- The report contains detailed information about McDermott International Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for McDermott International Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The McDermott International Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes McDermott International Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of McDermott International Inc. business.
About McDermott International Inc.
McDermott International, Inc. operates as an engineering and construction company. It provides various products and services to customers in the energy and power industries, including utilities and other power generators, national oil companies, and the United States Government. It has operations in approximately 20 countries.
The company operates in three business segments: Offshore Oil and Gas Construction, Government Operations, and Power Generation Systems.
Offshore Oil and Gas Construction segment
Offshore Oil and Gas Construction segment includes the business and operations of JRMSA, J. Ray McDermott Holdings, LLC and their respective subsidiaries. Through this segment, the company supplies services primarily to offshore oil and gas field developments worldwide, including the front-end design and detailed engineering, fabrication and installation of offshore drilling and production facilities and installation of marine pipelines and subsea production systems. The company also provides comprehensive project management and procurement services, and the company operates in most major offshore oil and gas producing regions, including the United States, Mexico, Canada, the Middle East, India, the Caspian Sea, and the Asia Pacific.
The company operates a fleet of marine vessels used in major offshore construction and operates several fabrication facilities. Offshore Oil and Gas Construction segments principal fabrication facilities are located in Indonesia on Batam Island, in Dubai, the U.A.E., Altamira, Mexico, and near Morgan City, Louisiana. The company also operates a portion of the Baku Deepwater Jacket Factory fabrication facility in Baku, Azerbaijan, which is owned by a subsidiary of the State Oil Company of the Azerbaijan Republic. These fabrication facilities are equipped with heavy-duty construction and fabrication equipment, including cranes, welding equipment, machine tools and robotic and other automated equipment.
The company fabricates a range of offshore structures, from conventional jacket-type fixed platforms to intermediate water and deepwater platform configurations employing spar, compliant-tower and tension leg technologies, as well as floating, production, storage and off-loading (FPSO) technology.
Government Operations segment
This segments principal operations include: providing precision manufactured nuclear components for the U.S. Government defense programs; managing and operating nuclear production facilities; managing and operating environmental management sites; managing spent nuclear fuel and transuranic waste for the DOE; providing critical skills and resources for DOE sites; and developing and deploying technology in support of the U.S. Government programs.
Government Operations segment includes the business and operations of BWX Technologies, Inc., Babcock & Wilcox Nuclear Operations Group, Inc., Babcock & Wilcox Technical Services Group, Inc. and their respective subsidiaries. Through this segment, the company supplies nuclear components, including manufacture of the U.S. Naval nuclear power systems for submarines and aircraft carriers, and provide various other services to the U.S. Government, including uranium processing, environmental site restoration services, and management and operating services for various U.S. Government-owned facilities, primarily with in the nuclear weapons complex of the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE). In addition, the company is a manufacturer of critical nuclear components, fuels, and assemblies for government and commercial uses. The company also converts or downblends high-enriched uranium into low-enriched fuel for use in commercial reactors to generate electricity.
The company works closely with the DOE supported non-proliferation program. This program assists in the development of a low-enriched uranium fuel required for high-enriched uranium test reactor conversions. The company also engages in the receipt, storage, characterization, dissolution, recovery and purification of various uranium-bearing materials. All phases of uranium downblending and uranium recovery are provided at its Lynchburg, Virginia and Er
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. MCDERMOTT INTERNATIONAL INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. MCDERMOTT INTERNATIONAL INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. MCDERMOTT INTERNATIONAL INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. MCDERMOTT INTERNATIONAL INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. MCDERMOTT INTERNATIONAL INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. McDermott International Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of McDermott International Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of McDermott International Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. McDermott International Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Energy Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. McDermott International Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. MCDERMOTT INTERNATIONAL INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. MCDERMOTT INTERNATIONAL INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. MCDERMOTT INTERNATIONAL INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. MCDERMOTT INTERNATIONAL INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. MCDERMOTT INTERNATIONAL INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. MCDERMOTT INTERNATIONAL INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
McDermott International Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
McDermott International Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
McDermott International Inc. Major Shareholders
McDermott International Inc. History
McDermott International Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
McDermott International Inc. Offices and Representations
McDermott International Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
McDermott International Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
McDermott International Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
McDermott International Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Energy Industry Statistics
McDermott International Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
McDermott International Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
McDermott International Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
McDermott International Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
McDermott International Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
McDermott International Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
McDermott International Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
McDermott International Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?