- The report contains detailed information about ION Geophysical Corporation that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for ION Geophysical Corporation. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The ION Geophysical Corporation financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes ION Geophysical Corporation competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of ION Geophysical Corporation business.
About ION Geophysical Corporation
ION Geophysical Corporation operates as a technology-focused seismic solutions company that provides seismic data acquisition equipment, seismic software, and seismic planning, processing, and interpretation services to the global energy industry.
The company's products, technologies, and services are used by oil and gas exploration and production (E&P) companies and seismic acquisition contractors to generate high-resolution images of the subsurface during exploration, exploitation, and production operations.
In October 2009, the company announced that it had entered into a binding term sheet with BGP Inc., China National Petroleum Corporation (BGP), a wholly-owned oil field service subsidiary of China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC), to form a land equipment joint venture.
The company's products and services include the following: land and marine seismic data acquisition equipment; navigation, command & control, and data management software products; planning services for survey design and optimization; seismic data processing and reservoir imaging services; and seismic data libraries.
The company operates through four business segments: Land Imaging Systems, Marine Imaging Systems, Data Management Solutions, and ION Solutions division.
Land Imaging Systems: This segment offers cable-based, cableless and radio-controlled seismic data acquisition systems, digital and analog geophone sensors, vibroseis vehicles (vibrator trucks) and source controllers for detonator and vibrator energy sources and also consisting of analog geophone sensors.
Marine Imaging Systems: This segment offers towed streamer and redeployable ocean bottom cable seismic data acquisition systems and shipboard recorders, streamer positioning and control systems and energy sources (such as air guns and air gun controllers).
Data Management Solutions: This segment offers software systems and related services for navigation and data management involving towed marine streamer and seabed operations.
ION Solutions: This segment offers seismic data processing services for marine and land environments, seismic data libraries, and Integrated Seismic Solutions (ISS) services.
Products and Services
ION Systems Division
Land Imaging Systems Products
Land Acquisition Systems: The company's cable-based Scorpion and ARIES land acquisition systems consist of a central recording unit and multiple remote ground equipment modules that are connected by cable. The central recording unit is in a transportable enclosure that serves as the control center of each system and is typically mounted within a vehicle or helicopter. The central recording unit receives digitized data, stores the data on storage media for subsequent processing, and displays the data on optional monitoring devices. It also provides calibration, status, and test functionality. The remote ground equipment consists of multiple remote modules and line taps positioned over the survey area. Seismic data is collected by analog geophones or VectorSeis digital sensors.
The company's ARIES product line was acquired in connection with its acquisition of ARAM in 2008. The product line consists of analog cable-based land acquisition systems and related peripherals and equipment. ARIES land system products include remote acquisition modules (RAMs), which acquire analog seismic data from the geophones and transmit the data digitally to the central processing equipment, and line tap units that interconnect baseline cables from the recording equipment to multiple receiver lines andfunction to retransmit data from the RAMs to central recording equipment.
ARIES products also include system batteries (standard sealed or lithium-ion), central recording equipment (including seismic processing module and ARAM software), baseline cables that connect the central recording equipment with the taps and receiver line cables that connect geophones or hydrophone groups to a RAM. In 2008, ION launched ARIES II, an updated land recording system that features 24-bit system architecture.
Geophones: Geophones are analog sensor devices that measure acoustic energy reflected from
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ION GEOPHYSICAL CORPORATION COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ION GEOPHYSICAL CORPORATION BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ION GEOPHYSICAL CORPORATION SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ION GEOPHYSICAL CORPORATION FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ION GEOPHYSICAL CORPORATION COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. ION Geophysical Corporation Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of ION Geophysical Corporation and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of ION Geophysical Corporation and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. ION Geophysical Corporation Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Energy Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. ION Geophysical Corporation Industry Position Analysis
6. ION GEOPHYSICAL CORPORATION NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ION GEOPHYSICAL CORPORATION EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ION GEOPHYSICAL CORPORATION ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ION GEOPHYSICAL CORPORATION IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ION GEOPHYSICAL CORPORATION PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ION GEOPHYSICAL CORPORATION VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
ION Geophysical Corporation Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
ION Geophysical Corporation Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
ION Geophysical Corporation Major Shareholders
ION Geophysical Corporation History
ION Geophysical Corporation Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
ION Geophysical Corporation Offices and Representations
ION Geophysical Corporation SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
ION Geophysical Corporation Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
ION Geophysical Corporation Capital Market Snapshot
ION Geophysical Corporation Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Energy Industry Statistics
ION Geophysical Corporation Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
ION Geophysical Corporation Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
ION Geophysical Corporation Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
ION Geophysical Corporation 1-year Stock Charts
ION Geophysical Corporation 5-year Stock Charts
ION Geophysical Corporation vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
ION Geophysical Corporation vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
ION Geophysical Corporation Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?