vertical wells in Fonde, which produce natural gas from the Big Lime and Devonian shale formations at depths up to 4,500 feet, along with crude oil from the Big Lime. The company operates all the wells and produces all natural gas in the field through the Appalachian Gathering System.
HRE: The company has participated in development of the HRE fields with a joint venture partner, Hard Rock Exploration, Inc. (Hard Rock), under its leases and farmouts covering approximately 114,000 acres in Boone, Cabell, Jackson, Randolph and Roane Counties, West Virginia and Buchanan County, Virginia.
Haleys Mill: The companys New Albany shale play, known as Haleys Mill, is situated in the southcentral portion of the Illinois Basin, spanning portions of Christian and Hopkins Counties in western Kentucky. The company has interests in approximately 52,000 acres.
Gas Processing: The company owns 50% interests in a liquids extraction plant for natural gas delivered through the Appalachian Gathering System, located in Rogersville, Tennessee, and a nitrogen rejection facility for its Illinois Basin production. The Rogersville plant extracts NGL at levels enabling the company to flow dry pipeline quality natural gas into the interstate network.
Natural Gas Sales: The company sells its natural gas production primarily through unaffiliated gas marketing intermediaries, including Seminole Energy and Stand Energy Corporation.
Crude Oil and NGL Sales: The companys crude oil production and NGL extracted from its Appalachian gas production is sold primarily to refineries at posted field or spot prices, net of transportation costs. NGL is delivered to customers from its Rogersville plant under rail shipping arrangements implemented during 2009.
Utility Sales: Through its Sentra subsidiary, the company owns and operates distribution systems for retail sales of natural gas to two communities in southcentral Kentucky. As a public utility, Sentras gas sales are regulated by the Kentucky Public Service Commission. As of December 31, 2009, Sentra had approximately 200 customers, many of which are commercial and agri-business accounts.
NGAS Resources Inc. was founded in 1979.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. NGAS RESOURCES INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. NGAS RESOURCES INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. NGAS RESOURCES INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. NGAS RESOURCES INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. NGAS RESOURCES INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. NGAS Resources Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of NGAS Resources Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of NGAS Resources Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. NGAS Resources Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Energy Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. NGAS Resources Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. NGAS RESOURCES INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. NGAS RESOURCES INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. NGAS RESOURCES INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. NGAS RESOURCES INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. NGAS RESOURCES INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. NGAS RESOURCES INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
NGAS Resources Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
NGAS Resources Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
NGAS Resources Inc. Major Shareholders
NGAS Resources Inc. History
NGAS Resources Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
NGAS Resources Inc. Offices and Representations
NGAS Resources Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
NGAS Resources Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
NGAS Resources Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
NGAS Resources Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Energy Industry Statistics
NGAS Resources Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
NGAS Resources Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
NGAS Resources Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
NGAS Resources Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
NGAS Resources Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
NGAS Resources Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
NGAS Resources Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
NGAS Resources Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?